Veloce Gloves - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Veloce Gloves

Just got a chance to try out the Veloce Legionnaire gloves in size large. These gloves are the first pair of gauntlet gloves that I have worn. Before this pair I was using Icon Tarmac v2.0 gloves. The Icons were short, very thin, and breathy.

Legionnaire gloves Promote safety and comfort. I love the gloves and would gladly buy another pair when these get worn out. It will take a little bit of adjusting and getting used to, but these are going to be amazing gloves in the end. Once I get a few more miles with the gloves on and put a few more miles that will break in nicely and fit perfectly.

I highly recommend that everyone buy a pair and enjoy them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0807081440.jpg (223.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 0807081442.jpg (163.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 0807081444.jpg (194.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 0807081446.jpg (285.4 KB, 36 views)

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Before WIM gets wind of this thread, it's VELOCE, not VELCOE.

post #3 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Is there any way for me to correct this error? i don't see the edit button that I used once before. Moderator want to step in and help me out?

post #4 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
Is there any way for me to correct this error? i don't see the edit button that I used once before. Moderator want to step in and help me out?
Say I am your favorite moderator!

Fixed

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #5 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

your my favorite moderator ever. But you missed line one there is a misspelling this. but thanks for the title fix. That was amazingly fast. F4iguy for president!!!

post #6 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
But you missed line one there is a misspelling
No worries, I cleaned up after him.

Just lettin' ya sweat a bit before Wimbly comes in.

post #7 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

thanks to both my moderators for cleaning it up and keeping me safe from Wim.

post #8 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I had my larges waiting for me when I got home from vacation as well and must say they are outstanding... (and they fit!)

I cant wait to break them in!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #9 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

I am also the proud new owner of a pair of Veloce Centurion gloves, as of this week. To say I am impressed is an understatement. Incredibly well made, great looking, comfortable, and (no doubt) will provide very good protection. Thanks Michael! You guys deserve all the success you are bound to have!

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #10 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 03:31 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

WOW!

I think I am blushing a little here. Thanks for all the comments and feedback. As I always say, a lot of those thanks goes to the members of this board. Veloce is as much this board's baby as it is mine.

I am thrilled that the gloves fit the bill and so far meet your expectations. We have been fortunate to partner with a newer factory team with people who share our vision and goals and thus the result are gloves like this.

I am excited about the upcoming release of production gloves and will keep you posted.

Midwest - don't take this the wrong way (and if you do, I will set Sporty on you), you are a tough customer to please. Only because you saw this project from the start, you got to see the first generation with all the sizing errors and if we are able to meet your expectations now, this means your feedback and suggestions were very fruitful and we have been able to get some things right. Thanks buddy.

Again, I will keep all posted. Glad you guys like them. Your feedback in the future is always welcome. It helps with product development. Thanks for all your support.

AVE!

Wim.

PS: Zook..... all is forgive on the Velcoe... LOL!!!!

post #11 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 03:38 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Just got a chance to try out the Veloce Legionnaire gloves in size large. These gloves are the first pair of gauntlet gloves that I have worn. Before this pair I was using Icon Tarmac v2.0 gloves. The Icons were short, very thin, and breathy.

Legionnaire gloves Promote safety and comfort. I love the gloves and would gladly buy another pair when these get worn out. It will take a little bit of adjusting and getting used to, but these are going to be amazing gloves in the end. Once I get a few more miles with the gloves on and put a few more miles that will break in nicely and fit perfectly.

I highly recommend that everyone buy a pair and enjoy them.
Zook - Thanks for the feedback and pictures. Glad to hear you are able to ride again, take it easy on that injury.

I am glad that you are adjusting well to your first full gauntlet gloves. They do provide better coverage and protection - ride safe and enjoy them!

Cheers,

WIM / Mike.

post #12 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Once you are in full production mode, we should have everyone who bought the gloves, ride down to our local dealers, go in and show em and tell em they're missing out if they don't stock em...might just give the Veloce a lil jump start.

post #13 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Once you are in full production mode, we should have everyone who bought the gloves, ride down to our local dealers, go in and show em and tell em they're missing out if they don't stock em...might just give the Veloce a lil jump start.

Thank you. That would be the best endorsement ever. We were actually thinking of creating a program that worked in a similar manner.

post #14 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 07:21 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post

Oh now that is a great idea! I like that! Maybe do up an informational sheet with all the info on the models, pricing, etc and have us walk in with those and our finely broken in gloves to show and maybe that glove report from the web!

Release the hounds?

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #15 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Thank you Wim for forgiving my error in you company name, it will not happen again. I would gladly walk in all 4 shops in my area and show them my gloves and give them a flyer to see if they might be interested whenever you get a chance to build up your stock.

I just got done riding in the rain (on purpose) and these gloves are even more amazing than I first believed. My hands stayed dry and warm while it was constantly raining. I'm slowly getting used to these gloves, and I'm sure in a week or two they will be broke in. Once they are finished being broke in I truly believe these will be the best gloves ever.

post #16 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest View Post
Oh now that is a great idea! I like that! Maybe do up an informational sheet with all the info on the models, pricing, etc and have us walk in with those and our finely broken in gloves to show and maybe that glove report from the web!

Release the hounds?
Actually, I had been working on a program that would make it worth your while to do this kind of intro. Let me flesh it out a little more and I will send details to all interested.

Quote:
Thank you Wim for forgiving my error in you company name, it will not happen again. I would gladly walk in all 4 shops in my area and show them my gloves and give them a flyer to see if they might be interested whenever you get a chance to build up your stock.

I just got done riding in the rain (on purpose) and these gloves are even more amazing than I first believed. My hands stayed dry and warm while it was constantly raining. I'm slowly getting used to these gloves, and I'm sure in a week or two they will be broke in. Once they are finished being broke in I truly believe these will be the best gloves ever.
Hey Man - no worries on the name error. No biggie....

You rode in the rain? Someone else did not fare so well... Let me know how your hands looked after the ride. Water and leather typically don't mix well due to the chance of dies leaking out. I would interested to know how these new generation Legionnaires performed.

Also, careful when you ride with any leather gloves in the rain. It can stiffen the leather a bit it dries. Try to air them well when drying.

WIM.

post #17 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Rain was a medium to light rain that i rode in for about 15 minutes and the leather dies did not bleed onto me at all. The gloves were dry when I got home, but we rode talked for like 30minutes after the rain and then rode for an hour after and all was good. Gloves did not shrink in the least and no bleeding. The icons basically got ruined from being in the rain to much, but these did a ton better.

Let us know when you get that pamphlet made and I'm sure everyone here will help you out. How do the Legionnaire gloves compare to the Centurion gloves. I like the styling of the Legionnaire better, but if the Centurion gloves preform better then ill probably get me a second pair. However I'm sure that gloves can get much better.

post #18 of 38 Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Rain was a medium to light rain that i rode in for about 15 minutes and the leather dies did not bleed onto me at all. The gloves were dry when I got home, but we rode talked for like 30minutes after the rain and then rode for an hour after and all was good. Gloves did not shrink in the least and no bleeding. The icons basically got ruined from being in the rain to much, but these did a ton better.

Let us know when you get that pamphlet made and I'm sure everyone here will help you out. How do the Legionnaire gloves compare to the Centurion gloves. I like the styling of the Legionnaire better, but if the Centurion gloves preform better then ill probably get me a second pair. However I'm sure that gloves can get much better.
Thanks for the feedback. I am glad the new gloves did much better. The Centurion are a slight upgrade from the Legionnaires and offers riders an alternative choice and a glove before the Race Level Primus gloves.

post #19 of 38 Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

As of today I have owned my Veloce gloves for 6 months and loved every minute of using them. I have done just under 6k miles with these gloves on my hands and they have held up incredibly well. I do quite a bit of taking them on and off, because I travel all around town and to and from work.

New pair of Primus gloves should be here next week and it is goign to be difficult to decide which pair to wear.

Incredible product Aquila.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (359.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (425.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (392.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 004.jpg (453.5 KB, 16 views)

post #20 of 38 Old 02-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

That is great to know as these are the pair I have coming my way...Way to go Mike

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #21 of 38 Old 04-30-2009, 12:58 PM

hi all. i want those gloves too. just curious. i saw the size chart on veloce's site. i took a string around my palm and it measured 8 inches. it means i should get a Large. are those gloves true to your palm size or should i get XL instead? Thanks.

post #22 of 38 Old 05-01-2009, 04:06 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post
hi all. i want those gloves too. just curious. i saw the size chart on veloce's site. i took a string around my palm and it measured 8 inches. it means i should get a Large. are those gloves true to your palm size or should i get XL instead? Thanks.
Hi Fizz. Stick with a Large. Currently, the gloves run big, so to go with an XL might mean it is too big for you.

Welcome to the Board by the way, I was informed of your email and appreciate the inquiry.

What size do you wear in other gloves? And what brand?

post #23 of 38 Old 05-02-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila-RC51 View Post
What size do you wear in other gloves? And what brand?
hi, thanks for the reply. i'm wearing these in size S.

http://gpbikes.com/index.php?main_pa...8939b6e57abfea

i'm not sure if it's popular in the US. I measured my palm and it tells me to get a L, but the gloves I'm wearing is S. I'm a bit confused LOL.

post #24 of 38 Old 05-02-2009, 10:22 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post
hi, thanks for the reply. i'm wearing these in size S.

http://gpbikes.com/index.php?main_pa...8939b6e57abfea

i'm not sure if it's popular in the US. I measured my palm and it tells me to get a L, but the gloves I'm wearing is S. I'm a bit confused LOL.
WOW! That is weird indeed. I will probably recommend you stick with a Small or Medium at the most. We are currently out of stock on the smaller sizes - depending on your time frame, we can add you to the Group Buy list on W/T to keep your discount. The new batch is a few weeks away from completion.

post #25 of 38 Old 05-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
WOW! That is weird indeed. I will probably recommend you stick with a Small or Medium at the most. We are currently out of stock on the smaller sizes - depending on your time frame, we can add you to the Group Buy list on W/T to keep your discount. The new batch is a few weeks away from completion.
please sign me up for the group buy. do i just need to post in the group buy thread? i guess right now it's either size M or L for me. thanks. can't wait

post #26 of 38 Old 07-03-2009, 09:59 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Just thought I would chime in on Zook's thread here. I recently got a response from a customer who has had his Legionnaires for a little over a year now. It was nice to know the gloves are doing great - I hope that is the same for all current owners.

The gentleman is a Doctor and rides almost everyday:

Dear Michael,

I have been quite pleased with the gloves. All the stitching remains intact and the material remains strong on the palms, fingers, and back of hands.

Only one normal wear and tear item has occurred. The leather at the wrist cuff has torn free of the velcro pad as a result of tugging at the writst cuff, leaving a 1 cm tear at the velcro pad margin. I equate this to normal wear and tear as I have used these gloves 5 to 6 days a week, every week for the last year. I have been quite happy and plan to buy another pair once needed. At this rate, they'll probably last another year.

Thanks again for your help in the past.

Sincerely,
XXXXXX

--- On Wed, 7/1/09, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Legionnaire Gloves
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 6:56 AM

Dear XXXX -

I hope this note finds you well. It has almost been a year to the date you got your replacement Legionnaire gloves. I was wondering how they have held up. You provide a unique test environment for us as you are a regular rider.

If you have a moment to drop me a line and let me know, that would be most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Michael O
Veloce Gear USA
Chatsworth, CA
HOME

post #27 of 38 Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Tirone shoelaces

I have been wearing a pair of Primus gloves for a few months and they're GREAT.

The temps have been between 100-105 degrees on my evening commute and my hands stay comfortable. The ventilation is noticeable.

I got caught in the rain during an afternoon ride a few weeks ago. I got so wet that I had to disrobe outside... I mean the water was running off me, not just dripping. I poured water out of my boots. The gloves were also completely saturated and I was worried they would be damaged.

I used a hand towel to get the gloves into a non-dripping state and dried them overnight. The palms were cleaner and just a little stiffer, though they loosened up after a few minutes of wearing them.

I wear them daily and I remain impressed with these gloves.

Are the Primus gloves available in RED yet? I could use the extra horsepower that RED gear imparts

post #28 of 38 Old 07-03-2009, 05:03 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTraffic View Post
I have been wearing a pair of Primus gloves for a few months and they're GREAT.

The temps have been between 100-105 degrees on my evening commute and my hands stay comfortable. The ventilation is noticeable.

I got caught in the rain during an afternoon ride a few weeks ago. I got so wet that I had to disrobe outside... I mean the water was running off me, not just dripping. I poured water out of my boots. The gloves were also completely saturated and I was worried they would be damaged.

I used a hand towel to get the gloves into a non-dripping state and dried them overnight. The palms were cleaner and just a little stiffer, though they loosened up after a few minutes of wearing them.

I wear them daily and I remain impressed with these gloves.

Are the Primus gloves available in RED yet? I could use the extra horsepower that RED gear imparts
Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear they are performing well. Yes, they are available in Red. Sokali just got a pair of them.

post #29 of 38 Old 07-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear they are performing well. Yes, they are available in Red. Sokali just got a pair of them.
mike check the new for sale post you have for the back protectors please.... i asked a ? there ...

post #30 of 38 Old 07-03-2009, 06:07 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
mike check the new for sale post you have for the back protectors please.... i asked a ? there ...
Hokay Dokes... I responded.

post #31 of 38 Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Street Triple

Just got my black Legionnaires yesterday afternoon. Excellent quality glove. I could not be more pleased w/ them. Dealing with WIM of Veloce is good as it gets.

d'Art

d'Artagnan
Triumph f/ All and All f/ Triumph
post #32 of 38 Old 09-22-2009, 05:16 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Yesterday while riding through eastern Tennessee I got caught in a torrential downpour. My Legionaire's were great, water repellent until they reached their saturation point...when they became super-absorbent! I'm only kidding around. These gloves are wonderful!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #33 of 38 Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dArtagnan View Post
Just got my black Legionnaires yesterday afternoon. Excellent quality glove. I could not be more pleased w/ them. Dealing with WIM of Veloce is good as it gets.

d'Art
Glad you got them and like them. Ummm... who is this WIM fellow you mention ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
Yesterday while riding through eastern Tennessee I got caught in a torrential downpour. My Legionaire's were great, water repellent until they reached their saturation point...when they became super-absorbent! I'm only kidding around. These gloves are wonderful!
Hmmm.... your magnectic force field must be non-operational. Seems to me laddie that your dylethium crystals are failing.

post #34 of 38 Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Living the dream

Aquilla,

Any update on ladies gloves?
post #35 of 38 Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:

Hmmm.... your magnectic force field must be non-operational. Seems to me laddie that your dylethium crystals are failing.
he musta bought the wrong kinda "crystal" off that guy in the truck stop parking lot... side note tho... he didnt have trouble staying awake.....

post #36 of 38 Old 09-22-2009, 09:21 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR_Nate View Post
Aquilla,

Any update on ladies gloves?
I swear man, I will come down on your like the vengance of the Lord!

The gloves are ready... been waiting to hear from you. Drop me an email - [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
he musta bought the wrong kinda "crystal" off that guy in the truck stop parking lot... side note tho... he didnt have trouble staying awake.....
You make a very valid point there. He did stay awake. Maybe it was the RIGHT kinda crystal afterall.

post #37 of 38 Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Hey Mikey, sent you an email....feel free to use it if you want.

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #38 of 38 Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadogs View Post
Hey Mikey, sent you an email....feel free to use it if you want.
Thanks brother, just read it... thanks a mill.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode