Anyone ever convert their gloves to work with touchscreen? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 02-20-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Anyone ever convert their gloves to work with touchscreen?

I didn't want to buy a new pair, but still wanted to have touch screen.

Seems like adding conductive thread (or maybe just copper wire) to the tip is all that is needed. Just wondering if anyone has done this. I'm wondering why I can't get get some copper wire and thread it into a few finger tips of the gloves. Wouldn't be too hard to do and you can do it with any gloves.

They sell conductive thread, but IDK if it's much different, maybe fine copper wire would be best so that it's flexible.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-20-2019, 12:16 PM
I WANNA RIDE!

Iíve used a product called Anyglove. It is a liquid you apply to your glove. It works pretty well but needs to be reapplied periodically depending on how much you use your gloves. I did mine twice last season.

Make Any Glove Work With a Touchscreen Device | AnyGlove Formulas for Winter Gloves & Leather Gloves

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

I plan on getting a stylus and just using that instead. Seems my gloves slowly gain the ability to work on the screen as my oils leech into the leather. My winter gloves are unfortunately far too thick to ever work, and even if they did, I wouldn't be able to reliably touch the right things

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 9 Old 02-21-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanktm View Post
I plan on getting a stylus and just using that instead. Seems my gloves slowly gain the ability to work on the screen as my oils leech into the leather. My winter gloves are unfortunately far too thick to ever work, and even if they did, I wouldn't be able to reliably touch the right things

Doesn't the stylus have to touch skin?

I'm thinking of something that will work while riding, so working with a stylus isn't what I had in mind. I just got a new charger/holder combo and so it's right above my speedo, being able to use one finger without removing the glove would really help with some basic commands.

post #5 of 9 Old 02-21-2019, 08:58 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

People also put a conductive nub on their gloves that works as well. It's like an eraser head basically, goes on the finger tip

post #6 of 9 Old 02-21-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanktm View Post
People also put a conductive nub on their gloves that works as well. It's like an eraser head basically, goes on the finger tip

I have a pen/stylus and I just tested it while wearing gloves, and it works. So now I just need to find that material that they use on the end of it.

Anyone know what the foam rubber stuff is on the end of a stylus?

post #7 of 9 Old 04-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Tirone

I got the conductive fingertip stickies they sell by the register at CycleGear, and they've actually worked really well so far.

post #8 of 9 Old 04-01-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by draco880 View Post
I got the conductive fingertip stickies they sell by the register at CycleGear, and they've actually worked really well so far.
Do you have a brand or name or something?

That sounds interesting.

I ended up cutting a small hole in the tip of one finger and that worked ok. Then I lost a glove. Bought a new pair from HD (Husky) and they work pretty good.

I was limited in what I can use because I need XXL and not all gloves go past XL.

post #9 of 9 Old 04-01-2019, 07:31 PM
I WANNA RIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Do you have a brand or name or something?

That sounds interesting.

I ended up cutting a small hole in the tip of one finger and that worked ok. Then I lost a glove. Bought a new pair from HD (Husky) and they work pretty good.

I was limited in what I can use because I need XXL and not all gloves go past XL.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/glove...uchscreen-pads
Currently showing out of stock online but I saw them at the register at my local CycleGear this past Saturday.

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode