Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Anyone ever convert their gloves to work with touchscreen?

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  RBnobulls#it 
#1 ·
I didn't want to buy a new pair, but still wanted to have touch screen.

Seems like adding conductive thread (or maybe just copper wire) to the tip is all that is needed. Just wondering if anyone has done this. I'm wondering why I can't get get some copper wire and thread it into a few finger tips of the gloves. Wouldn't be too hard to do and you can do it with any gloves.

They sell conductive thread, but IDK if it's much different, maybe fine copper wire would be best so that it's flexible.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAjeQcKh2g8[/ame]

#3 ·
I plan on getting a stylus and just using that instead. Seems my gloves slowly gain the ability to work on the screen as my oils leech into the leather. My winter gloves are unfortunately far too thick to ever work, and even if they did, I wouldn't be able to reliably touch the right things

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Doesn't the stylus have to touch skin?

I'm thinking of something that will work while riding, so working with a stylus isn't what I had in mind. I just got a new charger/holder combo and so it's right above my speedo, being able to use one finger without removing the glove would really help with some basic commands.

#8 ·
Do you have a brand or name or something?

That sounds interesting.

I ended up cutting a small hole in the tip of one finger and that worked ok. Then I lost a glove. Bought a new pair from HD (Husky) and they work pretty good.

I was limited in what I can use because I need XXL and not all gloves go past XL.

#10 ·
I'll revive this thread.

I just bought some REAX Castor gloves and the touchscreen compatibility is just awesome. They were the only short-cuff glove I found that seemed to have all the armor I wanted in a glove and have touchscreen compatibility. Not all of the glove is compatible, though... it seems like it has to be the bottom part of the fingertips rather than the actual tip of the finger, if that makes sense.

My advice? Get some gloves with compatibility built-in. Always test on your phone to ensure it works, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.