Pants - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Pants

...So, I'm at my local Honda shop (oops, its a PowerSports shop these days...) trying on some riding pants. After reading up on posts from respected WTN members, and shopping around on the net, I thought I'd try on the FieldSheer 4-season pants...

I HATED how they fit me! really baggy in the thigh & front hip area, but very tight in the waist at the same time....Weird! and I'm not even shaped funny or anything! However, in the spirit of fairness, I convinced the gear guy to let me take a quick spin in the pants.....Here's my real issue...they are VERY SLIPPERY in the seat! I was sliding around like I was buttered up going like hell down a slip-n-slide!

I can see this as a potential benefit if I was sliding friction-free on the asphalt after taking a spill, but damn!

Is this a feature or a flaw? Am I doomed to ride forever in blue jeans, or will I need to save up for some decent leathers? maybe I need to adjust my expectations? Am I the only poor soul having this issue?

Thanks for reading this far...rant complete!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

lol... i have a pair of joe rocket ballistic pants that feel a little unusual...I guess maybe it's just the concept of another pair of pants that is unusual to get used to? after a while, i just got used to it...but maybe it was my huge knee and shin guards that made it weird...

30,000 mile 919 survivor. No plans of stopping the abuse any time soon.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-15-2009, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

My real problem is the slithery feeling and the fact that I keep sliding into the gas tank...Cant stay in the right spot, and cant grip the sides of the tank either. maybe a custom seat would fix the errm...positioning problem...but i think a suede patch (or something kinda grippy) on the butt and inner thighs might be good. I can't get no traction, man!

in other news, my nifty new dual compound michelin roads are quite nice in the traction department!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"

post #4 of 6 Old 03-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

i have a pair of joe rocket ballistics 3.0 i beleive little snug going on but fit good after that. my old jacket used to get zipperd to them and was great. new honda one has no zipper and rides up ever since the Renthal ULs but the pants really stick to the corbin seat, even after i cleaned it.
i also have a pair of joe rocket pheniox pants (the mesh ones) great for 100+ degrees from living in florida. only wore than a few times nice pading good grip little cold up here to wear them. like wearing jeans exept for the pads.

post #5 of 6 Old 03-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

I think he's tryin to say he is banging the boys on the tank

post #6 of 6 Old 03-15-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

lol...here is a good shot of me having that problem...it's right at the end, and i guess we'll have to edit the audio...but there are a few shots of the niner stuntin it up and defying gravity when i got home, i realized there was a nice dent there...doh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfxpdWqciIw

30,000 mile 919 survivor. No plans of stopping the abuse any time soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode