Good deal on a helmet cam..... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 12-19-2011, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Good deal on a helmet cam.....

Amazon has this killer deal that I could not pass up for the price, might be something for you if anyone is looking for one. I've been eyeing these for a while. I'm glad I held off for a little bit. 89.99
Amazon.com: Save $100 on the ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder don't forget to use the code 89ROAM89

Cheers
Ron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Discen

Thanks. Now I got something else under the tree for me.

post #3 of 7 Old 01-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Trackday Junkie

I got one, great deal! Thanks for the post on it. I especially like the new door design, very secure.

post #4 of 7 Old 01-31-2012, 02:38 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I picked up a pair with the intent of using them to document my work (so in case I forgot to write something down, I would be able to watch the video and get the info I needed.) Unfortunately, my contractor lost the contract and I was laid off. Since then, it's been a nice addition to my riding getup. I really like that it has the 1/4"x20 threads in the bottom so that if I choose to use a standard camera mount somewhere down the line I can do it without having to fab/purchase an adapter. So far I've only used one proprietary mount on my helmet, and one of their 'roll bar' mounts on my stanchion tube. My only complaint (and its not the cameras fault) is the vibration of the CR250 at idle, when mounted to the stanchion, makes the video wavy. I've also had the lense covered in mud when I mounted it low on the fork. Still trying to come up with a way to use that area to mount the camera and not have vibration issues, as well as fling. So far the local retailer that stocks contour has yet to get a case to stuff the camera into. I know its waterproof up to a meter by itself, but without replacement lenses available I would like to be able to protect it somehows.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #5 of 7 Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Trackday Junkie

gopro camera mount contour

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsalad View Post
I picked up a pair with the intent of using them to document my work (so in case I forgot to write something down, I would be able to watch the video and get the info I needed.) Unfortunately, my contractor lost the contract and I was laid off. Since then, it's been a nice addition to my riding getup. I really like that it has the 1/4"x20 threads in the bottom so that if I choose to use a standard camera mount somewhere down the line I can do it without having to fab/purchase an adapter. So far I've only used one proprietary mount on my helmet, and one of their 'roll bar' mounts on my stanchion tube. My only complaint (and its not the cameras fault) is the vibration of the CR250 at idle, when mounted to the stanchion, makes the video wavy. I've also had the lense covered in mud when I mounted it low on the fork. Still trying to come up with a way to use that area to mount the camera and not have vibration issues, as well as fling. So far the local retailer that stocks contour has yet to get a case to stuff the camera into. I know its waterproof up to a meter by itself, but without replacement lenses available I would like to be able to protect it somehows.
All cameras have vibration issues on bikes but you should check out the www.motodracing.com camera mount, you can mount a Contour on it and they even have a custom iphone mount. It is very secure and the lens is protected behind the screen.

Here's the video and pic off their website.....

MOTO-D MOTORCYCLE GOPRO MOUNT - YouTube

post #6 of 7 Old 02-03-2012, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

fustyd, that's a nice set up you have here.

Cheers
Ron

post #7 of 7 Old 02-03-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsalad View Post
So far the local retailer that stocks contour has yet to get a case to stuff the camera into. I know its waterproof up to a meter by itself, but without replacement lenses available I would like to be able to protect it somehows.
Here you go my friend

Contour | Products | Replacement Lens Kit
and
Contour | Products | Carrying Case
also for better water prtection
Contour | Products | Contour+ Waterproof Case

I hope these helps

Cheers
Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode