Tourmaster Solution Wp 2.0 Boot Review - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By benr

post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Garage
Tourmaster Solution Wp 2.0 Boot Review

I just did a review of the Tourmaster Solution Wp 2.0 Boots, Click Here and take a look before making a purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2015, 08:34 PM
just send it.

Garage
Why not post the review here? Why just post a link to your blog? That's the same sort of shameless plug that our new overlords pull.

post #3 of 3 Old 12-01-2015, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Garage
Its is a shameless plug

All season motorcycle touring boots can get crazy expensive. For a true touring boot you can pay $500+. The Tourmaster Solution Wp 2.0 boots come in at just $129.99.

Features

• Water-repellent leather and PU upper
  • HiPora waterproof, breathable membrane
  • 3M ScotchLite on rear area for night time safety
  • VR single density compound sole for reliable grip
  • Auto lock zipper covered with adjustable Velcro® brand closure flap
  • Leather stretch panels for better comfort and durability
  • Molded nylon shin and ankle guard backed with shock absorbing material
  • Shock absorbing latex foam on flex panels
  • Leather shift pad
  • TecnoGI thermoplastic heel cut and toe cap
  • Preformed orthopedic vibration absorbing foot bed
Looks

They look like something a black suited power ranger would wear. But most functional motorcycle gear looks that way, so considering that they are a touring boot, the styling gets a thumbs-up.

On Your Feet

The boots are very comfortable, they fit great, allow for your sweaty stanky feet to breath, and for the most part keeps the water out*. The boot is very flexible making it easy to walk to and from your bike and to the local establishment for a mid-day end-of-day beer while riding. The flexibility likely comes at the cost of slightly reduced protection.

Waterproof

The reason I bought these boots is because: A) I am cheap sometimes and buy inexpensive gear and B) they are waterproof. Well I am cheap sometimes BUT these are not waterPROOF. The zipper has a Velcro flap and a large “Gator” behind it which gives it the “waterproofness”, however it is not a waterproof zipper like you find on higher end outdoor gear.
*I used these boots for a long distance ride from the east coast of Canada into the states, down to Deals Gap and back up to central Canada via Michigan’s UP. For the most part we had incredible weather, the kind that makes you wonder why you even bother to own a vehicle with a cage around it. But like most motorcycle trips we did run into some nasty stuff. A lot of the time when you are riding long days, you tend to get a pretty good sense of what the weather is doing. You can hit hard rain and see that soon enough, you will be through it. We had lots of this, 20 min – 40 min of rain and we were cooled down and the bugs were gone from the windshields. The boots held up great in these circumstances. But then a full day of rain came. And I do mean a FULL DAY, 8 – 10 hours of riding in pouring rain and fog. Hitting Duluth, MN with a few hundred more KM planned, my right foot soaked and frozen, we called it a day and grabbed a cheap hotel. By this time both boots, especially the right, where soaked. Given enough rain and wind, water can find its way in. The zipper is likely the week point but I have no way of knowing for sure, it could possibly have entered from the top should the pant leg lift up enough.
Recommendation

For the price, they are a good boot. If you are a fair-weather rider who gets caught in the odd rain storm, these boots are fantastic. If you are shopping on a tight budget for a touring boot I would say go for it, but be aware that in a hard rain you might get wet, so carry some grocery bags to wrap your feet in for heavy downpours. If you have the money and do a lot of serious touring, I would recommend going for a higher end boot like the Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex or Dainese Fulcrum Goretex Boot.
Read More at The Perfect Line - All Things Motorcycle Blog

crakerjac likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode