Glove suggestiions. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 25 Old 05-22-2011, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Immune

Glove suggestiions.

I'm looking for a gauntlet style glove that I can use for everyday use and some track use also. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 AM
919 aka Hornet 900

I just bought a pair of http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D...6317CE25F4E166

So far they feel alright

post #3 of 25 Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Tom
Immune

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocomomark View Post
I'm looking for a gauntlet style glove that I can use for everyday use and some track use also. Anyone have any suggestions?
Here is a large archive of gloves and glove reviews:

Motorcycle Gloves - webBikeWorld

Buried within the above archive is mention of a retailer named Racer Supply: their gloves are very inexpensive and get good reviews. Here is the link:

Apparel - Street/Track Gloves

post #4 of 25 Old 05-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

I recently bought these.

Shift Racing Bullet Gloves - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

I bought in XL since Shift runs small in gloves. Quality seems to be excellent so far. I also wanted leather gauntlets with knuckles and these really fit the bill.

The Bullet has been discontinued but the Vertex replaced it I think.

Shift Racing Vertex Gloves - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #5 of 25 Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Immune

Thanks Tom.

I went ahead and bought the Racers Supply RSC1's. I figured if I was going to be mail ordering they seemed as good a bet as any. I'm happy with them, and they seem to be decent enough.

post #6 of 25 Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Mud Dauber

Long Fingers?

Nice info and links guys. I am in the market for gloves as well. I am on my third mail order set that does not fit. I started with XL gloves and am now trying a SIdi set in 3X. The issue is my fingers and palm are too long. I find it hard to believe that no one else has this problem. Does anyone know of a brand or style of glove that runs long in the palm and fingers? (Held is supposed to be long in the fingers; the 2x were not) Any help would be nice. The 3X might help but I am afraid that they will be too roomy inside. Cheers

"Never give up, Never surrender"
post #7 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Seņor Calamares

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudajim929 View Post
Nice info and links guys. I am in the market for gloves as well. I am on my third mail order set that does not fit. I started with XL gloves and am now trying a SIdi set in 3X. The issue is my fingers and palm are too long. I find it hard to believe that no one else has this problem. Does anyone know of a brand or style of glove that runs long in the palm and fingers? (Held is supposed to be long in the fingers; the 2x were not) Any help would be nice. The 3X might help but I am afraid that they will be too roomy inside. Cheers
If you have long fingers and narrow palms, get Alpinestars.

post #8 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 12:28 PM
MSF blacksheep

I personally like the knox handroids for gauntlets.
I ride short gloves daily though. I have 2 pairs of icon overlord shorts now. Last year i had alpinestars gpx's

post #9 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 02:08 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Think I am going to pick up a pair of these. 4.8 out of 5 on 75 reviews seems very good to me. I will keep my smaller well ventalated gloves with me if the temps get above 90.

Cortech Adrenaline Gloves - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #10 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
...is a Nihonjin.

My Teknic Xcelerator should be in today - it replaces my old Teknic carbon-knuckled version from 2005, lol. Finally got a hole in it.
My buddy's A* SP1 has lasted about a year, fyi.

These are all gauntlet - I'm sure you know that you can't run anything but on the track.

post #11 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Seņor Calamares

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
Think I am going to pick up a pair of these. 4.8 out of 5 on 75 reviews seems very good to me. I will keep my smaller well ventalated gloves with me if the temps get above 90.

Cortech Adrenaline Gloves - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
+1 I was looking at those too. check em out on newenough Cortech by Tour Master Adrenaline Gloves :: MotorcycleGear.com

post #12 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 02:15 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Buying them now at that price!!!! Thanks App!

post #13 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by applespeed View Post
If you have long fingers and narrow palms, get Alpinestars.
Every pair of gloves I've purchased over the past 25+ years has been size 10 / L, and they always fit perfectly. I just went to the dealer to look for some new street gloves and NONE of the new Alpinestars gloves fit correctly. I had to try XL and even then the pinky finger in most of their models felt too short.
Those Shift Vertex look pretty nice - I may give them a closer look.

post #14 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Seņor Calamares

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoney View Post
Every pair of gloves I've purchased over the past 25+ years has been size 10 / L, and they always fit perfectly. I just went to the dealer to look for some new street gloves and NONE of the new Alpinestars gloves fit correctly. I had to try XL and even then the pinky finger in most of their models felt too short.
Those Shift Vertex look pretty nice - I may give them a closer look.
was it only the pinky finger that was too short?

post #15 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 03:14 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Yeah, only the pinky fingers felt short, and it took size XL to fit my hand. Pretty crazy. Every other brand glove I tried size L felt fine. A year or two back I ordered AStars wet/cold weather gloves, jacket, and pants (all size L), and everything was too small and had to be exchanged for XL. Maybe everything AStars makes runs small.

post #16 of 25 Old 06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Seņor Calamares

I never did fit well in Alpinestars anything. I like the look, but they were never comfortable for me. I heard they're made for tall, skinny, Italians...

post #17 of 25 Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Milites Gregarius

lol i like a star gloves my self and i use the xl, i have some sp 1's that were new last year good protection, my favorites where moto gp nitrous with the kangaroo palm ohh those where nice, but i have also used teknic aswell which worked great aswell

post #18 of 25 Old 06-27-2011, 02:24 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by applespeed View Post
+1 I was looking at those too. check em out on newenough Cortech by Tour Master Adrenaline Gloves :: MotorcycleGear.com
Okay just got these in from UPS today. WOW on the build quality!!! Tourmaster never seems to disappoint when it comes to that department. The leather is already very soft and form fitting. The stitching seems to be bang on but of course time will tell on that. In between the index finger and thumb there is a nice piece of griping material. Hard plastic covers each of the tip and base of each finger and a solid piece of hard plastic covers the knuckles. There are four vent openings on the knuckles as well. There is one small strap that tightens the glove around the wrist and then two bigger straps that tighten the base of the gauntlet around your jacket or leather suit. On the outside edge of the gauntlet there is a big piece of soft plastic that should absorb a crash nicely. There are also two sections on the palm of gel padding. There is a small bit of gel at the base of the thumb and a larger bit of gel at the base of the Pinky and Ring fingers. These seem to be in the right position for semi pressure points on the hands. From what I can tell there will be a break in period as the leather seems to be tight on the palm right now but within a week or two of steady riding it should stretch to a perfect fit. There is a fair amount of feel and dexterity in the gloves and should also improve with time. Great movement in the glove right out of the box. I will give a ride report tomorrow after work.

post #19 of 25 Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Seņor Calamares

...and pics of course

post #20 of 25 Old 06-27-2011, 08:25 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

okay here are some photos.

Bottom

Griping material

On and gauntlet opened

Bottom

Gel Padding

post #21 of 25 Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudajim929 View Post
Jim,
Check out Held Gloves, in some of their models they have long and short fingers versions. Great Gloves, I bought a used pair, and liked them so much I know have 3 pairs.

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #22 of 25 Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Omnivore

Those Cortech's look really nice! I'm curious to hear how they feel on the road, particularly the extra pads at the base of the thumb and the outside of the palm...do you think there will be a noticeable difference in your grip? I'm also curious about how well they are vented... summers in NC just seem to be getting warmer every year.

Thanks for posting up the photos!

post #23 of 25 Old 06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Four rides with them 30min each time.

Ride one 0515 temp was 53oF. First ride and the felt real nice. My average speed in around 60 for the first 20min of the ride. My finger got a bit chilly but other wise I was comfortable. The gloves seem to bunch up right at the base of the finger and the top of the Palm.

Ride two 1820 Temp was right around 90oF. Average speed on the first 10min was around 30mph. My hands and fingers were a little on the warm side but i was still comfortable. Second part of the ride average speed is back up to 60mph. Hands and finger still comfortable other than the bunching up around the base of the fingers.

Third ride 0705 temp was 62oF. Hands are perfect but still the gloves are bunching up.

Fourth ride 1737 temp was 82oF. Again my hand felt great. At the end of the ride the rain started. Of course being leather they kept my hands perfectly dry.

Overall for a long ride and my daily commute these seem to be great choice so far. Into the ride I forget about the glove bunching up so it ends up being fine. However, if I were to use this as a track day glove it simply would not do. I know it would bother me. I don't notice the gloves venting as I do me textile gloves but I know they are as I stated that my hands stay nice and comfortable during a wide variety of temperatures.
I would recommend them but not for the Track.

post #24 of 25 Old 07-04-2011, 08:14 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Whatever happened to our own Veloce designs ?

post #25 of 25 Old 07-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Tirone

A couple more glove choices to consider.

This one seems basic, a nice simple design without that "racer" look. I have been happy with the quality of other Aerostich products I own.....

Aerostich Elkskin Gauntlet Gloves :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

A pair of gloves that contains no leather? Motoport claims these are the best gloves ever made. They might be worth a look.

http://www.motoport.com/_product_354...r_Racing_Glove

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode