Riding pants - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Riding pants

Question what kind of riding pants are guys wearing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Omnivore

I have few different options I use depending on time of year and where I will be riding. For around town and short Sunday I usually wear the Bohn body armor and a pair of Sliders kevlar cargo pants.

Bohn Body Armor

Sliders Kevlar 4.0 Cargo Motorcycle Riding Pants - Seasonal - Competition Accessories

For riding the twisties I wear a pair of Joe Rocket Blasters

Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 Leather Pants - RevZilla

I also have a pair of Fieldsheer Mercury pants for cooler/wet touring type riding.

Fieldsheer Mercury 2.0 Pants :: MotorcycleGear.com

I am happy with the comfort and fit of all of them. I have not had the misfortune of testing the protection capability of them yet.

post #3 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 AM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acall View Post
I have few different options I use depending on time of year and where I will be riding.
Nice ensemble, acall. How do you like the Bohn armor? Do you wear it with your riding pants or just the jeans?

post #4 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver duck View Post
Question what kind of riding pants are guys wearing?
75f and above I wear my Olympia Stealth textile/mesh onesie. It's easy-on easy-off, not the best armor but it's great for commuting.

75f and below I wear my aging REVIT! Dakar adventure touring pants. The Dakar is the most comfortable riding pant I've owned. The armor is good and venting is reasonable. If I'm on a trip I can push their temp range into the mid 80's.

What's your climate? What are you looking for?
post #5 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Omnivore

I actually really like the Bohn armor, it is more comfortable that I had expected it to be. I have found that it works best under pants that do not already have armor in them (like most leather riding pants). Once you have it on, the armor doesn't move around and I find it comfortable for all day rides. I did 300 miles last Sunday to the mountains and back and had no issues. Prior to the Bohn armor I was wearing motocross knee/shin guards. I like the Bohn much better.

I got the Bohn armor last fall, so I haven't really tried it out in the dead heat of the summer. I am thinking it might be a bit much for the 90+ temps and high humidity of an NC summer. Bohn does make a version that is mesh that looks like it might be better for summer, but I am hesitant to purchase that without seeing it first.

post #6 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Doing things the hard way

BMW City 2 pants. Not cheap... but kept me safe in a crash, are comfy and look good.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
post #7 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Princeps Prior

I'm a big fan of the joe rockets. affordable, good protection. I got the ballistics for cold weather and some sort of hybrid one, for warm weather

post #8 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

depending on the type of riding and weather. I generally using these three (all with CE armor) :

Alpinestars black label cargo - can be used as an overpant

Tecnic supervent for 100F days

and

AGV sport willow vented

[youtube]b8rfErhQC6w[/youtube]

post #9 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

I usually wear Draggin Jeans or Joe Rocket Jeans.

I've got those AGV Sport Willow pants for sale in size 34 if you're interested. https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...tml?highlight=

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #10 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Imaginifer

For long distances and local "spirited" rides it's my Aerostich one-piece Roadcrafter in Big Bird yellow with black ballistics. It's fully armored and with the vents open does well up to 90 degrees as long as you're on the move. I'll be sending it back soon for the new waterproof zipper installation. Yeah, it looks geeky, but that's not something that will cross your mind when you're asphalt surfing on your ass.

"Keep on 9-in"

post #11 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Cornicen

I wear Tourmaster Venture Air pants. They have full armor, and strong mesh panels in the shin/thigh areas. When its hot out I can even wear em with shorts. Nice and easy to drop when I stop for a burger, etc. everyone else is still steaming and I'm comfortable.

They have a both waterproof and insulated liners, and I've worn them in snowy conditions, and full on downpours going to Road America and they really hold up.

post #12 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Batman

Revit tornado pants here. Mesh for hot days, waterproof insulated for cooler days and rain. Love the interior zipper for quick on off, dont like the bottom cuff velcro. Good quality and silver is cooler in temp to boot.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #13 of 17 Old 06-20-2013, 08:27 PM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by velodesign View Post
Revit tornado pants here. Mesh for hot days, waterproof insulated for cooler days and rain. Love the interior zipper for quick on off, dont like the bottom cuff velcro. Good quality and silver is cooler in temp to boot.
I watched the video on the tornado jacket & pants. Very nice. REVIT's innovation the last few years is very impressive. I need the Defender pants to go with my jacket but they're too spendy for me right now.
post #14 of 17 Old 06-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Di"zx"en

I've got a collection of various pants...I love my Hein Gericke leather overpant w/full length zippers but lately my go to's have been my Tourmaster "Overpant". Armour in the knees and hips and a full lenth waist to ankle zipper.

That'll work........
post #15 of 17 Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 AM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetMan View Post
Yeah, it looks geeky, but that's not something that will cross your mind when you're asphalt surfing on your ass.
+1 !

When the squids say, "Hey ain't you hot in that?" I say, "Yes but sweat doesn't have to grow back." If they're really smart-assed about asking me if I'm hot I'll say, "Yes I am but you're not my type."

I've always heard the best piece of gear you could buy is the one you're wearing when you go asphalt surfing with. There's a lot of quality gear out there but one do-it-all piece will be hard to hind. Most of us need at least one summer and one winter set. Just decide your budget, the features you want, your climate needs, venting, thermal, waterproofing, etc. good armor and abrasion protection and try several on if you can - and buy what fits.
post #16 of 17 Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetMan View Post
For long distances and local "spirited" rides it's my Aerostich one-piece Roadcrafter in Big Bird yellow with black ballistics. It's fully armored and with the vents open does well up to 90 degrees as long as you're on the move. I'll be sending it back soon for the new waterproof zipper installation. Yeah, it looks geeky, but that's not something that will cross your mind when you're asphalt surfing on your ass.
Same here for those long rides only 2pc. I just feel more comfortable when jacket/pants are snug. As much as I like my other gear, it's a little annoying when armor moves around freely in the knee and elbow areas. Perforation does wonders on those hot days. Heck I even ride in those pants when doing mixed surface on my SuMo. They fit great into my MX boots and they take branch slapping great on those tight roads.

post #17 of 17 Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Phenix View Post
+1 !

When the squids say, "Hey ain't you hot in that?" I say, "Yes but sweat doesn't have to grow back." If they're really smart-assed about asking me if I'm hot I'll say, "Yes I am but you're not my type."
Totally stealing that one, I get asked that a couple of times a day when it's 90 + 85% humidity. But I'll have to change it to "yes I am, but I'm a bit old for you I think".

On the other hand, "who's yer Daddy, chica?"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode