New User with rear set issues - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 06-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Guero81

New User with rear set issues

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I was in a recent crash and I am not yet sure how it happen but I know that my foot peg did not come back on the spring like it was designed to. Instead it locked in place, dug into the asphalt, and whipped my bike sideways then straightened me out which ended with the bike and I flipping head over heels. They were stock rear sets and I have leaned low enough to touch down before but they have always moved up with the spring. I still had a ¼ of an inch of tire to go so I am pretty sure that I did not take the bike past its limits. Now I am looking in to aftermarket rear sets to possibly reduce the risk of it happening again. However, when looking at rear sets I can’t tell which ones will be more reliable and safer than others. I have heard a lot of good things about SATO rear sets but if they are like frame sliders, will they potentially cause the same problem as my stock rear sets did when they locked in place when I leaned the bike?

I appreciate any advice given and thank you for your time and consideration

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-26-2006, 04:28 PM
tomvan72

Which bike are you ridding?
Oh, and welcome!

post #3 of 9 Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Guero81

I am riding a 919.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-26-2006, 08:21 PM
919 City Pilot

I know your pain......thus my name lol.... the satos rear sets are my next mod.... Do your have dark cans on your bike? Tucson here as well..

post #5 of 9 Old 06-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Guero81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegjumpflyer
I know your pain......thus my name lol.... the satos rear sets are my next mod.... Do your have dark cans on your bike? Tucson here as well..
Yes I do, and I have added a few other aftermarket parts as well. I put on a bikini headlight fairing, bar end signals, undertail L.E.D. seat tray, and different mirrors. But, as of Fathers Fay all but the exhaust and understail survived. The bike was not totaled and it was mainly cosmetic damage, so I am hoping that I can find a solution to the rear set issue and keep going. Sorry to hear about your crash, how did the rear sets send you flying? How long have you owned your 919?

post #6 of 9 Old 06-27-2006, 06:03 AM
919 City Pilot

I think I saw you then on Golf links/ Avernon area. I did the hig side trick on a Honda VT500 Ascott. Have not had peg problems as of yet on the 9er. New set just look way more cool. Had the bike since Dec 03.

post #7 of 9 Old 06-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Guero81

Yeah that was probably me, silver/black helmet and jacket. I have family in that area. I have only seen one other person on a 919 in Tucson, I wonder how many people in Tucson own one.

post #8 of 9 Old 06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
919 City Pilot

I have seen about 3 others.....I ws riding mine that day you passed me on the Right...... got some OEM parts left from mods...if you need anything.

post #9 of 9 Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Guero81

Thank you for the offer, I will see what happens after Musselman Honda gets done with it. My insurance is taking care of everything and I didn't get a citation because the police officer understood what happened. I am just dreading the time it will take for bikini fairing to come in over seas. Customs takes about a month to let it through!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode