Obi your my only hope - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 1 Old 02-22-2017, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Garage
Question Obi your my only hope

The wife and I have been riding dirt bikes since we could walk and have been doing street riding and dual sport riding for 2 years. The Honda 919 is a rebuild from a wreck and is causing me to loose sleep.

I have been using the knowledge you guys present for years and am now at the end of my road and in need of help.

So here is the story of the 2002 919. wrecked in 2002 with about 1500 miles on it. front flip causing mostly aesthetic damage.
I replaced
battery
fuel filter
fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator
tank gasket
oil
right fork
headlight
speedo
tires
air filter
plastics
chain
cleaned and gapped spark plugs
Due to wreck damage I did some welding and cutting and essentially turned the Y to come out the side as a single exhaust

I have done the flapper mod and capped and removed the California smog thing.

So here is the catch. It starts easily and idles normally. While idling if you snap the throttle all of the way open it will not rev freely but instead bog while feathering the throttle allows it to go to redline. When riding it has the far less than the 100hp it is meant to have. When the throttle is all the way open it starts to bog down. If this were my CB750 I would look for sand in the large jets but this is fuel injected. Now is the head scratcher. While rolling I hit the kill switch off then on and back and forth so that the bike cycles the fuel pump 3-4 times. When I hit the starter again is starts right up and has what I am assuming is normal full power. Ten miles later full throttle bogs it down and I have to cycle the fuel pump again. As you can see I replaced most of the fuel components. I am worried it could be valves or possibly the fuel injectors but am tired of putting in the brow sweat. Please guys give me your opinions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode