revit stuff - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 03-24-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Batman

revit stuff

Since I'm looking for new riding pants and jacket, anyone here want to comment on revit? They seem to be one of the select few that offer garments in silver/white and not just black...but a tad bit more spendy...

I'm looking at the tornado jacket and pant in white (silver anthracite or whatever)

My wife doesn't like the look of white gear but want to hear your thoughts.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-25-2012, 12:02 AM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Anybody's white, silver or hi-viz shows dirt more but light colors are cooler in summer heat. My REV'IT! stuff is solid black and I wear it up to the low 80 degree range. In our sweltering Texas summers I wear a pewter gray/hi-viz Olympia stealth suit - much cooler. I have been wearing REV'IT! gear since 2006. Their quality IMHO has improved by leaps and bounds over the years and innovation is unparalleled. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AMAZING! I have had bad luck with their boots - otherwise I'd buy REV'IT! gear again. If you do a lot of rain riding, I'd shell out extra for the Gore-Tex stuff as their proprietary Hydratex liner material has its limits.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Batman

Thanks ken.

I've looked at Olympia stuff as well but can't get myself to pull the trigger. I'm not going for boy racer look but Olympia just seems too...retired for me.

Not that form should pass function but my wife already makes fun of my becoming salt and pepper hair and I'm barely touching 3 decades as it is...

post #4 of 8 Old 03-25-2012, 10:36 AM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by velodesign View Post
Thanks ken.

I've looked at Olympia stuff as well but can't get myself to pull the trigger. I'm not going for boy racer look but Olympia just seems too...retired for me.

Not that form should pass function but my wife already makes fun of my becoming salt and pepper hair and I'm barely touching 3 decades as it is...
Unfortunately you have to be built like "boy racer" to wear a lot of the sporty looking gear. It's good that REV'IT! has developed two distinct jacket "cuts" as well as long and short sizes in their lineup: the sexy stuff and the roomier "mature" cut for riders like me who have been around 5.4 decades.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-25-2012, 11:42 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

The Shadow loves his Olympia gear and his gear looks more Adventure touring than retired. I personaly love my Tourmaster gear. Right in the middle of the two looks you've commented on and alway at a great price. REV'IT has always seemed Boy Racer to me.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Tirone

I've used my light coloured REV'IT! Sand Jacket - RevZilla and REV'IT! Sand Pants - RevZilla in temperatures from +5 to +35 Centigrade by using either the included waterproof or insulative undergarment or both and only some t-shirt or light skiing undergarments underneath that. The ventilation is adjustable from none to large vents on the chest and slit vents on top of forearms, on the back and on the thighs. They also zip together either just at the back or all the way round. Highly recommended!

And my reasoning for choosing light colours is that, for dark colours, the amount of desirable extra heat absorbed in the winter is negligible compared to the amount of undesirable heat absorbed in the summer. The better visibility is just a bonus.

post #7 of 8 Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanK View Post
I've used my light coloured REV'IT! Sand Jacket - RevZilla and REV'IT! Sand Pants - RevZilla in temperatures from +5 to +35 Centigrade by using either the included waterproof or insulative undergarment or both and only some t-shirt or light skiing undergarments underneath that. The ventilation is adjustable from none to large vents on the chest and slit vents on top of forearms, on the back and on the thighs. They also zip together either just at the back or all the way round. Highly recommended!

And my reasoning for choosing light colours is that, for dark colours, the amount of desirable extra heat absorbed in the winter is negligible compared to the amount of undesirable heat absorbed in the summer. The better visibility is just a bonus.
Yep, Sand = GOOD! My Dakar pants are 5 years old with thousands of miles on 'em and holding up nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
REV'IT has always seemed Boy Racer to me.
My new BIG BOY jacket is on its way. REV'IT! Defender GTX Jacket Pants Review - YouTube

I'll write up a report when it comes in.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Batman

Thanks for the input everyone!. This April we'll see if the revit stuff makes it to my bin. I'll keep everyone posted I suppose :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode