• 1 Post By Wolf
  • 1 Post By LDH

post #1 of 9 Old 06-05-2015, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Road Pilot

Garage
AVOID Nitek Helmets

Emailed Customer Support.

Hello Nitek,
First of all I love your helmets. My brother and I both have the P1's and use them daily. I am wanting to do some moto vlogging here in Dallas. This is after I started riding with a small group of Vloggers who record videos as a good source of income. Naturally you put go pro's on your helmets. I put a go pro sticky mount on my new P1 today and didn't like the location. When I tried to relocate it it tore a chunk of graphic off and exposed the under shell. I am in need of a replacement and am wondering if you could help with this defect.
Thank you for your time, James

I called soon after to speak with someone. They said in a very "it wasn't me" attitude that they didn't get enough complaints about this for it to be considered a defect. They were not going to help in the matter.

This company looks to be on it's way out. If you would like a quality helmet with satisfactory customer support Do NOT go with Nitek.

NITEK Ė HANDCRAFTED HELMETS | Home

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Pilus Posterior

I don't know if the helmet was at fault for not standing up to a 3rd party add on or if the 3rd party add on was at fault for damaging the helmet.

Have you considered that GoPro has to make their camera stick to something that was never designed for that?

I understand that many use the popular camera, but the helmet maker didn't make the helmet for the camera, instead, the camera was made to adapt to helmets.

My guess is that GoPro makes their camera stick very well so that they cover all the different surfaces for all the different helmets.

post #3 of 9 Old 06-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Princeps Prior

Never underestimate the power of 3M adhesive

post #4 of 9 Old 06-05-2015, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Road Pilot

Garage
I've had a lot of experience with GoPro 3M mounts on my Shoei X12 and my AGV K4. Added, removed, and relocated several times. If a Nitek can't hold up to one 3M removal, how do you think it'll fare in a crash?
Anonymous likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-05-2015, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Road Pilot

Garage
Not really worried about it. They retail for $499 and were used in Motogp... I thought I was getting a killer deal at $115. Nope, turns out the company is nearing the end. Turns out they can barely sell them at $200.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-05-2015, 10:11 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

What's your channel name? Mines, Arill0 love to see another 919 motovlogging!! The helmet did look pretty cool. Sorry it could standup to some 3M tape. You did apply some heat to it when you took it off, right?

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Tirone

should try Masei Helmet

post #8 of 9 Old 11-16-2015, 07:27 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Just because the paint didn't stand up to adhesion doesn't mean the helmet would be junk in a crash but it is an indicator.. never seen that happen before

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #9 of 9 Old 11-17-2015, 02:11 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Not really worried about it. They retail for $499 and were used in Motogp... I thought I was getting a killer deal at $115. Nope, turns out the company is nearing the end. Turns out they can barely sell them at $200.

All that means absolutely nothing other than you fell for a marketing gimmick. Happens all the time at top level racing and even at the national level. Various lower end companies trying to gain exposure will GIVE their shocks or helmets or wave rotors etc away to ANY team that is competing just so they can say "our products are used by such and such Pro Teams".

Almost ironically the high end companies like Brembo and Ohlins etc do not sponsor anyone so even Valentino Rossi has to pay for his Ohlins suspension. That being said a lot of companies do sponsor Pro riders with gear. Helmets, leathers, gloves, boots the works. I doubt any World Level rider has had to pay for any of those things in decades. Many top riders also own shares or are part owners of major apparel companies as well so they are promoting their own products.
mcromo44 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode