anyone riding in the new firstgear kenya jacket? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Batman

anyone riding in the new firstgear kenya jacket?

Just curious if anyone has this as its on my possible list of new jackets for 2013. My leather scorpion jacket just isnt as warm nor waterproof as id like anymore...

Well, it was never really waterproof...so really im looking for a good multi purpose early spring late fall jacket thats warm and waterproof.
Its kinda between the revit Excalibur or the Kenya.

Budget conscious too, no spidi or klim for this man, im not that hardcore yet.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 PM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

I guess my question is how waterproof is waterproof? Do you want protection from getting caught in the rain or are you nuts like me and plan a 400 mile road trip in a storm? I'd say the build quality of both of your choices would be excellent, the REVIT jacket having the edge. Of the proprietary rain liner materials I'm aware of, Firstgear's Hypertex seems to be superior. However, I'd pay close attention to the direct vent zippers because each one has the potential to leak. In your climate, you'd probably be alright with a jacket that vents to the rain liner rather that directly to the body. I have worn a REVIT jacket with their Hydratex liner and it was fine for most conditions but not the aforementioned 400 mile deluge. Still, I'd have to give to the REVIT jacket because that's what I wear. I know the quality and you probably won't need the extra venting of the Firstgear in Fargo.

So you'll be fine either way - unless you're nuts like me. I had to make the jump to Gore Tex to stay dry, and it's a considerable jump.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-legacy-gtx-jacket
post #3 of 3 Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Batman

I'm not nuts like you...yet. More so looking for warmth and somewhat waterproof when the temps dip down in the fall or early spring (as in within a month I'd like to be riding if the snow melts and the town doesn't float away)

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode