Rev'it Airvolution gloves - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thumbs up Rev'it Airvolution gloves

In my quest for a summer glove that offers the best compromise between comfort and protection, I tried on dozens of different gloves, most from the big commodity brands that most bike shops stock. None were to my liking, so I went to my friendly local Italian bike shop, Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, NH. They stock some upscale brands like Rev'it, Dainese and Ducati (also made by Dainese, I'm told) I tried on all the summer-weight gloves they had and ended up purchasing the Rev'it Airvolution glove for $110. This is more than I've spent on all 3 other riding gloves combined, so this is a big investment but one in which I wasn't willing to skimp. I haven't tested their crash protection so I can't offer any first-hand review in that area, but they look like they'd hold up better than your average summer glove by a long shot! After 2 hours of riding some backroads, stop-and-go city driving and highway, I can say that my hands stayed sweat-free throughout. The perforated leather lets through just enough air to keep you cool enough. My hands were warm but not uncomfortably so. These gloves might not be best for south Florida summer riding, but for me they'll be a great compromise during my 70 mile summer commute. Honestly, around town I might just wear my Olympia gel gloves which are just half a step above wearing no gloves at all, but for any ride longer than 15 minutes I'll probably be rocking these gloves all summer long.

In short, these are a top quality, expensive glove that I can recommend if you're serious about protecting your hands.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Commercial Break anyone?

post #3 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Sorry Ripper, not sure what your post means, but in case there's any doubt, I'm not being paid to pimp this glove, or any other product....

post #4 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdntridr View Post
Sorry Ripper, not sure what your post means, but in case there's any doubt, I'm not being paid to pimp this glove, or any other product....
LOL... I'm sorry! I figured it was a bot? Are you a Bot???

post #5 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
LOL... I'm sorry! I figured it was a bot? Are you a Bot???
I'm sorry Ripper, I can't let you do that!

post #6 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Quote:

post #7 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

hmm swords vs nunchucks...A fearsome battle.

but now I'm just a

post #8 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Quote:
hmm swords vs nunchucks...A fearsome battle.

but now I'm just a
Can't think of a better way to start on a forum than a post whore! Unless your a real whore... then that would just be creepy.

post #9 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

well I do love the ladies...

post #10 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 05:35 PM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Hmmmm.......a manwhore that loves to play ninja. I gotta remember to party with you next Halloween.

I still rock my Veloce gloves most of the summer. Sometimes I throw on the Coretech Accelerators. They have already saved my hands once and are still good to go.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #11 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

dark, I love parties as long as it's not all dudes

I saw that the Veloce guy is on here and he has an awesome product, but I'm really tough to fit for gloves (wide palms and short fingers) so I can't buy them site unseen...

post #12 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 07:01 PM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

Mandatory 3:1 women to men ratio. There are many logical reasons for this all of which escape me right now (Hi Kristen).

Somebody here should be good with giving you a best guesstimate on which size would better fit you. Don't ask this guy though. I've had my wedding ring re sized about 3 times now.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #13 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
dark, I love parties as long as it's not all dudes

I saw that the Veloce guy is on here and he has an awesome product, but I'm really tough to fit for gloves (wide palms and short fingers) so I can't buy them site unseen...
LOL! Veloce Guy... I don't think I have been called that before. Rev' It is actually one of the newer brands on the market that I respect. They offer pretty refined products with a keen attention to detail. I also know where their stuff is made(outsourced).

post #14 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:

+1 on the obscure HAL quote

post #15 of 35 Old 04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila-RC51 View Post
LOL! Veloce Guy... I don't think I have been called that before. Rev' It is actually one of the newer brands on the market that I respect. They offer pretty refined products with a keen attention to detail. I also know where their stuff is made(outsourced).
the Rev' it gloves look good, but ill stick with my "Veloce Guys" gloves

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #16 of 35 Old 04-29-2009, 04:05 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

TVG will hook you up

post #17 of 35 Old 04-29-2009, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Aquila-RC51, sorry, I couldn't remember your name, no harm intended!

post #18 of 35 Old 04-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Just call him "Meat Puppet"

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #19 of 35 Old 04-29-2009, 06:59 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadogs View Post
Just call him "Meat Puppet"
Oh yeah? Who's puppet?

Quote:
No worries... no offense taken. Thought it was kinda funny....

post #20 of 35 Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

glad to see folks here have a sense of humor

post #21 of 35 Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM
todd442

you gotta try the gloves on. everybodys hands are so different. i got a 30 dollar set that fit better than the 115 dollar set on the next rack; its kinda like the helmet. wouldnt think of buying without trying it on

post #22 of 35 Old 04-30-2009, 04:17 AM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd442 View Post
you gotta try the gloves on. everybodys hands are so different. i got a 30 dollar set that fit better than the 115 dollar set on the next rack; its kinda like the helmet. wouldnt think of buying without trying it on
I do the same thing with condoms! The security guard at wal-mart didn't quite understand my reasoning on this and the hot soccer mom actually pressed charges.

post #23 of 35 Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 AM
new 919 pilot

mdntridr,
thanks for the review. I am also looking for a better glove to replace the Olympia gel gloves I persuaded the dealer to give to me free cause I was buying the bike from them. They're comfortable as you said but I don't think they'll hold up well on a serious slide plus the velcro straps are pulling fine strings out of the finger material area and its looking crazy. Do those gloves have gel and if not did they have padding that felt sufficient? The only gloves I see at the dealer are Icon, Olympia, Tourmaster, Alpinestar, Fox, and Joe Rocket brands.

post #24 of 35 Old 04-30-2009, 07:38 AM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I do the same thing with condoms! The security guard at wal-mart didn't quite understand my reasoning on this and the hot soccer mom actually pressed charges of inadequate filling of the condom.
Fixed

post #25 of 35 Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentax View Post
mdntridr,
thanks for the review. I am also looking for a better glove to replace the Olympia gel gloves I persuaded the dealer to give to me free cause I was buying the bike from them. They're comfortable as you said but I don't think they'll hold up well on a serious slide plus the velcro straps are pulling fine strings out of the finger material area and its looking crazy. Do those gloves have gel and if not did they have padding that felt sufficient? The only gloves I see at the dealer are Icon, Olympia, Tourmaster, Alpinestar, Fox, and Joe Rocket brands.
They are not padded for comfort in the way that the Olympia gloves are. So no vibration-reducing magic stuff in them at all. I've done maybe 200 miles of mixed riding with them on and they're quite comfy, just not quite as plush as the Olympia gel gloves.

post #26 of 35 Old 01-24-2010, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Had a full summer with these gloves and they are exactly what I expected from a perforated, armored glove: cool enough in the hottest weather while above parking lot speeds. When stopped they are hot and sweaty. If I lost this pair I would definitely buy another pair.

Greg

post #27 of 35 Old 01-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Di"zx"en

Quote:
I do the same thing with condoms! The security guard at wal-mart didn't quite understand my reasoning on this and the hot soccer mom actually pressed charges of inadequate filling of the condom.
She doesnt have a leg to stand on if you were using the new Vanson "Perfed for her Pleasure" model.....

That'll work........
post #28 of 35 Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Di"zx"en

From a glove pimp post to condoms.....Only here.

That'll work........
post #29 of 35 Old 01-24-2010, 06:04 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Back to the Veloce guy. Am I the only one who think they need to change a font and bump up the contrast on the website. It looks to busy and blurry, IMHO

HOME

post #30 of 35 Old 01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 

Not a big fan of their website... But, the gear looks impressive and the reviews sound pretty good. Anyone have their gloves? I'm looking for a pair of gauntlet gloves that won't roast your hands in 70-90 degree weather. Any suggestions?

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #31 of 35 Old 01-27-2010, 09:55 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
Back to the Veloce guy. Am I the only one who think they need to change a font and bump up the contrast on the website. It looks to busy and blurry, IMHO

HOME
The site is under going a review and re-build. The fancy fonts are on their way out Also, the Atrum part is being rebuilt. You guys should have seen the very first site - Oy Ve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughnessy View Post
Not a big fan of their website... But, the gear looks impressive and the reviews sound pretty good. Anyone have their gloves? I'm looking for a pair of gauntlet gloves that won't roast your hands in 70-90 degree weather. Any suggestions?
Thanks - we try on our gear. There are a lot of choice out there for gloves, you do have to be prudent with your selection though. Some will tell you to pick a glove based on what it will do for you with less consideration to "just" the comfort value. That said, most gloves these days are vented, perforated and some are made in shortie form too.

post #32 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 AM
919>food>beer

Quote:
I wear the centurions every day of the summer in 110-120 degree weather of the south west with no problems, but I may just be crazy...

post #33 of 35 Old 01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
I wear the centurions every day of the summer in 110-120 degree weather of the south west with no problems, but I may just be crazy...
Ya... you iz a crazee you is

post #34 of 35 Old 01-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 

Quote:
The site is under going a review and re-build. The fancy fonts are on their way out Also, the Atrum part is being rebuilt. You guys should have seen the very first site - Oy Ve!

Thanks - we try on our gear. There are a lot of choice out there for gloves, you do have to be prudent with your selection though. Some will tell you to pick a glove based on what it will do for you with less consideration to "just" the comfort value. That said, most gloves these days are vented, perforated and some are made in shortie form too.
Wait so you are part of the Veloce company? How did I miss that... I am in Indianapolis and the only dealer in town that carries gear is Ducati... I am not interested in Ducati branded Dainese so I order everything online. I'm just asking if the gloves are decent to wear in heat as my current gauntlet Technic gloves have no vents and are great for cold riding but murder for the heat. I prefer to have a gauntlet style glove (track days require them) but need to let my hands breath a bit. Which glove has the best breath ability?

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #35 of 35 Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Wait so you are part of the Veloce company? How did I miss that... I am in Indianapolis and the only dealer in town that carries gear is Ducati... I am not interested in Ducati branded Dainese so I order everything online. I'm just asking if the gloves are decent to wear in heat as my current gauntlet Technic gloves have no vents and are great for cold riding but murder for the heat. I prefer to have a gauntlet style glove (track days require them) but need to let my hands breath a bit. Which glove has the best breath ability?
If that's the case, go with the the new Primus Race Gloves. They have full Winged Gauntlet, and also vents on and in between the fingers. They will also work well for Track and Street duty.

And again, bear with us on the website, we are working on it day and night and hope to come up with a new and better site soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode