Anyone have em?

How do you like em?

Where's the cheapest place to get them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-26-2010, 12:32 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Anyone have em?

How do you like em?

Where's the cheapest place to get them?
I bought some and returned them for a refund. No way could I sit on a motorcycle with that stiff padding, especially the tailbone pad, felt like my skinny ass was sitting on a rock. Also I'm tall and slender, bought a Large size according to their chart but they were quite loose and the armor didn't feel like it would stay in the right place.

As far as I know you have to buy direct from Bohn. Nice folks though, no issues with returning the pants.

post #3 of 7 Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
I bought some and returned them for a refund. No way could I sit on a motorcycle with that stiff padding, especially the tailbone pad, felt like my skinny ass was sitting on a rock. Also I'm tall and slender, bought a Large size according to their chart but they were quite loose and the armor didn't feel like it would stay in the right place.

As far as I know you have to buy direct from Bohn. Nice folks though, no issues with returning the pants.
Same thing with me, Most uncomfortable piece of gear I've ever worn. Sold them three days after I got them. I'm sure they'd offer good protection if you could stand to wear them. A real suit of armour would probably be more comfortable though.

Steve

post #4 of 7 Old 01-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Di"zx"en

I looked at them but when doing the research, came up with the same as being expressed here. I went with the EVS under armor shorts. I dont remember their exact model name but very similar to the Bohns without the huge bulk. I wear them under my MX pants and leather riding pants. They have held up way beyond my expectations. This will be season # 5 with them.

That'll work........
post #5 of 7 Old 01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Tirone

I followed Bohns sizing advice and got a good fit. Agree about the tailbone pad being uncomfortable, but it removes easily. The armor stays perfectly in place. It fits great under my draggin jeans. I use it mainly in warm weather with wicking underwear and the stretchy fabric of the bohn underarmor keeps the boys comfortably under controll. It works great for me.

post #6 of 7 Old 01-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Milites Gregarius

6'3" 195. I've had mine for years and I wear them under jeans whenever jeans are called for on the street. In fact, if you look closely at my avatar you can see the outline of the thigh and knee pad while on a 9 hr ride from PDX to Boise. Wear them under dirt pants for trail and dirt riding, too. Gotta ask you what your riding position looks like if you're sitting on the tailbone pad!?! Never felt they were uncomfortable at all. The Lycra can get a bit "grabby" on the kneecap hairs when sweaty, but some baby powder usually fixes you right up. I think they're well made and I've lowsided in them in downtown Portland without any drama, too. To each his own.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 PM
McTavish

I've been eyeing the Forcefield Action Shorts Pro and Knox Multisport Armored Shorts.
Both are CE EN 1621-1 certified. They don't look as lumpy re the coccyx (tailbone) protection as the Bohn does. Has anyone got experience with the Forcefield or Knox ? I am looking for shorts style armor to wear under my leathers at track days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode