Another boot thread! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 06-23-2007, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
WoW

Another boot thread!

I'm looking for some quality riding boots. Right now I just wear some skechers (boots) that offer only decent ankle protection. They held up well during my lowside, and had I not beeen wearing them I would be missing my big toe on my left foot. However I want to step up to some decent riding boots, but I'm on a budget

Found these on new enough:
http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/658

Any reason why I shouldn't buy them? They loook alright, but I don't know much aboooot boots.

I was also considering these:

http://www.newenough.com/browse/view...ct_images/1158

any and all opinions welcomed. :beer:

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

"Produced under the supervision of Sidi so you know the quality is assured"

Good enough to me.

The only experience I can share are these. Link I like them.

Or these link

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #3 of 16 Old 06-23-2007, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post

The only experience I can share are these.

Or these link

Pink cowboy boots FTW!!!!!!

The sidis are nice but definitely more than I was looking to spend.

post #4 of 16 Old 06-23-2007, 04:22 PM

I have no experience with either brand, but I really like both those boots you posted. I doubt you will regret either one. I had a hard time trying to decide between the cheaper Vision boots and Sidi's more expensive B2 but in the end...

post #5 of 16 Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM

I just went with the Sidi Vertigo Air but was also considering the Visions. Based on lots of positive opinions, I went with the Sidi's, bit also because they were adjustable for tucking in my riding pants (big on bottom).

With that said, and having now experienced the quality of Sidi's first-hand, I would say give the Visions a shot. If I buy a second pair for colder riding, I would most likely choose the Visions.

Moreover, this was my first purchase with New Enough and I certainly had a positive experience. I chose them for their no muss, no fuss return policy in case I got the wrong size boot.

Happy shopping... and if you get the Visions or Oxtars, please post your opinion of them.

post #6 of 16 Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV919 View Post
I just went with the Sidi Vertigo Air but was also considering the Visions. Based on lots of positive opinions, I went with the Sidi's, bit also because they were adjustable for tucking in my riding pants (big on bottom).

With that said, and having now experienced the quality of Sidi's first-hand, I would say give the Visions a shot. If I buy a second pair for colder riding, I would most likely choose the Visions.

Moreover, this was my first purchase with New Enough and I certainly had a positive experience. I chose them for their no muss, no fuss return policy in case I got the wrong size boot.

Happy shopping... and if you get the Visions or Oxtars, please post your opinion of them.
+1, I have dealt with NewEnough many times and they always have great service.

post #7 of 16 Old 06-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

I recently ordered a pair of these on a wim since I thought by the description, reviews and pics they looked like a steal. Now I am not adverse to spending $$$ (I have numerous pairs of of Alpinestar for MX) but I figured I would try them and if they sucked It was only chump change.

Well I've now had them for about 1000 riding miles and I must say they are an amazing bargain! The build quality is pretty darn good and they are extremely comfortable. Judging by the build I would think they would hold up well in a crash scenario.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ent=115&divisi

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

I wear the Alpinestar SMX-4, pretty nice book overall. I'll vouch for it.

post #9 of 16 Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I think any full zip boots would be a huge improvement over Sketchers. That being said, all of the above choices would be good for street riding.

I like my old Side Verts. for ankle hyperextension and heel protection and wear those for general commuting. For track, I wear Alpinestars Supertechs because of the internal ankle braces.

post #10 of 16 Old 06-27-2007, 08:47 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Oxtar Boots

I recently purchased a pair of Oxtar Jupitar GTX II boots from MotorcycleSuperstore.com. I'm very pleased with the fit, function and appearance of the boots, they look kind of like a Simpson racing shoe in that they are very slim and form fitting. A bit stiff walking, but have worn them all day and didn't have sore feet. Great on the bike, make shifting and braking very precise. Also don't look like some alien boot on your feet, more like a specialized hiking boot.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com.../OG/g28368.jpg

Superduke
R1200GS
XR650L
post #11 of 16 Old 06-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Another vote for the Alpinestar SMX-4 here. Love 'em.

I had Sidi Vertigos first, but with my giant calves I couldn't zip them up with leathers tucked in so they had to go. The A*stars give more room in that area.

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #12 of 16 Old 06-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Living the dream

I have Alpinestars SMX Plus. Love them. When I was at Laguna the A-Star rep there sold me on them. He suggested them over all other A-Star boots. I had tried on Sidi and Joe Rocket but love the A-Stars.
post #13 of 16 Old 07-08-2007, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
WoW

Thanks for all the replies guys, I decided to go with the oxtar boots (simply because they seem like a quality boot, and are very well priced) I should have them soon, and I'll write up a little review for all of you!

post #14 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
WoW

An update for all of you!

I decided to go with the Oxtar boots linked above. I've now done about 500 miles with them and so far I really like them! I must say for the money you can't really beat em' the next thing up in price is the Sidi's for $220 (that seems to be the going rate) My friend has the Sidi's and they are a great boot, but I don't think his are in anyway superior to mine.

If you decide to buy the Oxtar boots be warned that they run very big. I have many pairs of shoes, and all of them have the euro sizing on the inside of the tag. Because I have so many different shoes from different companies the sizes ran from 9-11 in US sizing. I just asked myself which was the most comfortable pair I own: My Nikes which were a size 9 US, which is a 43 Euro. Now even though 9 is the smallest shoe I own, the Oxtar 43 are still a tad big. (I would rather have them be a bit big than too small.) I cannot flat foot my motorcycle, so when I'm on my toes (say at a light for example) my heal comes off the sole of the boot ever so slightly.

The boots are relatively comfortable for walking around. They do get a little hot to wear after a while (though I would assume this would happen with most boots) They do not squeak like my friend's with the Sidi boots. The boots give pretty good feel on the controls, and really great grip on the pegs.

FYI I ordered them from www.imotorcyclestore.com for $158.59 w/free shipping. They processed and shipped the order in a timely manner. Shipping took about a week, but I was on an opposing coast, and the free shipping was ground (as per usual)

www.newenough.com also has the boots for $161 but no free shipping.

post #15 of 16 Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Nice boots, they look sick in white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
The boots are relatively comfortable for walking around. They do get a little hot to wear after a while (though I would assume this would happen with most boots) They do not squeak like my friend's with the Sidi boots.
Yep, Sidi's get hot, and mine squeak also

post #16 of 16 Old 07-24-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwerks919 View Post
Nice boots, they look sick in white.

Yep, Sidi's get hot, and mine squeak also

Yeah I really wanted white. Everyone asked me why I got white, but I always wear sneakers so when I have my pants over the boot they kinda look like a regular sneaker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode