Yoshimura Pipes - where to buy? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 02-01-2009, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Yoshimura Pipes - where to buy?

Hi all. I'm a newbie to the Wristtwisters. Firstly let me say thanks to everyone who posts replies, comments, etc. Us newbies learn so much from you, so its much apprecaited.

Ok, enough ego-blowing, I've had my 9er for a couple of months (2007 model which I absolutely love) and its about time for some Yoshi pipes. I've found a couple of ebay listing for companies in the US (I'm in Melbourne, Australia), and just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them. It's not as easy to check them out from here and the equivalent parts in Oz are about 30% more.

Performance Motosports $487 - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YOSHI...QQcmdZViewItem

JC Motors - $515 - https://www.jcmotors.com/m-194-yoshi... esize=999999

Parts 411 - $462 - http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/store...3591C8989.aspx

With regards to brand, I have read all the threads I can, asked friends and listened endlessly to youtube. No real preference for brand of pipes, however am really just chasing a better sound, not necessarily a loud sound or performance system. Have thought of bafflectomy, but to be honest not that excited by the sound. With the budget in mind and considering our crappy Aussie dollar in comparison to the US, Yoshi's fit the bill. Suggestions are appreciated but since this has been covered off in numerous previous threads I didn't want to cause too much of a double up.

Thanks!!!! (note this also posted in the wanted to buy section)

Tim
AussieConvict

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
CB900

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieconvict View Post
Hi all. I'm a newbie to the Wristtwisters. Firstly let me say thanks to everyone who posts replies, comments, etc. Us newbies learn so much from you, so its much apprecaited.

Ok, enough ego-blowing, I've had my 9er for a couple of months (2007 model which I absolutely love) and its about time for some Yoshi pipes. I've found a couple of ebay listing for companies in the US (I'm in Melbourne, Australia), and just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them. It's not as easy to check them out from here and the equivalent parts in Oz are about 30% more.

Performance Motosports $487 - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YOSHI...QQcmdZViewItem

JC Motors - $515 - https://www.jcmotors.com/m-194-yoshi... esize=999999

Parts 411 - $462 - http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/store...3591C8989.aspx

With regards to brand, I have read all the threads I can, asked friends and listened endlessly to youtube. No real preference for brand of pipes, however am really just chasing a better sound, not necessarily a loud sound or performance system. Have thought of bafflectomy, but to be honest not that excited by the sound. With the budget in mind and considering our crappy Aussie dollar in comparison to the US, Yoshi's fit the bill. Suggestions are appreciated but since this has been covered off in numerous previous threads I didn't want to cause too much of a double up.

Thanks!!!! (note this also posted in the wanted to buy section)

Tim
AussieConvict
Gday mate,
Try the dealer you bought it off, it's surprising what they can find, mine found me Staintunes although they are discontinued..... Oh yeah, welcome to Wrist Twisters, wealth of knowledge this mob is.

I come from the land Down Under, Where the women blow and the men thunder!!
post #3 of 9 Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Yep, been there, done that. They want about USD$250 more than what I can get direct from USA.

post #4 of 9 Old 02-05-2009, 05:02 AM
CB900

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieconvict View Post
Yep, been there, done that. They want about USD$250 more than what I can get direct from USA.
That sux, our shops are thieves!

I come from the land Down Under, Where the women blow and the men thunder!!
post #5 of 9 Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM
US Army

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I had Yosh pipes on a Suzuki and they were louder than stock but not obnoxiously loud. The best way to explained Yosh pipes is that they make a bike sound "tuned". Sounds lke you want "better" sound which the Yosh pipes can deliver. They are pretty quiet at idle but come to life on acceleration or twisting the throttle at a red light.

post #6 of 9 Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

welcome. At those prices you cant go wrong. I liked my Yoshi's but love my Satos

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #7 of 9 Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I has a single Yosh on my zrx1200 it sounded good at normal speed, then when you pushed it, it sounded great, now I have twins Yosh on my 919, 05. They came on the bike. They do not have the same sound throaty sound as the single, they are more mellow....

post #8 of 9 Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the comments. I decided on the Yoshi's and bought them from PerformanceMotorsports - who shipped them incredibly fast and were no hassle at all. Highly recommend ! They are fitted now (which was actually quite easy considering my level of technical ability) and I must say that I'm stunned. I love the Hornet anyway, but with this sound, it makes me grin every time. I can't wait for my up coming 4,000 km trip round the coast of Oz and via our Snowy Mntn range.

Thanks again for all the comments and for those that have posted replies on other threads, it really helps us newbie's !!!!!!!

post #9 of 9 Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode