New owner of 919 - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By ggmark

post #1 of 10 Old 01-29-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

New owner of 919

Hey guys! Been lurking for a while now and finally decided to grab the bike! Got it for a pretty good price and has roughly 50k miles on it, still handles and drives like a dream! Definitely looking to upgrading the exhaust at some point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
ewmin3m and thegutterpoet like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-29-2019, 05:27 PM
Discen

Garage
Lovely looking devil steed! Which year is that?

I picked up my 05 model in March of last year, which had 51k on the clock...so far, all has been splendid!

post #3 of 10 Old 01-29-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

It's an 06 model. Yeah I honestly couldn't believe how smooth it is with that many miles. I use to have a CBR 600 f4i that had 27k on it and it wasn't as smooth compared to the 919

post #4 of 10 Old 01-30-2019, 12:39 AM
Discen

Garage
Whilst I hugely enjoyed the R6s I owned and especially the FZ1, over the course of my own riding history the cbr engine has been the most solid. I had a CB-1 400 (CBr400rr engine), then a CBR600F, and more recently the CBR900rr engine, and all of them have proven - so far - amazingly solid. I was a bit downtrodden and worried to go from a quite young Fazer (09 with 27k on the clock) to an 05 919 with 51k on the clock, but its fine, and I have grown to love the damn thing, and am now spending more money on modifications and taking great care of the beast! Be sure to check out the flapper mod...its easy to find instructions on here, its free, and in the case of my bike, doing this basic mod with a change of filter from K and N to Hiflo increased mpg and did make the power low down seem more linear. Worth a roll of the dice!

Is that the stock seat for the 06? It looks more comfortable than my stock saddle. Braided red lines? Michelin Pilots? And I quite like the exhaust mounted and the look of your steed is raw and dark, a bit devilish with the red and black.

post #5 of 10 Old 01-30-2019, 02:36 AM
919 Rider

Welcome to the tribe. I like your bike. I don't mind the exhaust either, industrial grunge look. Any idea what sort of exhaust system you might be interested in?

post #6 of 10 Old 01-31-2019, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

It's a Corbin seat and it's super comfortable, definitely makes my 40 minute commute to work a breeze now. They're not steel braided lines, just regular. It is running Michelin pilot but it could use a new set of tires.

As far as exhaust, I'm really open to anything, maybe just a slip on and not a full system.

As soon as I get a break from the rain I've been having here in the Bay Area, I plan to get a new set of tires, change the oil and just try to save up for a new exhaust.

post #7 of 10 Old 01-31-2019, 08:06 AM
Tirone

Nice bike! I have an ‘06 as well and regarding tires, have just installed the Michelin Road 5s but have not yet insured the bike again for the season. Also installing SS braided brake lines soon. A friend has the Road 5s on his 2014 Ninja 1000 and loves them. They get great reviews

post #8 of 10 Old 01-31-2019, 03:44 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome!

post #9 of 10 Old 01-31-2019, 06:57 PM
Pilus Posterior

I have a truck that I wrapped the exhaust on and it destroyed it. I see you're in SF Bay Area, do you ever get up into the Sierra Foothills, HWY 49, Placer, Tahoe? I know it's a bit of a ride for you, but some great rides.

I've never ridden in the Bay Area, but I'd like to try it some day.

post #10 of 10 Old 02-04-2019, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Nah I haven't ridden up there but I'm planning to once summer hits. It's definitely a beautiful rode, I just went up there when I went to Tahoe, some of the most nicest scenery I've seen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode