New Cincinnati 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 08-18-2016, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

New Cincinnati 919

Hi everyone, I figured I'd introduce myself as I imagine I'll be frequenting this site a lot - especially for how much I did before I purchased my bike. It's been extremely enjoyable the past few weeks riding it through some hills and twistys around Cincy.

It's an 07 with 7,300 miles on it, completely stock. Took it to get a PPI and the only thing it needs is the chain re-tightened and new seals on the forks. All in all was quoted $150 and he said everything else was in great shape.

It looks like the original owner wanted to make it a touring bike, as it has a Guzzi motorcycle rack and HUGE front windscreen, as well as some handlebar risers. So if anyone wants these three items, I'll be selling them.....I think the previous owner scratched the rear end with the Guzzi and repainted it since all the 919 stickers are off. I'll buy some on Ebay since I like that "919" on there.

Plans: I just ordered a Mivv X-Cone exhaust that will take 4-5 weeks to get here from Italy, will do a fender eliminator, paint some bits black, and but some Renthal Ultra Lows and call it a day after that.

Regarding the risers, I took them off but the "bolts" are not OEM as they are extended and do not allow me to put the stock bars back on. Anyone know where to purchase stock ones?

When it comes to the suspension, I see where you can turn it Softer or Harder with a flat head, but I thought there was a special tool to do further adjustments?...

Looking forward to learning more about this bike and continue riding it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1522.jpg (374.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1525.jpg (206.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1528.jpg (407.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1532.jpg (249.7 KB, 21 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-19-2016, 01:57 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome!

post #3 of 8 Old 08-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Princeps Prior

Welcome to the forum. I also live in Cincinnati.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Tirone

Hello and welcome. I'm a Clevelander.

PM if you want to sell those handle bar risers. And you can get the stock OEM handlebar bolts for cheap through Revzilla or even Ebay. Some local Honda shops may have them in stock, just gotta start calling around

Very clean Hornet btw!!

post #5 of 8 Old 08-20-2016, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks everyone

And redline919, not sure if you ever go down to River Rd on Saturday mornings for Cars and Coffee, but I'm there from time to time. If I ever see your black 919 I'll probably have a few questions for you

LoopsandLogic - I'll check Revzilla for some and also keep you posted on the risers....thanks for the heads up!

post #6 of 8 Old 08-21-2016, 06:58 AM
Princeps Prior

No I haven't been down there yet. Actually never heard of it. I live on the East side of town. Maybe I will check it out next weekend. Thanks

post #7 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

It's from 8am until about 11am but most cars/people start to leave at 10am or so. The coffee shop is called Fuel but I'll be coming back from vacation this Saturday so will have to miss it

All types of bikes and cars there - people bring their exotic cars out, classics, beaters, etc. Just something to do if you're up that early on a Saturday

post #8 of 8 Old 09-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Princeps Prior

Did you ever sell those risers and windscreen?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode