HJC Sy-Max II - a small review - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

HJC Sy-Max II - a small review

hey guys,

as you may or may not know my dad also got a 919 after seeing mine and his is the 2007 red. looking for a helmet we decided on this one:

we bought it in the wine color:

it matches the paint exactly! =]

so far the comments i have are:
  • very tight cheek pads - if they don't break in over time (they should give a bit) i might have to order thinner ones for him
  • thick liner - this seems too thick compared to my arai and schuberth but my gf's kbc but it isn't a problem. just surprisingly thick.
  • price was great 260 from cycle gear
  • only con is the modular aspect of it but that is up to the wearer's discretion
  • this flip down sun visor has a very different mechanism than my Schuberth - i like the schub's better but the sun shield works just fine on the hjc

overall i give this helmet a very good rating and would rec it to someone looking for the flip down sun visor that my schuberth has

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Next year I'm going to need a new lid. I'm torn between the Scorpion EX1000 and a flip up. How is the weight of this HJC compared to others you are familiar with?

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-08-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

honestly when i had the helmet on i didn't notice it being any heavier than the helmets that i own/have used

so it may be heavier because of the hinge mechanism but it felt fine on my noggin... if you'd like i'll find a scale and throw the arai rx7, the schuberth r1, and this hjc sy-max on it - altho more accurate numbers i'm sure can be had on the official manufac sites or webbikeworld.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode