Textile Fieldsheer Aquasport TX - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2008, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Textile Fieldsheer Aquasport TX

Jacket arrived yesterday. Wore it to work this morning. 56* when I left my house and rode 40 miles of interstate to work... Kept me toasty with the liner in.

Snaps to adjust the arms in is nice, and it has velcro to adjust the waist.

My only complaint so far is the size of the pockets... Not quite big enough to be useful.

I'm just over 5'9", about 160lbs with a 30" waist. Jacket size is a 38 regular and the Medium I ordered fits very well. To give you an idea of leg to height ratio I look like a tall friggin oompaloompa. I have a 30 - 32" waist and 30" inseam... So I'm taller in the torso than most and have a hard time finding riding jackets that don't ride at navel height.

Arm length is spot on, and slightly curved forward for riding positon. Jacket length seems OK, it sits just below the beltloops on my jeans.

Will update as I put more miles on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-20-2008, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Quick update.

The temp went from 50something degree weather in the AM to 80+ in the afternoon. The 5PM commute home was pretty warm... The jacket has 2 vents in the back, nothing in the front. I took the liner out before I left work... and I'm glad I did. It got pretty warm in traffic, but once moving again the heat was tolerable.

Guess Black / Grey was not the best color choice.

Forgot to put a link in the first post. Got the jacket from here:
http://www.bikebandit.com/product/9491?WT.mc_id=666111

Forgot to add in my first post the liner is full length sleeve, and quilted. Very nice.

Also nix what I said about pockets. I was able to fit my MP3 player, wallet, phone, truck keys (still carry them when on the bike for some dumb reason) gum, cigs, lighter, clean cloth for visor cleaning, and a few other odds and ends in the jacket without any pockets getting 'bulky' and uncomfortable.

Great jacket for the money IMHO. Not sporty looking... just a bland jacket.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-21-2008, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Got caught in rain yesterday... About 30 minutes of interstate riding and I stayed warm and dry...

post #4 of 5 Old 08-25-2008, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Edit to one of the above posts... It does have front vents. unfortunately they are positioned in such a way than they open up, and pull the jacket upwards... Kind of uncomfortable on the interstate... But OK if riding around town.

Wore the Jacket over the weekend... From St. Louis to Just south of Kansas City... and everywhere in between. Put right at 1000 miles on my 9r this weekend wearing this jacket. We had some 85+ degree weather, down to 50 degrees at night. It was comfortable enough during the day (as long as I was moving) and warm at night.

Two thumbs up from me.

post #5 of 5 Old 08-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Isn't That Somethin'

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

glad you're happy. nice review.

UT VIVANT ALII...SO OTHERS MAY LIVE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode