Welcome Magnus. Congrats of your new 9'er. I started out looking at cruisers but decided before I bought one that it wasn't what I really wanted. Also curious to hear what made you dump the HD.
1. Horrible shocks, kept bottoming out my rear shocks and forks on small bumps. (im only 190lbs)
2. Mediocre power. Doesnt have enough power to escape sticky situations (aka people coming into your lane on the highway like you arent even there)
3. Small 3.3 gallon gas tank
4. No lean angle, scraping all the time.
5. Headlight isnt bright enough
6. wanted to ride 2-up, getting the bike rady for that would cost alot of money.
7. Annoying oil changes.
The 919 did everything i want and more.
I originally was looking at the kawasaki versys. I test drove that and a bunch of other bikes, when i saw the 919 on the floor.
I had never heard of the 919 because i was always looking for 2009 bikes.
Guy said he had a a few still in crate in back. So i test drove the demo, and fell in love. Liked it much better than the kawsakis, clutch was worlds better.
The price was right, so i swooped it up!