Icon Mainframe - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Icon Mainframe

I decided I wanted to get a new lid, and was all set on getting another Arai. I basicly just wanted to find a flat black helmet, to go with my Asphalt black 919. I have a Arai Signet helmet which I love, but it's shiny red and I was really just needing an excuse to buy a new one.

When I got to the dealer, they didn't have any flat black Arai helmets, but I notice the Icon Mainframe, and I liked its asphalt black color, and its fit and looks. The thing is, I'm kinda old school, and like to stick to old trusted names. I have noticed Icon being around for at least a little while, and it was a hard decision to stray from Arai. But I bought the Icon, and after using it for a few days now, in the Houston heat, I am really impressed with how well this lid ventilates! Another thing I especially noticed is that when I have the visor fully open, I do not feel any wind hitting my eyes directly. I could almost feel the wind coming in and over and around my head, but I don't have to squint at all because there's no wind in my eyes! They must have designed it this way. My Arai's almost 10 years old, so for all I know, most new helmets nowadays are just as well designed. But nevertheless, I am impressed with this lid.

Anyone have any impressions, or have any knowledge good or bad, about Icon Helmets?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-10-2006, 05:02 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

When you roll up some more miles with that helmet we would like to hear additional comments both + and -. Icon appears to be making some nice gear these days. How does the size compare to your old Arai?

post #3 of 4 Old 06-10-2006, 07:48 PM
919 City Pilot

I have a Icon mainframe as well, been running it almost 3 years now.
It does have great airflow. A plus since its over 100 on the way home this time of year. I did have to go to a smaller cheek insert. Bad news on that is the clips dont all attach. A few minor dings and chiped paint and its still a good lid.
Another small issue I found the fabric bugs my skin, but maybe thats a personal issue with me.

A new one this fall thats for sure.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2006, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
INFIDEL

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m51142
When you roll up some more miles with that helmet we would like to hear additional comments both + and -. Icon appears to be making some nice gear these days. How does the size compare to your old Arai?
Will do. My Arais have been Mediums, although a bit more snug than usual; however, large Arais were too loose. The Icons seem to run there helmets on the small side. I could not even get my head into a Medium Icon, but the Large fits perfect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode