Need help finding wide riding boots!! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Need help finding wide riding boots!!

I'm in the market for some riding boots! But I have wide feet (10 EEEE). My current boots now are by WarriorWear, those are comfortable for walking and being on the feet all day, but they don't offer much protection.

I'm looking for a set of boots that are either 2E or 4E or just ones that simply runs wide. Preferably with good ventilation, but that's less important than fit. I ran a search and saw RobTharalson's post from 07 but all those boots are outdated or hard to come by.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Le So Cal Troll

no suggestions on boots, but have you gotten ur feet measured? i ust to think i wore a size 12 2e... turns out my foot is a size 10.5 normal width, shoes fit much better now.

post #3 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:46 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

post #4 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
no suggestions on boots, but have you gotten ur feet measured? i ust to think i wore a size 12 2e... turns out my foot is a size 10.5 normal width, shoes fit much better now.
Yup, running shop got me at between a 2E and 4E. I never even knew there were wider shoes until I started running.

Zaq, how's the fit on those. Do they run wide? I was looking at those at one of the online retailers and seem to fit the bill well.

I ought to just dish out the extra bucks and go to one of the local shops so I can try a few on, but I find them always charging a pretty penny for everything.

post #5 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
Yup, running shop got me at between a 2E and 4E. I never even knew there were wider shoes until I started running.

Zaq, how's the fit on those. Do they run wide? I was looking at those at one of the online retailers and seem to fit the bill well.

I ought to just dish out the extra bucks and go to one of the local shops so I can try a few on, but I find them always charging a pretty penny for everything.
I am wide and they fit great. Go to Thor website, find retailer near you, go there and try them on. If they fit good, ask them to match internet price of a website of your choice. If they won't, go home and order them online. This way you give your local business a chance and make sure boots fit before you spend your cash

post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Local shop not too far from the house has the 50/50s in. Appreciate the suggestion, if anyone else has a boot in mind feel free to input.

post #7 of 7 Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Well.... after having the 50/50 boots for a little over a month and a half, 2 buckles have snapped off. I'm not sure who thought of putting metal buckles on flimsy plastic to secure the boots, but I guess this is a common thing with these boots. (1st review on site)
Thor Motocross 50/50 Boots - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

I contacted customer service and quickly processed a return for the item (60-day no BS return policy, except on tires). This is the 2nd time they've helped with an issue and it's always been professional and smooth each time. I can only say good things about this site!

Placed the order for these:
REV'IT! Air Blend Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Their free shipping gets here overnight or in 2 days (from Oregon).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode