Pc111 map for delkavic slip ons wanted. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 12-08-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
919 Rider

Pc111 map for delkavic slip ons wanted.

Hi. New member from Flinders Island, Tasmania, Australia. Picked up a 2002 919 with low km's from a repo auction. The bike was "stolen" on honda finance. It was one of the first to arrive in Australia. It had sat around for over ten years before being auctioned. It was completly stock. I replaced the rusty tank, fuel pump, filters and cleaned fuel lines and injectors. Replaced fuel pressure regulator and engine coolant sensor. I have done the flapper mod and the pair valve removal. Replaced stock rear shock with adjustable wilbers. Fitted a pc111usb and added pair of delkavic stain less slip ons. I have tried all the pc111 maps in the Dropbox. The erion and the yoshi maps worked the best. Smooth with no on/off throttle response. All maps were a little rough at no or small throttle openings. Fixed this with lowering low button values on pc111. I have also synchronized starter valves and synced throttle position to pc111. To get my bike to a dyna tuner is a 8 hr ferry trip and a two hour ride. I was hoping someone out there might have a custom map for the delkavic's. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Princeps Prior

Did you try the maps on Dynojets website? From my experience using someone else's tune won't do you a lot of good unless they live at a similar elevation.

post #3 of 19 Old 12-08-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
919 Rider

Gday redline 919. I've tried all of the maps from dyna jet's website. Thanks best map I found for my bike and delkavic's was the yoshimura map. I'm at least a year or two away from getting my bike tuned so I thought maybe someone could give me their custom map for delkavic's to try. Couldn't do any harm? Thank's mate.

post #4 of 19 Old 12-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Princeps Prior

Worth a try I suppose in your situation. Have you replaced the spark plugs? Did it run this way without the PC3?

post #5 of 19 Old 12-08-2016, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
919 Rider

Yes replaced all plugs. The bike had 15000 km on it when I picked it up. Someone had previously replaced all except for number 3. That was a different brand plug. I've been right over the bike. Replaced everthing I could, from liquids to gaskets. New chain, sprockets,oil filters etc. The bike now with the pc111 runs great. When it was stock it started well but pulsed at idle and the throttle felt a little on/off. With the original rear shock going over a bump in the road my wrist would twist slightly forward and on/off throttle response would mean sudden rev loss. Now with pc111 and mods. The bike has a cold start issue. Start button held down few seconds longer gets around this. I can hear the bike briefly stop and start again. It idle's smoother. It doesn't surge at small throttle openings as much. Gear changing is good, high revs great. Overall I prefer the bike with the pc111. The leaner maps like the erion and yoshi felt the best. I still have to use the low adjust button on the pc111 to lower the values. This reduces the pulsing idle and make low speed riding a lot smoother. I wonder what brand of exhaust does the delkavic stainless oval 450mm match the best. Mine came with their own stainless Y mid pipe.

post #6 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 07:55 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
Gday redline 919. I've tried all of the maps from dyna jet's website. Thanks best map I found for my bike and delkavic's was the yoshimura map. I'm at least a year or two away from getting my bike tuned so I thought maybe someone could give me their custom map for delkavic's to try. Couldn't do any harm? Thank's mate.
The dyna website Yosh map is not that good.
Better maps exist in our dropbox.
If you can't access it, PM me and I'll get some maps to you.

post #7 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
919 Rider

Thanks Mcromo44. I've tried all the maps in the drop box. All had issues with throttle response and low speed surging. The yoshi map didn't have the on/off throttle and I could use the low setting button on the pc111 to smooth out low speed. I'll keep looking for a delkavic map.
I love my 919. I've never had a exhaust stink problem, but it could be that I just like the smell of my bikes exhaust. My bike has developed a cold start issue. This I get around by holding down start button. I will not remove the pc111. I love how much better the bike is to ride with the pc111.
The Island I live on is basically one big race track. In a year or two I will ferry bike to mainland to get tuned.
I'm probably going to save up and get a set of yoshi tri oval stainless pipes, cause I like the look.

post #8 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 02:00 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Thanks Mcromo44. I've tried all the maps in the drop box. All had issues with throttle response and low speed surging. The yoshi map didn't have the on/off throttle and I could use the low setting button on the pc111 to smooth out low speed. I'll keep looking for a delkavic map.
I love my 919. I've never had a exhaust stink problem, but it could be that I just like the smell of my bikes exhaust. My bike has developed a cold start issue. This I get around by holding down start button. I will not remove the pc111. I love how much better the bike is to ride with the pc111.
The Island I live on is basically one big race track. In a year or two I will ferry bike to mainland to get tuned.
I'm probably going to save up and get a set of yoshi tri oval stainless pipes, cause I like the look.
Have you double checked to make sure your throttle sync worked? I know my values got messed up a couple times while doing it.

Also, the cold start problem is a known issue... the only proven fix is just holding the starter button down a few seconds after the bike started, or removing the power commander.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #9 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 03:00 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Badmoon has replied and I think he's on to something.
I too think that something else is involved, as what you are describing is a complaint I've never seen before (the mapping, not the cold start).
If you have tried every map, including also those in the mcromo compilation folder, then I don't think you have a map issue, and your button tinkering is masking whatever the underlying problem is.
Badmoon's suggestion to check the TP synching is a good one.
Keep in mind that zero % TP is in association with correct idle speed setting, so check that also.
Your airbox is stock, right?
Aside from the flapper mod that is which should not be a factor.
What are you running for an airfilter?
That being asked as I think the filter has some degree of intake damping effect, so if by chance you're using some foam type filter ala old time Filtron, maybe that's a factor.
Your airbox connection re PAIR has been blocked off and sealed, right?
Chasing gremlins means not discounting anything, I'd be bypassing the PCIII to for sure eliminate it as being causal.
Also assumed is that your throttle cable slack has been minimized, as that can cause fits of jerkiness on its own when trying to walk along in 1st by throttle alone with no clutch slippage.
Properly mapped and engine at normal temp and proper cable slack should let one be able to thread the eye of a needle with nothing but throttle control in 1st gear below 1000 RPM.

post #10 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
919 Rider

Yeah TP is synchronized, 0%. It never changes between maps. All cable slack has been removed. Pair valve hose blocked off. Stock airbox with stock filter. You might be onto something with the filter. It's original with 15000 km's on it. I'll give it a good clean and think obout getting a new one. I might have another go at the starter valve synchronise. I used home made vacum gauges. Think I'll buy one.
I've also been a wrist twisters lurker for 6 months. It's where google would send me. I've pretty much replaced and cleaned everthing. At one point it was an engine in a frame. Thanks for all the help and ideas.
The best thing about getting a second hand stock bike has been the cleaning up, the mods and chasing gremlins.

post #11 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 04:29 PM
McTavish

Is it possible that you have too little cable slack?
Any sensitivity to handlebar position?
Is the surge engine temp sensitive at all, or just all the time near small throttle openings?

I don't see it being ignition related unless you have a duff battery with low volts at RPMs too low for the charging system to be increasing voltage to an adequate level to compensate for.
What's the voltage at 1200 and 1500 RPM ?
(the manual does not show a plotted chart, just reference to 15.5 v @ 5000 revs

post #12 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 06:31 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

I'd bet the valve sync has something to do with it. Everyone I've seen has basically said you're more likely to mess something up than you are to fix something when you mess with those. They need to be pretty exactly adjusted and if you used a homemade device to do it they may not be close enough.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #13 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
919 Rider

I will check for throttle slack. Low throttle surge doesn't seem to be temp related, but I will go on a hard ride and check it with a cold and hot engine.
Battery came with bike. I've pulled the head light fuse since I don't run with a light on. Battery turns bike over well. Haven't checked volts but will look into getting a new battery. The one on the bike is an unknown.
Idle is set at around 1200.
There is a annoying light surge at times at very light throttle openings, in first gear, low speed. Lowering pc111 low values using the low button can clear this up. Lowering too much brings it back. Also increasing the low values, with low button, also makes stumble worse. There is a sweet spot, about 3 to 4 bars down.
I also found most maps, except for erion and yoshi, to cause the throttle to feel a little on off. Although I may have zero slack in the throttle cable ( I just checked).
Thanks mate.

post #14 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
919 Rider

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the starter valve sync as possible contributor to my light throttle surge.
I going to get a morgan carbtune out of England, mine was made out of coffee jars and dipper hose.

post #15 of 19 Old 12-09-2016, 07:03 PM
McTavish

Hmmmm, surge, as compared to stumble, indicates unintended power addition.
Air and/or fuel and/or electrics being the elements at play in that regard (electrics re ignition initiated combustion quality).
Just another thought ..........

post #16 of 19 Old 12-11-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
919 Rider

Ok, might has sorted my fuel/map issue. I paste and copy the low values ( TP 0-5 and RPM 500-2250) from Pvester 919 Gen 2 Sato map onto M112-005 (Yoshimura).
The Pester map caused my low throttle to smooth out but it felt on/off at revs. The yoshimura map ran well at revs but idle and low throttle was crap.
Went for a lap around "my island" on the weekend. Great low throttle, I can crawl the bike along with the engine hot or cold. Revs remain constant, no surging. At speed and high revs the throttle is smooth, no on/off feel.
Probably no need for someone's else's delkevic custom map. I'm very happy with how this map combo feels. It is also better than lowering the low button value on the yoshi map, which is what I was doing before.
Thanks to the couple of guys that have given me stuff to think about. I'll get some pics of my bike up.
Cheers from down under.

post #17 of 19 Old 12-13-2016, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
919 Rider

Here's a pic of my bike, all clean and fixed up. Ready for summer. Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161023_095801-1_1481655896971.jpg (274.2 KB, 16 views)

post #18 of 19 Old 12-13-2016, 01:16 PM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Looking good... You brought it back from the dead. Nice work

post #19 of 19 Old 12-14-2016, 04:11 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Enjoy yourself on it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode