Aerostitch for crap weather? Any real alternatives? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 2 Old 02-14-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Aerostitch for crap weather? Any real alternatives?

Hey all, the weather has turned shitty here in California, and I commute on my 919. I know Aero is the go-to, but wanted to hear if people like it over business clothes or suits or similar. Is there anyone else to check out here, or just get the Aerostitch?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-18-2019, 06:31 AM
Tirone

I wear Aerostich gear year 'round. (Roadcrafter 2-piece in brilliant yellow) It's very expensive to be sure but it's also very, very good stuff. It has really good ventilation in hot weather and is wind-proof and water-proof in bad weather. If you're seriously considering buying their stuff you should attend one of their sessions they hold at various places around the country so you can get properly measured for a suit. Custom built to your size doesn't cost any more than just "off the rack," and it is really nice to have gear that fits you perfectly. I've used and still have jackets made by Tourmaster and Alpinestars and while they're nice, they just don't fit as well as the Roadcrafter.

I'm retired so I don't have to worry about wearing business attire under the Roadcrafter but I see no reason that you couldn't and not mess up whatever you wear inside the Roadcrafter suit.

I bought the Aerostich gear some years ago after my neighbor in the Portland Maine area told me about his experience with it. He commuted on his 'cycle almost every day and wore a 1-piece Roadcrafter. One morning somebody squeezed him out of his lane on the big bridge going into Portland. As luck would have it, his accident took place on the part of bridge paved in metal grating. His bike was banged up some and his Roadcrafter got shredded as if it had been run against a cheese grater but he was un-marked. His insurance paid for a new suit as well. He said that he just figured that as expensive as the Aerostich stuff is, it still cost less than a single trip to the emergency room.

Just my thoughts......I have no stock in the Aerostitch company.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode