newb in NJ - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
newb in NJ

hello all newb here. my local delear has a new 2007 919 that i am thinkin about pickin up. i just sold me 04 sv and need a replacement. the dealer is asking 7799 for the 919, but i have seen them go for alot less on ebay, some close to 6000. what should i go offer the dealer for it? i dont want to be rude and crazy low ball them, but i dont want to spend any more cash than i need to. so i guess im just lookin to see what other people have spent on left over new 919s. thanks any info and hello again

hornet919 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Praefectus Castrorum
 
brevity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 4,392
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Welcome to WT! I'm sure regional prices vary. I would expect to pay more for just about anything in NJ. You should get one heck of a deal, though, on a two-year old bike, even NIB. He's asking way too much. Lowball the heck out of it. You're not looking for a date. Go get a loan from your bank or credit union, walk in there with 6,500 bucks, and wave it in front of his face.

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

brevity is offline  
post #3 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brevity View Post
Welcome to WT! I'm sure regional prices vary. I would expect to pay more for just about anything in NJ. You should get one heck of a deal, though, on a two-year old bike, even NIB. He's asking way too much. Lowball the heck out of it. You're not looking for a date. Go get a loan from your bank or credit union, walk in there with 6,500 bucks, and wave it in front of his face.
lol yeah i guess i could do that. cash talks. i was plannin on financing through them but if i can save coin getting my own loan thats what ill have to do i guess.

hornet919 is offline  
 
post #4 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 07:36 AM
little cobber
 
tazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: tasmania australia
Posts: 40
Rep Power: 1
 
Welcome. I paid $10600 Aust for mine ride away with two years warranty. No longer available down here new. I thought it was a resonable price since the new cb1000r naked is $19100 Aust more if you wont A.B.S brakes.

tazzy is offline  
post #5 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii
 
McCrimmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 3,726
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

to WT ... You should be better off getting a signature loan through your financial institution unless their rates stink.

+1 on Brevity...They are asking too much. barton664 will chime in soon...He's the guy to ask for what you should be looking to pay for that bike!


2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
McCrimmon is offline  
post #6 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
thanks for the replies everyone. looks like we have a non sarcastic forum here which is great lol. im goin to jet out of work early and go apply for a loan through the bank today. hopefully it works out

hornet919 is offline  
post #7 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Praefectus Castrorum
 
brevity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 4,392
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet919 View Post
thanks for the replies everyone. looks like we have a non sarcastic forum here which is great lol. im goin to jet out of work early and go apply for a loan through the bank today. hopefully it works out
Good luck! If you can get a loan from Honda, you can get a loan from the bank. And be ready to walk away from the deal if the dealer doesn't bite. No sense in overpaying for a toy (speaking from experience...). You'll find what you want for $6,500.

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

brevity is offline  
post #8 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member
 
Pacojerte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ft lauderdale fl
Posts: 12,874
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

you should be able to buy that bike for 6500 OUT THE DOOR or a bit less......... and if they won't... let me know i have friends still at the largest honda dealer in the usa and THEY will sell it to you for that price....



Pacojerte is offline  
post #9 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii
 
McCrimmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 3,726
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet919 View Post
thanks for the replies everyone. looks like we have a non sarcastic forum here which is great lol.
Oh boy...He has no clue...does he

Good luck...don't forget what Brevity said


2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
McCrimmon is offline  
post #10 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Tirone
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Williamstown zoo jersey
Posts: 22
Rep Power: 1
 
I just got a 919 myself what part of jersey ya from?
There was a 2004 919 on E-bay a couple weeks ago !!He wanted$4500, @something like 2000 miles on it. I just paid $3700 for my 04 with 9500 miles on it!!! I will see if i still have info on it ?

cwccrider is offline  
post #11 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 11:17 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
zookmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, Ga.
Posts: 2,760
Rep Power: 1
 
welcome. get a loand and walk in with cash or look used

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
zookmor is offline  
post #12 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
im in hunterdon county, 08809 to be exact. im definately tryin to get new. idk what it is but im kinda sketched out about buyin used

hornet919 is offline  
post #13 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Heavy Metal
 
ratdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: swamp in the wood
Posts: 4,304
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

ok, do NOT pay that asking price

I know lot's of managers/owners at several dealerships in north/central and south jersey...

You'll get a little love it you buy local when it comes time for service, but not much.

Use the Honda Powersports Search to find a 919 within reasonable distance, I'm sure there are more than just the one.

Motorcycle and ATV reviews, specifications, prices, used motorcycles by PowerSports Network

I found 5

2006 $5888 Trenton - East Coast Powersports
2007 $6588 Trenton - East Coast Powersports
2007 $6500 W. Collingswood Hts Barbs Harley Davidson
2007 $7799 Three Bridges Burger's
2007 $6499 Deptford Deptford Honda Yamaha

ratdog is offline  
post #14 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Heavy Metal
 
ratdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: swamp in the wood
Posts: 4,304
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

As fate would have it, I don't think I know anyone at those 3 dealerships but I'll have to post over at GSSC/Cycleforums.com, Tristatesportbikeriders.com and Sportbikeaddicts.com to find out. (folks move around)

My take, Barb's prolly has a slightly used bike (yep, 1458 miles) and will won't to get that Honda ch!t out of their showroom.

East Coast has 2 and will prolly deal cause 2 919's on the floorplan is 2 too many.

Deptford is down south and will prolly do the asking price as the out the door/on the road price.

If I weren't jammed this afternoon I'd take a run down to a couple places for you.

ratdog is offline  
post #15 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Heavy Metal
 
ratdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: swamp in the wood
Posts: 4,304
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

Again, as Barton said, $6500 on the road/out the door, no more !!

If they say no, walk out the door and into the lot.
Chances are 50/50 they'll come running after you.

Don't be scared of the 1500 miles on the one at Barb's, it was purchased by someone who bought an HD and likely wasn't thrashed.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...odelSearch=919

that's the search I used...

ratdog is offline  
post #16 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii
 
McCrimmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 3,726
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

To add to what has been said...There is nothing wrong with looking used. Plenty of good deals out there on good, clean used bikes. I've personally bought all my bikes used and have never had any regrets or issues


2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
McCrimmon is offline  
post #17 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
STR-III
 
cmurphy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Western KY
Posts: 4,989
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Welcome. Even if you don't pick up a 919, you can still hang out here.

If you've been around motorcycles much, you should be aware of what to look for in a used bike. I bought my 2003 919 with 15,000 miles on it for $4,000 last year. I didn't get a great deal, but it was about average at the time (high gas prices and economy not quite in the toilet yet).

Good luck with the search.

Press Any Key To Continue.
cmurphy84 is offline  
post #18 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Vehicle Abuse Specialist
 
WheelieTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fogelsville
Posts: 618
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet919 View Post
hello all newb here. my local delear has a new 2007 919 that i am thinkin about pickin up. i just sold me 04 sv and need a replacement. the dealer is asking 7799 for the 919, but i have seen them go for alot less on ebay, some close to 6000. what should i go offer the dealer for it? i dont want to be rude and crazy low ball them, but i dont want to spend any more cash than i need to. so i guess im just lookin to see what other people have spent on left over new 919s. thanks any info and hello again
Would that be Cycleworld of NJ ????

WheelieTime is offline  
post #19 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Mc 9er
 
mcdonald919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey,USA
Posts: 1,268
Rep Power: 1
 
thie bike at deptford is nice,its red,an its been there for a while,so maybe you can deal a little.i got my bike there back in 04. salesman is joe and finance girl is beckey,she will work with you as much as she can. good luck an keep us posted.

c 9er
silver,the fasted colour
mcdonald919 is offline  
post #20 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieTime View Post
Would that be Cycleworld of NJ ????
nah wasnt cycle world. anyway, i got all the dollars and cents figured out and ill be pickin up my new 919 tomorrow ill miss my old bike, but 5yrs and 20,000 miles, im ready for something new. this was my old sv which i loved dearly. . .


ill post up some pics of the new bike when i get it home tomorrow

hornet919 is offline  
post #21 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 03:02 PM
blur
 
drewvir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Deptford,NJ
Posts: 1,372
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
As fate would have it, I don't think I know anyone at those 3 dealerships but I'll have to post over at GSSC/Cycleforums.com, Tristatesportbikeriders.com and Sportbikeaddicts.com to find out. (folks move around)

My take, Barb's prolly has a slightly used bike (yep, 1458 miles) and will won't to get that Honda ch!t out of their showroom.

East Coast has 2 and will prolly deal cause 2 919's on the floorplan is 2 too many.

Deptford is down south and will prolly do the asking price as the out the door/on the road price.

If I weren't jammed this afternoon I'd take a run down to a couple places for you.
deptford honda/yamaha will do 7200 otd i tried to get them lower but they'd rather sit on a almost 3 year old bike.

if any of you nj 919ers want to get together drop me a line

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
drewvir is offline  
post #22 of 31 Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
ill be down for a ride as soon as i get this bad larry on the road

hornet919 is offline  
post #23 of 31 Old 06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Praefectus Castrorum
 
brevity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 4,392
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

What's the word, Newb? Hope it worked out for ya.

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

brevity is offline  
post #24 of 31 Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brevity View Post
What's the word, Newb? Hope it worked out for ya.
lol yep it worked out. picked it up on saturday and rode it for a while on sunday. so far i love it. great power, great handling, plenty comfortable, im very happy i chose it over the buell xb9sx. i got about 200 miles on it so far, before this coming weekend ill do my first oil change and than i can start to open it up

hornet919 is offline  
post #25 of 31 Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Praefectus Castrorum
 
brevity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East TN
Posts: 4,392
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet919 View Post
lol yep it worked out. picked it up on saturday and rode it for a while on sunday. so far i love it. great power, great handling, plenty comfortable, im very happy i chose it over the buell xb9sx. i got about 200 miles on it so far, before this coming weekend ill do my first oil change and than i can start to open it up
Cool. Enjoy!!!!!

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

brevity is offline  
post #26 of 31 Old 06-15-2009, 12:50 PM
In it for the Gas Mileage
 
Mikie13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 138
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvir View Post
deptford honda/yamaha will do 7200 otd i tried to get them lower but they'd rather sit on a almost 3 year old bike.

if any of you nj 919ers want to get together drop me a line
Hey I'm always down for a ride, so long as I'm not at the shore on weekends...I saw a few 919s on the road heading down to Avalon on the Expressway. Also saw a Monster and a Speed Triple...it was definitely the weekend of naked bikes though, which is usually pretty rare!

2003 Honda 919: Matte Black
Mikie13 is offline  
post #27 of 31 Old 06-15-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
Hey I'm always down for a ride, so long as I'm not at the shore on weekends...I saw a few 919s on the road heading down to Avalon on the Expressway. Also saw a Monster and a Speed Triple...it was definitely the weekend of naked bikes though, which is usually pretty rare!
ya know, surprisingly iv been seeing alot more naked bikes lately. i think the fighters are now almost as cool as the crotch rockets in the young peoples minds.

hornet919 is offline  
post #28 of 31 Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
That's Right!!!
 
BMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 958
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet919 View Post
ya know, surprisingly iv been seeing alot more naked bikes lately. i think the fighters are now almost as cool as the crotch rockets in the young peoples minds.
Finally...........they had an '05 Z1000 still new in the dealership last year locally.....I went down there a few months ago to try and get a "deal" but it wasn't there

2003 Honda RC51
BMiller is offline  
post #29 of 31 Old 06-16-2009, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Ballaholic
 
hornet919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nj
Posts: 682
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiller View Post
Finally...........they had an '05 Z1000 still new in the dealership last year locally.....I went down there a few months ago to try and get a "deal" but it wasn't there
lol at least people are startin to buy the cool naked bikes before no one makes them anymore. i looked at a couple z1000's but they are just too big. im 140lb on a good day so the 919 is plenty big for me

hornet919 is offline  
post #30 of 31 Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Tirone
 
akscare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ/NY Area
Posts: 90
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1


Just got my 2009 Candy Red 919 at 6399 OTD including DMV, 3 yrs theft protection and extended warrenty here in Portland, Oregon....Howz the deal guyz?????

akscare is offline  
post #31 of 31 Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Cornicen
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by akscare View Post

Just got my 2009 Candy Red 919 at 6399 OTD including DMV, 3 yrs theft protection and extended warrenty here in Portland, Oregon....Howz the deal guyz?????
You beat me! We have 8.something sales tax. OTD including DMV got me just over 7000.00. And I thought mine was a great deal.

BTW, you have an 07, not an 09...I know, I know, it was just a typo!

Blackheart is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome