2up intercom options...BT or wired? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 03-16-2009, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

2up intercom options...BT or wired?

Has anyone tried the Dainese BT D-link ECE2205 or the BMW Nolan BT lids for 2up? I am leaning towards the high praise shark carbon RSR2. I searched for a great wireless BT FF noise canceling, loud, long battery life, compact install addon kit to replace wires, but haven't found one that outperforms autocom. Shoei doesn't provide enough room (without compromising it with dremel tool!) to fit autocom's speakers behind a snug fitting cheek pads and the replacement standard ear buds after miles are a pain. I saw tiny all internal earplugs at the motoshow that appear a great match for autocom, but were pricey.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-16-2009, 09:43 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Scala Rider Q2 (Cardo Systems, Inc.) is said to be a good replacement and with Blue Tooth capabilities. We sold 3 at the end of last year and, recently, I sold 1 to a customer in Venezuela.

I asked him to give me a review of it but he won't get to use it until the end of this month, if you are in no hurry, I would tell you to wait as they are going for a long trip and will be able to tell me if it worked to their liking or not.

post #3 of 9 Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
Scala Rider Q2 (Cardo Systems, Inc.) is said to be a good replacement and with Blue Tooth capabilities. We sold 3 at the end of last year and, recently, I sold 1 to a customer in Venezuela.

I asked him to give me a review of it but he won't get to use it until the end of this month, if you are in no hurry, I would tell you to wait as they are going for a long trip and will be able to tell me if it worked to their liking or not.
Thank you! Those do sound promising! My wired setup works ok so I'm patient. Do you have a line on those micro-plunger ear buds that fit comfortably inside tight helmet pads? They should cost $20, but instead are funding the company's huge boat.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
Do you have a line on those micro-plunger ear buds that fit comfortably inside tight helmet pads? They should cost $20, but instead are funding the company's huge boat.
Can you give me a brand? I don't think I do but I can check

post #5 of 9 Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
Thank you! Those do sound promising! My wired setup works ok so I'm patient. Do you have a line on those micro-plunger ear buds that fit comfortably inside tight helmet pads? They should cost $20, but instead are funding the company's huge boat.
The good earbuds are worth the money. We had Shure E5 in-ears for the band at church. We could wear them for 4-5 hours straight with no problems at all. They are somewhere in the $399+ range...just for the headphones.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Interphone Bluetooth Intercom

Highly recommended. $129 at newegg.com

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-10-2009, 04:13 PM
'evening Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
I've got the Scala Rider Q2 and while commuting listen to the radio. You can BT link it (sorry, I'm not tech-savvy to know the proper terms) with your phone and answer calls. When riding with a mate we can chat away at highway speeds, and with visor up, very clearly. The range between bikes is a claimed 500 metres (546 yards).

For what it's worth, I'm really happy with it. Bought one for the wife as well, yes I know bad idea, but you can always turn if off if need be.

I haven't used any other system so I can't really compare it against others.

post #8 of 9 Old 04-20-2009, 10:16 AM
imagepix

I also have the Scala Rider Q2 for me and my wife and have been very happy with them. I am able to answer or make calls on my cell phone while at freeway speeds. I purchased an extra boom arm so when I have my girls with me I just move the unit from one helmet to another. It funny when the misses and I are riding we communicate better than when we are at home. It is like therapy on the bike, plus no kids to look after. Life on the niner......

post #9 of 9 Old 11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
mad english

mrs goona and i use the midland BT2. works ok. i am a little miffed at the lock on the headset as it clicks in. i think that is wear and tear, but shouldnt happen, i guess. clear as a bell when working. sometimes cuts out dont know why.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode