Summer Riding Jacket - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Grumpy49

Summer Riding Jacket

Anyone have any suggestions for a light weight summer riding jacket. The Milwaukee Leather I have is too heavy. Have seen a few I like from Scorpion and Pokerrun but there are no reviews to assist in my choice. Was hoping someone here might have some suggestions or reviews on what they wear for warm weather. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Woodward Ave

Joe Rocket has a nice armored jacket with a double layer of breathable mesh and a water proof insert. It's really comfortable in hot weather when the insert is out Runs about $170.

post #3 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Omnivore

I have a Scorpion Hat Trick that I really like

Scorpion Hat Trick Mens Textile Jackets - Competition Accessories

I wear it all summer in NC, in temps up to 95F with humidity above 80% At those temps, any jacket is going to be warm, but the Scorpion is tolerable. It has good padding, and has plenty of room. I am 5'10, 210 lbs and the large fits well. I use it year-round, in the winter I usually just put the waterproof liner in... I have never used the thermal liner.

post #4 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acall

I wear it all summer in NC, in temps up to 95F with humidity above 80% At those temps, any jacket is going to be warm, but the Scorpion is tolerable. It has good padding, and has plenty of room. I am 5'10, 210 lbs and the large fits well. I use it year-round, in the winter I usually just put the waterproof liner in... I have never used the thermal liner.
+1 I love my hat trick jacket. With 2 removable liners it's great. I've used mine from about 90 degrees to below freezing. Ridin in the driving rain for two hours and was perfectly dry. The only issue I've had in two years is one zipper pull broke off one cuff.

Spoiler:

post #5 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Silent but Deadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Joe Rocket has a nice armored jacket with a double layer of breathable mesh and a water proof insert. It's really comfortable in hot weather when the insert is out Runs about $170.
+1 Really like my Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket

post #6 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 01:18 PM
duc duc GOOSE!

i have a joe rocket radar jacket. this will be my first season with it. its a leather/mesh combo with a removeable liner. so far i like it, havent worn it in boiling temps yet, but it is better (hot temp wise) than my all leather A-stars jacket.

14 Ducati Monster 1200, termi's
07 VFR Anniversary Edition-SOLD
02 919-SOLD
01 CBR F4i-SOLD
02 CBR F4i-SOLD
92 Kawi EX 500-SOLD
post #7 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Princeps Prior

I have the Joe rocket phoenix 5.0 and it is freakin awesome. SOOO much air flow. I honestly can't see any other jacket doing too much better. It felt like I was almost not wearing a jacket. almost.

Highly recommended

Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

post #8 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Grumpy49

Scorpion Hat Trick

The Hat Trick is one of the jackets I have been looking at was concerned about the fit and wear I have been buying Scorpion Gear and find that is mainly runs small, gloves, helmets etc. was wondering if the jackets are the same way seems they go by european sizing. I have narrowed my selections to Scorpion and Pokerrun primarily wondering if I am overlooking any they may be better. Joe rocket is nice I do not like the collars.

post #9 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Princeps Prior

what's wrong with the collar?

post #10 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Grumpy49

There is no collar lol. I like something around my neck. Your from Boston what part? Originally from Saugus Mass.

post #11 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Princeps Prior

I'm just a tad north of that. I thought the collar seemed strange at first, but it is a very comphy jacket, but if you like the collar, this is not the jacket for you

post #12 of 15 Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

I have a black Joe Rocket Rasp jacket in large I might part with. It gets too cold at nights and I can only use it for a month or two comfortably. Probably only worn for 2-3 weeks, purchased in August of last year. The silver strips down the front are perforated panels you can expose by zipping off two strips that cover it. JoeRocket.com

I have a Speed and Strength HellnBack doing full duty and can go from 40s to 90s no problem.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #13 of 15 Old 05-26-2012, 06:26 PM
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acall

+1.

And they make it in tall if you need that kind of think. I'm 6'5" - 220 and the large tall is the best fitting jacket I've ever owned.

post #14 of 15 Old 05-26-2012, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Grumpy49

Scorpion Hat Trick

The more you guys talk about them the more it peaks my interest. I think I am really leaning towards this jacket. Have a 200 mile ride to go on in the morning in Colorado and unfortunatley looks like I'll be wearing the leather jacket I have which is far to hot and heavy for this time of year here. Now for the phantom or the black.

post #15 of 15 Old 05-27-2012, 02:46 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

They've got the blue in all sizes. ScorpionExo Hat Trick Jacket - $99.99 closeout special! In stock NOW! :: MSRP: $229.99

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode