Been lurking for a few weeks, shortly after trading my Honda Magna for a '03 919 with 11k. Love the bike and the feel of it. Reminds me a lot of my TL1000S I had a few yrs ago. Since having it the last 2 months, I have done the following:
- Removed and wrapped Y-pipe in exhaust wrap (may do headers)
- Swapped out gutted stock mufflers for Yoshi TRS tri-ovals. One was badly dented from a wreck, prompting me to hack 6-7" off each can and re-riveting. Not too shabby, considering I got the pair for only $60 shipped off Ebay
- Repaired dent in tank, repainted/cleared/buffed.
- hacked down the rearsets a bit (pictured is how I got the bike from the P/O)
- flushed and bled both front/rear brakes
- adj. levers
- Swapped shock for an '07 for adj.
- Black crash pegs (chassis mounted, NOT motor)
- new DID chain
Currently has a 15T/45T setup, which is a bit suprising to me, considering he said he loved cross-country driving with the bike??? Plan on going to 16/43.