Tiger... Custom or Stock? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Tiger... Custom or Stock?

Anyone know of any stock lids with Tigers on it? -- must be full face helmet!

My new 07 919 is Red and would love to get a helmet with some color matching that especially if I can get it with some pouncing tigers or tiger eyes.

If not stock, where is a good place to get one custom designed/painted?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianopraze View Post
If not stock, where is a good place to get one custom designed/painted?
you can bring a picture of a tiger you like to most any sign shop that does vinyl signs and they can make you one and probably put it on for you... (it won't be as cheap as you think tho)

post #3 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.

post #4 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadogs View Post
Bahahahahahahaha

post #5 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Click below:

KBC Ed Hardy edition

post #6 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
you can bring a picture of a tiger you like to most any sign shop that does vinyl signs and they can make you one and probably put it on for you... (it won't be as cheap as you think tho)
I expect it to be 300-500 for just the paint job (although I found one site that looked good and offered to do paint jobs as low as 150). I searched the threads on here and internet and found that much... didn't find any recommendations of good artist/shops though in the treads.

That's not full face dadogs.........
p.s. TIGER... not TIGGER!

Ridge: TY, that is the nicest one I've seen yet. Want more red though.. and not the biggest fan of the big eyed cartoony Asian style dragons/tigers.

Yeah I know I'm picky....

post #7 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Ridge: I found this helmet on that site you recommended, It is more like I'm looking for, but I want one with a tiger, not the demon that's on there:
KBC Helmets | Performance Helmets

post #8 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 12:36 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Personally - I'd be more concerned with finding a helmet that fits , then worry with the graphics .graphics are ealy changed , where as fiding a lid that fits your head correctly is the chalange - - I had a local paint shop fix me up a Dale Quartley replica back in the day and the whole job cost me about 200 smackers.

post #9 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ohno View Post
Personally - I'd be more concerned with finding a helmet that fits , then worry with the graphics .graphics are ealy changed , where as fiding a lid that fits your head correctly is the chalange - - I had a local paint shop fix me up a Dale Quartley replica back in the day and the whole job cost me about 200 smackers.

I was thinking that same thing...Get a plain color helmet that fits well...Then paint it what ever you want

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #10 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Cheaper if I find one already graphic-ed and most helmets fit my head. Never had a problem with that. I have a plain HJC (Blue) that I'm wearing now -- my backup/passenger helmet. I was hopeing someone had seen one around with cool tiger graphics. I've been through all the stores I can find on the net. Sometimes local stores have cool older helmets from previous years they haven't sold yet. My old Aria Helmet had georgious dolphins and stripes... sounds weird but it was beautiful. But it got banged when I lost my Busa, so I need a new main helmet.

So, yeah I agree I'll probably have to have one painted, so thus the last part of my question "where is a good place to get one custom designed/painted?"

post #11 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 PM
So, Satan's our mascot?

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrimmon View Post
I was thinking that same thing...Get a plain color helmet that fits well...Then paint it what ever you want
The Helmet Harbour is down the road from me and I've had the pleasure of spending some time there. I was replacing a $70 helmet many years old and was extremely surprised with how the same size of helmet could feel so different across different brands (in terms of how it felt on my head). Some brands really do fit your melon and face better.

The point was really driven home when the missus went in for a new helmet. We found one of the new Bells was the most comfortable followed by a Shoei...but in the Bell she could go down to an XS where as everything was a S at best, M most often. We went with the smallest, most comfortable helmet available (Bell is churning out some decent products now, too). I'll never order one online - the in shop comparo is incredibly useful.

post #12 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

You could buy a solid color wine red helmet and put a tiger decal on it.

post #13 of 15 Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

I have the gifting/curse of only buying quality. I can walk into any store looking for anything, and the item I like is the most expensive/highest quality in store... unless the highest quality item is not the most expensive... e.g. the 919

Ad to that my artistic/perfectionistic tendencies... I'm hopeless. I'm willing to pay for it, but I want a beautiful helmet!!! And so far, I have not seen any artists that stand up to my expectations yet... still googling! That's why I asked... I hoped you most knowledgeable *bowing* people would know.......

post #14 of 15 Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

My old helmet that fit so good was a Arai Quantum /f... I was looking today (online because all the local dealers suck and don't carry them) and only found the Arai Quantum II... I saw another thread that mentioned they changed the shape inside.... the /f fit perfect. Anyone on here use to have a Quantum /f and upgrade to the Quantum II? I was thinking about ordering it but backed away because I can't try it on in person to see what has changed.

I tried on the Scorpion EXO 400, and 700 and they didn't fit right... also the gmax 68 and Icon ??? . I guess I have an odd head. The Arai Quantum /f (which fits me like it was sculpted for my head) is a "Round-oval fit" ... kind of like a square quadrilateral I guess...

There are a few Quantum /f on ebay... but I might end up on the short bus if I buy one of those and wreck ....

post #15 of 15 Old 06-14-2009, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

*bump.

Ok, so I'll probably have to special order a Arai Quantum 2, which they say is like my Quantum/f... So help me out... I need a painter. I want a tiger on each side and some nice graphics and maybe some tigers eyes on the back... Who's good? Has anyone got a customs paint job done? I really don't want to randomly pick someone off the web...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode