Mesh gear - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 01-11-2014, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

Mesh gear

Hey guys. Now that I'm in Phoenix, I need to start keeping my eyes peeled for quality mesh pants/jacket. Anyone in the southern states have any recommendations? I'm looking for something that will move air through very easily while providing CE armor protection.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Le So Cal Troll

been running fieldsheer pants n jacket for a couple of years and they have held up well, the pants just ripped in the crotch... gives me an excuse to go for leathers with pucks as textile / mesh pants dont do well for knee down stuff haha.

post #3 of 15 Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Princeps Prior

I love my joe rocket Pheonix 5.0 (Common dude....it's even got the same name).

For pants I run the alter ego. some mesh, some textile. Or i run draggin jeans and external knee pads.

I also use the tryonic see + back protector. Offers great protection while not feeling bulky. It breathes well for a back protector. And is very flexible and comfortable. including bending forwards or back. very important for people with high arch backs.

post #4 of 15 Old 01-11-2014, 10:15 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

PV, do some research, if I can find the document I'll share it but in anything over 85* to 90* or so mesh is counter productive, it will raise your core temp.

post #5 of 15 Old 01-12-2014, 02:08 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I run a Scorpion Hat Trick jacket which is a mesh outer and two removable liners. I love it. I can't speak for the Gen2 version but imagine it is good as well. I also have the EXO pants that are mesh. Very good as well. Both are waterproof, wind proof and warm in cold weather. By far the best gear I've owned.

Spoiler:

post #6 of 15 Old 01-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Milites Gregarius

I wear my Coretech mesh jacket even in the hottest weather here in SoCal.

The mesh shades my skin and reduces dehydration.

Better then just a t-shirt.

post #7 of 15 Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Omnivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
I run a Scorpion Hat Trick jacket which is a mesh outer and two removable liners. I love it. I can't speak for the Gen2 version but imagine it is good as well. I also have the EXO pants that are mesh. Very good as well. Both are waterproof, wind proof and warm in cold weather. By far the best gear I've owned.
I'll second the Scorpion Hat Trick. I wear it all summer here in NC and it is super comfortable and quality made. The British Motorcycle Gear Zodiac jacket looks interesting to me as well. I have the Discovery jacket for winter and absolutely love it... the quality of the zodiac should be the same.

Classic Motorcycle Jacket | British Motorcycle Gear

post #8 of 15 Old 01-12-2014, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming.

I don't need the mesh gear to pull double duty. I have plenty of cold/rain gear lol. I now need mesh gear that I can wear over my "office" clothes when I commute for my internship.

post #9 of 15 Old 01-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

I really like my Revit Tornado jacket and pants. During the summer I wore it over work clothes and everything held up well. Plenty of airflow and includes sastec armor in the elbows and shoulders. I had to buy a separate back protector though. It also comes with a cold/rain liner which kept me warm and dry as I rode up to the top of Mt Washington through the clouds on a 45 deg day.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919

49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
post #10 of 15 Old 01-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Tirone

You can try to rock one of these jackets. Mens Motorcycle Jackets - Biker Jacket Galore

I have the meth jacket, it actually holds up quite well. Mesh IMO is only good for summer time, it allows for good air flow.

post #11 of 15 Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Who, me?

I bought a cycle gear bilt mesh jacket a few years ago, must have been cut to fit an alien. Piece o crap. Sent it back and got a fieldsheer mesh that I really like. Couldn't even begin to tell you what model, it's a few years old and was a dicing inured model. So I guess I'm no help what so ever.

Contact me for AMSOIL products!

www.rmbsynthetics.com

If it ain't broke, keep fixing it 'till it is...
post #12 of 15 Old 01-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko2 View Post
I bought a cycle gear bilt mesh jacket a few years ago, must have been cut to fit an alien. Piece o crap. Sent it back and got a fieldsheer mesh that I really like. Couldn't even begin to tell you what model, it's a few years old and was a dicing inured model. So I guess I'm no help what so ever.
I wish CycleGear would not focus so much on the Bilt brand.

Got a pair of Bilt mesh gloves and they HURT so bad, I had to return them. They are clearly cheaply made. I've worn XL gloves in a few brands and never had such a crappy pair.

The only good thing I've seen from Bilt is the price.

OP, I've use Joe Rocket and Icon, both work great. The Icon doesn't have pocket, but still works great.

post #13 of 15 Old 02-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Robert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphLong View Post
I wear my Coretech mesh jacket even in the hottest weather here in SoCal.

The mesh shades my skin and reduces dehydration.

Better then just a t-shirt.
I'll 2nd the Cortech mesh. It's great in the Florida heat and mine came with two liners, one for rain and a quilted one if it gets cold. Comes with back, shoulder and elbow pads. Very good jacket.

Robert

2002 Honda 919
2003 Honda CRF450R
post #14 of 15 Old 02-08-2014, 01:10 PM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
I wish CycleGear would not focus so much on the Bilt brand.

Got a pair of Bilt mesh gloves and they HURT so bad, I had to return them. They are clearly cheaply made. I've worn XL gloves in a few brands and never had such a crappy pair.

The only good thing I've seen from Bilt is the price.

OP, I've use Joe Rocket and Icon, both work great. The Icon doesn't have pocket, but still works great.
I haven't seen anything "Bilt" that I would actually trust with my skin. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Here's my summer gloves - super comfort and beefy too.

REV'IT Dirt 2 Gloves - RevZilla

Mine are 4 years old and going strong.

post #15 of 15 Old 02-08-2014, 01:20 PM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
I really like my Revit Tornado jacket and pants. During the summer I wore it over work clothes and everything held up well. Plenty of airflow and includes sastec armor in the elbows and shoulders. I had to buy a separate back protector though. It also comes with a cold/rain liner which kept me warm and dry as I rode up to the top of Mt Washington through the clouds on a 45 deg day.

ReV'it! is good gear. Sas-Tec is good armor. I also prefer the added strength of textile gear with mesh panels as opposed to all-mesh designs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode