just signed up just bought a nice 919 - Wrist Twisters
 8Likes
  • 4 Post By notabiker
  • 4 Post By notabiker

post #1 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

just signed up just bought a nice 919

I love UJMs, standard sport bikes, naked bikes or whatever you want to call them. My last one was a Green 2002 Kawasaki Z1000 that i installed the last Muzzy full system they had . Yes that bike was not real popular but ditching that ugly four muffler system made a world of difference.
I sold my 2007 SV 650 and was looking for a UJM on craigslist. I wanted another 2003-2003 Z1000 but the one i found had a dent in the tank [ deal breaker ]. So i was just looking for a low millage , clean and original naked bike. I am partial to Japanese bikes.
I see a 2007 [RED] Honda 919 listed 2,480 miles 4,500 or make offer. So i took a look, paint and body work Mint. Gas tank clean inside. I am a auto mechanic by trade but i never look for a fixer upper cheap. I prefer to pay more and get a really nice one. He sold it to me for 4,200 and i am VERY pleased. I changed the oil, cleaned the chain and spent two days cleaning and polishing. It looks and runs like new. I am retired [ 71 ] and lots of mods are not what interests me anymore. Almost every bike i have owned i modded. Now i just like to polish and ride.
I am so old that i bought a brand new honda 750 in 1969. My all time favorite bike i ever owned was a New 1982 Suzuki GS 1100 . I installed a Hooker race pipe and 33mm smooth bore carbs. That bike ruined a lot of GPZ 1100 guys day.
Memory lane and i have rambled on long enough. I feel very lucky to still enjoy a nice motorcycle ride on a fun bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-18-2018, 07:02 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome!

post #3 of 9 Old 05-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Discen

Hi,

I hope I am still riding at your age and beyond.
I'm 60 and also just want to ride. Back in the day I was always pulling my bikes to bits to clean and replace steering head bearings with roller bearings, and swing arm bushes got replaced often on my old bikes etc etc.
I like the 919, I test rode a Z900RS last week and wasn't impressed at all,
the local Honda shop just got in a new Honda CB1000R, so have my name down to give that a go.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-18-2018, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Only the radiator gives my 919 away as a newer generation motorcycle. This bike reminds me of my 1982 Suzuki GS 1100 a lot. Big round headlight and all. It might not be the fastest UJM out their but the roll on 6th gear fwy passing power is impressive.

post #5 of 9 Old 05-18-2018, 05:38 PM
Milites Gregarius

Welcome to the family! Show us a picture of your bike when you get the chance. I hope with all thatís in me that Iím still riding at your age. My dad just downgraded to a trike at the age of 64.

post #6 of 9 Old 05-18-2018, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Everyday i wake up and appreciate the fact that i still physically do pretty much what i always did. 6 ft 200 lbs and i can eat anything i want and as much as i want. I still work on old cars three days a week and am on my feet all day. Maybe never smoking , very mild drinking and being married to the same lady for 50 years helped ?

post #7 of 9 Old 05-20-2018, 12:42 AM
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabiker View Post
Everyday i wake up and appreciate the fact that i still physically do pretty much what i always did. 6 ft 200 lbs and i can eat anything i want and as much as i want. I still work on old cars three days a week and am on my feet all day. Maybe never smoking , very mild drinking and being married to the same lady for 50 years helped ?
You sound like my exact opposite

post #8 of 9 Old 05-20-2018, 04:31 AM
Milites Gregarius

Garage
Hollo and welcome notabiker!

I'm not a biker either... I am a motorcycle enthusiast. I don't follow trends or buy into any particular culture or brand name. I like all types of motorcycles, although I have basically owned Honda's since the seventies. Glad to see you take up the naked bike thing. That is exactly what I did after a brief absence from motorcycles. You will not be disappointed with your choice. Some may say it is outdated a bit? I personally have categorized it as one of my all time favorite bikes and listed it in the rare "timeless" category. Every time I have been to the track in 2018, someone approaches me to talk about the bike. In any case, good luck with yours and have fun.

PS - I got you on that taking care of yourself thing. I call it my own little 401K. Pays good dividends..... And congrats on the 50 years too!

post #9 of 9 Old 05-21-2018, 04:55 AM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabiker View Post
That's a gift all by itself... Welcome to the forum. Mines the same as yours, but one year older and a few "character mods" as I've had a few run ins with stupid drivers

Mine's all stock except for an air filter mod I just did.

Great health is really a gift, I've seen people lose their health in their 30's and 40's. Being active seems to be a key.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode