Honda Hornet CB900F (919) - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 03-22-2015, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Palmerston North
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 1
 
Honda Hornet CB900F (919)

Hi All,

Been lurking for a little while. I'm from New Zealand and bought the 900 Hornet in January with 30000km on the clock.
I haven't done any modifications as of yet but would like to go with a black/gold theme (it came with gold renthal bars) and the dealer is supplying the original single headlight which I prefer to the bug eye look.
A couple of pics and a few snaps of the first clean up job
I have purchased this tank pad in anticipation of a few mods.


Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20150126_001.jpg (246.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20150309_002.jpg (165.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20150316_001.jpg (94.7 KB, 49 views)

kevinator9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 Old 03-22-2015, 11:56 PM
Left of Centre
 
K1w1Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 3,487
Rep Power: 1
 
Good work Kev - make it your own, over time.

Cheers!

K1w1Boy is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 03-23-2015, 01:38 AM
Centurion
 
ewmin3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,366
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinator9 View Post
Hi All, Been lurking for a little while. I'm from New Zealand and bought the 900 Hornet in January with 30000km on the clock. I haven't done any modifications as of yet but would like to go with a black/gold theme (it came with gold renthal bars) and the dealer is supplying the original single headlight which I prefer to the bug eye look. A couple of pics and a few snaps of the first clean up job I have purchased this tank pad in anticipation of a few mods. Andrew
There's a sticker thread on here. Toast managed to get some very nice black and gold hornet decals if you would be interested. Just do a search

ewmin3m is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 Old 03-23-2015, 05:13 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius
 
voodooridr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 4,601
Rep Power: 1
 
Welcome


Dan
voodooridr is online now  
post #5 of 23 Old 03-24-2015, 04:45 PM
666
Tirone
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ventura
Posts: 82
Rep Power: 1
 
good looking bike ENJOY

666 is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 03-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Road Pilot
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,366
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Wolf is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 03-24-2015, 04:56 PM
dazed and confused
 
EscapedLabRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pullman
Posts: 446
Rep Power: 1
 
Welcome to the funny farm

There are definitely plenty gold parts out there for you: black+gold SS brake lines, Black+gold levers, gold SS bolts (actually I think Lococnc might be selling some off of his bike), and of coarse, the infamous Ohlins shock. Keep us updated with the progress.
EscapedLabRat is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 03-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Riding Naked All The Time
 
lococnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Conroe
Posts: 414
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapedLabRat View Post
Welcome to the funny farm

There are definitely plenty gold parts out there for you: black+gold SS brake lines, Black+gold levers, gold SS bolts (actually I think Lococnc might be selling some off of his bike), and of coarse, the infamous Ohlins shock. Keep us updated with the progress.
Yes, Yes I am, please buy them!

2004 919 Uranium

lococnc is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 03-25-2015, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Palmerston North
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 1
 
First change. Subtle but nice.

I am not sure on the brand of the lights sorry they came already on the bike from the dealer. The original is supposed to come with it but they haven't found it yet (been 2 months) so they might be buying a new one for it.

lococnc if you would like to post or PM pictures and details I could be interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20150326_001.jpg (156.8 KB, 40 views)

kevinator9 is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 03-25-2015, 08:11 PM
Riding Naked All The Time
 
lococnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Conroe
Posts: 414
Rep Power: 1
 
lococnc is offline  
post #11 of 23 Old 03-26-2015, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Palmerston North
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 1
 
Cool thanks for the details I'm paid monthly so might have to wait a while if you're in no hurry?

kevinator9 is offline  
post #12 of 23 Old 03-27-2015, 02:08 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Hi Mate! First mod, one that I was sorry I didn't do straight away, is to install Renthal Ultra Low's. Its a must. It changes the bike so much for the better. Even my 70-odd year old father (he is a stickler for leaving everything stock on a vehicle) that also has a 919 finally relented and he is extremely happy he did the mod.
It boggles the mind what they were thinking when they fitted that horrid, narrow, "ape hangers" on the 919.

Farab is offline  
post #13 of 23 Old 03-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Centurion
 
ewmin3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,366
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Hi Mate! First mod, one that I was sorry I didn't do straight away, is to install Renthal Ultra Low's. Its a must. It changes the bike so much for the better. Even my 70-odd year old father (he is a stickler for leaving everything stock on a vehicle) that also has a 919 finally relented and he is extremely happy he did the mod.
It boggles the mind what they were thinking when they fitted that horrid, narrow, "ape hangers" on the 919.
Still in Vancouver Farab?

ewmin3m is offline  
post #14 of 23 Old 03-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmin3m View Post
Still in Vancouver Farab?
Ha! You must have been lurking quite a bit! Yes, still here, although considering moving back in the next few months for work and other reasons. Its been a blast, although BC is just a bigger carbon copy of NZ (I don't mean that in a negative manner). The place is vast and a lot of freeway riding (unlike NZ) which I missed (I know, weird) to a degree, but I know sit with a massive flat spot on my rear tyre.....something that didn't happen in NZ.

Farab is offline  
post #15 of 23 Old 03-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Centurion
 
ewmin3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,366
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Ha! You must have been lurking quite a bit! Yes, still here, although considering moving back in the next few months for work and other reasons. Its been a blast, although BC is just a bigger carbon copy of NZ (I don't mean that in a negative manner). The place is vast and a lot of freeway riding (unlike NZ) which I missed (I know, weird) to a degree, but I know sit with a massive flat spot on my rear tyre.....something that didn't happen in NZ.

I've been riding with a little nail in my back tire for the past 4 months. Any good twisties arround ? Get that tire sorted out and let's ride

ewmin3m is offline  
post #16 of 23 Old 03-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Oops, had you confused with kevinator9.

Don't know, been thinking of going up to Whistler.

Farab is offline  
post #17 of 23 Old 03-27-2015, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Palmerston North
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 1
 
Already been blessed with renthal bars on the bike. Not sure what style but they have a nice finish

kevinator9 is offline  
post #18 of 23 Old 03-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinator9 View Post
Already been blessed with renthal bars on the bike. Not sure what style but they have a nice finish
Yes, I saw that after I posted, I was a bit quick of the mark.

Still, they seem quite high. If you are happy with them, then good, otherwise:

Renthal - ROAD ULTRA LOW

Farab is offline  
post #19 of 23 Old 03-28-2015, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Palmerston North
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 1
 
Just looked them up. They are road high (756) but seem to do the job nicely for me. I'm average height if not short so I find then nice for upright riding around town sitting at the front of the seat and then I shift my butt rearwards and I'm nicely crouched over the tank.

kevinator9 is offline  
post #20 of 23 Old 03-28-2015, 04:32 PM
Centurion
 
ewmin3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,366
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Just installed the UL and took them,out for a ride. Epic. The steering seems so sharp now :-P very good mod

ewmin3m is offline  
post #21 of 23 Old 03-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Discen
 
Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Portland
Posts: 211
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmin3m View Post
Just installed the UL and took them,out for a ride. Epic. The steering seems so sharp now :-P very good mod
Were you able to save your old grips, or did you need to replace them? Bar ends?

Cheese is offline  
post #22 of 23 Old 03-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Centurion
 
ewmin3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,366
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Were you able to save your old grips, or did you need to replace them? Bar ends?
The clutch grip was tough to take off but it's OK. No need to replace it. And no need for bar ends because I have bar end mirrors :-D

Granted my drilling could've been a few mm more precise but it's OK. Can't even tell

ewmin3m is offline  
post #23 of 23 Old 03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,454
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmin3m View Post
Just installed the UL and took them,out for a ride. Epic. The steering seems so sharp now :-P very good mod
Amazing how these bars, a simple mod, changes the bike so much for the better.

Farab is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome