Arai Quantum/f - Wrist Twisters

Old 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Arai Quantum/f

Any comments on the Arai Quantum/f helmet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Discen

Can't say much about arai , but if you want the best venting system and features on a helmet look into a Bell Star ...Absolutely Love mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0v4II4PNXU

I'm not a spokesman for the company or anything , i just really love these helmets.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Batman

i have an 08 bell star (1st gen) love it, has seen a few thousand miles. It's comfy, safe, vents awesome, pretty light, but I don't love the graphics (it matched my cafefighter project...but doesn't match my 919 at all). I would LOVE that solid red with the white stripe one to match my 07 919, but $500 helmets should last awhile and only 1.5 seasons of riding with it...can't justify spending another $500 on one.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by velodesign View Post
i have an 08 bell star (1st gen) love it, has seen a few thousand miles. It's comfy, safe, vents awesome, pretty light, but I don't love the graphics (it matched my cafefighter project...but doesn't match my 919 at all). I would LOVE that solid red with the white stripe one to match my 07 919, but $500 helmets should last awhile and only 1.5 seasons of riding with it...can't justify spending another $500 on one.
You could always have your old helmet professionally painted to match your bike
race helmets custom painted, original and unique designs

but the 2010 model Stars are improved from the first generation models

Here you can see a good vid on it

YouTube - Bell Star Helmet Review from Sportbiketrackgear.com

Old 04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Meanwhile back to Arai Q.

I have two Arais. Stuff keeps falling off. Other stuff cracks for no appearant reason. The visors are a pita to change. Mine are both size large, and you'd swear the newer one, is a medium. I'm going to try a Shoei next.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikero View Post
Any comments on the Arai Quantum/f helmet?
I've had two. And, yes, the shield release is tricky until you learn how to use it. (The key is to release and/or reattach both sides simultaneously--Arai has a video on the technique; works like a charm once you learn it). But, after having tried Shoei, HJC, and others, I've come back to the Arai--quietest, best fitting, most comfortable of those mentioned. And, the optics of their shields is superior to the others (IMO, YMMV, etc....). Also, I like the continuous friction adjustment of the shield elevation v. the ratchet on the others--I can put the shield exactly where I want it. They're pricey, but there's no denying the quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 919&Hlmt.jpg (240.1 KB, 5 views)

Never try and teach a pig to sing: it's a waste of time, and it annoys the pig.

--Robert A. Heinlein

GL1500CD Valkyrie
Old 04-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Pilus Posterior

IMO there are too many people getting hung up on brand names. I've owned Arai and a assortment of different brands all with various features and degrees of quietness.

My last two helmets (just got a new one recently) have been HJC lids.

Why - they are a perfect fit to my head - Shoei, AGV and a number of other brands do not fit - mainly the chin pieces are too close to my face - I think they make them for very round heads!

I've a HJC FS-15 lid. Fully removable (washable and replaceable) lining, well vented (in fact it may be too well vented in the deep of winter!) quiet and fits perfectly.

But back to Arai - yes, very good helmets but boy do you pay for it.

Arais and Shoei lids start in NZ at around a grand and go up to double that, now to stir the pot more I've yet to see any documented proof that they will out preform a $500 HJC (or similar) lid in a accident. In fact a year or more ago there was a big blue with a new method of helmet testing that did not rate very well some of the big expensive name brand lids.
So I buy a helmet that passes all relevant safety standards and fits my individual head perfectly within my given budget at the time of purchase.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

Arai just fits me better than any other helmet. Different shaped heads require specific helmet designs. I agree on the shield change and price being the two biggest negatives. You have to look for the sales at the end of the season and over the winter. I just picked up an Arai Rx-7 Corsair for $225.00(Tommy Hayden).

Doc

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
Old 04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Milites Gregarius

I've owned every brand of helmet at one time or another and once I tried a Suomy, I never looked back. I've owned probably a dozen of em over the years and have two now and they are the nicest fitting, lightest and most comfortable helmets I've ever worn. Arais are a decent helmet but way over priced IMO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in