Arai Corsair V Jolly Roger edition.... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 03-14-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

Arai Corsair V Jolly Roger edition....

Ordered me a new helmet today! Finally I get another Arai for myself! 2010 Arai Corsair V..... I found some discontinued already models and ended up with the Jolly Roger version that is the Josh Hayes signature model! So I got a $900 helmet for $450!!!!! I have always loved Arai's like no other helmet, I think this will be my third one and I am so excited! They are pricey and you must love yourself to own one but I have never until now had their flagship model!! Good jobs rock!!!

Arai Corsair V Jolly Roger Helmet

The Corsair is Arai’s flagship model. An Arai helmet is not the product of compromise, of a "profit" point, or a board of directors. An Arai helmet is the product of obsession, an ongoing obsession to design and build the best helmets possible. This year Arai took the Corsair V Replica helmets to a new level. With several new features, you’ll see why the world’s best wear the Arai Corsair V Helmet.

Features:
Arai’s exclusive, adjustable new AirWing® is designed to greatly reduce drag, turbulence and buffeting resulting in more comfort and additional top-speed.
The new wider eyeport required a new, wider faceshield. Called the Series "I" faceshield, it is exclusive to the Corsair-V. The new shield fits even more flush against the shell than the previous Corsair’s.
Newly equipped with ‘’Air In Stabilizer’’, an additional air intake between the front and rear intake in the diffuser and large toggles. The Air-In ports help accelerate air out the back, increasing airflow without increasing the size of the holes in the shell.
The biggest difference between the newest generation of Arai’s Hyper-Ridge feature and its predecessors sticks right out at you: Whereas the previous ridge curved in, this one flares out. This results in a larger opening at the helmet’s bottom, making the helmet easier to get on and off.
Both cheek pads and the neck roll can be removed in seconds thanks to the advanced Emergency Release System. Rescue and medical workers can easily remove the newly designed removable neck roll and the cheek pads by just pulling the pad release tabs. This offers extra room within the helmet, making removal of the helmet much easier and minimizing the risk of additional injury.
The Corsair-V’s neckroll is now removable and replaceable, and adds an additional exhaust vent through its bottom via shallow channels in the EPS liner, adding yet another ventilation outlet for the removal of interior air.

Some people live and learn and some just live!
My blood runs Honda Red......
2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Milites Gregarius

Can you share with your wristtwister friends where you came across this deal? I too am in the market for a new Arai.

Thanks!

post #3 of 16 Old 03-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Congratulations, enjoy the new lid.
Competition accessories is blowing out older model Arai's if anyone is interested.
Closeout Full Face Helmets - Buy Discounted Helmets from Compacc.com

Dan

post #4 of 16 Old 03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

just so you know, I've never seen the Arai Corsair RX 7 sell for more than $500. They might call it a sale, but they are just selling them for what most people are willing to pay for one. not what i would call a blowout sale on that one.

post #5 of 16 Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

I actually found it on eBay at Flyin' Brian's store!

The best price I could find on a black frost one was $701 so I don't know where anyone is finding them for no more than $500???? Nor do I care, I feel like I got a great deal and since I'm paying for it, that's all that matters!!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #6 of 16 Old 03-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Milites Gregarius

Thanks for the link. They have a great price on the Quantum II which is what I have now. Anyone know if the new versions are that much better than the Quantum II?

post #7 of 16 Old 03-14-2010, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

eBay Store - Flyin Brians Deals: Apparel Accessories, MX Gear, Gloves

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #8 of 16 Old 03-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Whitty comment here

congrats on the new lid. it seems like you got a decent deal. i looked around, the same helmet is 450 to 500 at other sites. all the "blow out" sales, from what i have seen, are to make room for snell2010 helmets. to bad you couldnt get a different edition, that jolly roger is one ugly ass (or fugly) graphic IMO.

do you need earplugs with that model?

post #9 of 16 Old 03-15-2010, 08:50 AM
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I bought my jacket from flyin brian a couple years ago. Great to deal with, and great prices on most stuff. Still have to shop around though.

post #10 of 16 Old 03-15-2010, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
congrats on the new lid. it seems like you got a decent deal. i looked around, the same helmet is 450 to 500 at other sites. all the "blow out" sales, from what i have seen, are to make room for snell2010 helmets. to bad you couldnt get a different edition, that jolly roger is one ugly ass (or fugly) graphic IMO.

do you need earplugs with that model?
I liked it better than the Monster Energy drink one, at least it's a flat black! I'll take the Jolly Roger graphic for $200 discount, what the hell?

If I don't have tunes in my ears then I am most likely wearing earplugs anyway so that won't bother me if I do need them!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #11 of 16 Old 03-15-2010, 03:36 PM
When in doubt.....GAS IT!

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Congrats on the new Arai Woody. Of course you do realize that you'll have to wear an eye patch now when you wear that helmet.

Professional
post #12 of 16 Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

Arrrgh matey!!!!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #13 of 16 Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Whitty comment here

you were right about that, the monster energy is not that great. i would have gone with the haynes as well. you got a top notch brain bucket at a good price, thats all that matters.

post #14 of 16 Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

I agree Wes, thanks! Unlike my sister who calls me the other day to ask me where she can get a sissy bar for her Shadow Saber 1100, I ask her what, you gonna start making your date ride bitch or what, she snaps back, "no god dammit, sometimes I need a place to put my helmet if I dont feel like wearing it"!!!! WTF? I guess she forgot about the week in a fucking coma she had as a child after they CUT her helmet off her head after trying to split a curb with her skull!!! Fucking dumbass, I'm gonna let her have next Tim I see her!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #15 of 16 Old 03-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Whitty comment here

bro, thats rough. if i woke from a coma from a major bike accident, if i got back on, you wouldnt be able to pry a helmet off my head. you sure there wasnt any permanent damage to her grape?

when you get your helmet in and try it, pm me with a ride report if you get a chance. i have stayed away from top o' the line helmets in the past due to the need of earplugs in most models, but these recent prices are to hard to ignore.

post #16 of 16 Old 03-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Whitty comment here

woody, dont mean to threadjack, i just happened to be checking this website the same time i did the last post

* * * * | **| || motogadget * * * *

except for the price, these would be kinda cool. kill 2 birds with one stone. get rid of mickey mouses and eliminate the gauge pod all together. it would clean up the front of the bike. i dont think i have heard anybody mention this company.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode