Honda 919 - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ewmin3m

post #1 of 9 Old 08-05-2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Garage
Talking Honda 919

Hello everyone. I thought I'd introduce myself. I purchased a 2003 Honda 919 about a month ago and have been lurking in these forums about that long too, getting mod ideas and the like. I already really appreciate the knowledge and advise I've found in these threads and hope that I might be able to contribute to them as well.

I live in Colorado, near Denver, and have been riding for several years. I've wanted a 919 since 2008, but wasted my wallet on an '85 Ironhead Sportster for a while. I also ride a Suzuki DR350 (down for the count pending a carb rebuild), which is great for mountain trail rides. However, I LOVE the 919!!! It rides so smooth, balanced, fast, comfortable. Riding the Honda came much more naturally than my previous bikes. It purrs and roars!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Centurion

Garage
Excellent! Welcome to the "9er is a money pit if you start moding" club :-p can you share some pictures of the bike?
theboom likes this.

post #3 of 9 Old 08-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Nice!
I've had my '02 since '04.
There are a few of us here who've had their 919 for quite a while. Lots of useful info to be had for sure.
Also, Welcome!

I plan to die young, as late as possible.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Welcome Matt. I would ride it a while and decide to mod the things that bug you the most first. Congrats, 919's are great bikes.

post #5 of 9 Old 08-05-2016, 04:33 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Howdy.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #6 of 9 Old 08-06-2016, 05:19 AM
2fas4MEnow

919n

great choice ... the 919 is a blank slate ... it'll last 4evr & you can make it whatever you want it to be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0094.jpg (270.2 KB, 16 views)

VOTE NO
post #7 of 9 Old 09-03-2016, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Garage
Hey thanks everyone! I love the bike already! I got a bargain on it because the previous owner couldn't handle it and laid it over. It looks like he forgot the kickstand once because there is a giant dent in the left side of the fuel tank. Nothing a little sharpie can't cover up in the short term.

Too late on the money pit mod warning...I've already added the fender eliminator and an integrated LED taillight. I have a pair of carbon Dan Motos, but am waiting for the second hanger that they forgot to put in the box. I had the local shop check it out mechanically and put a new chain and sprockets on it. It's in great mechanical shape and the body dings just give me license to modify as "necessary" ;-)

Here is a front and back view the day I first got it.

New chain and sprockets.

After adding the fender eliminator and integrated taillight...and removing the windscreen 'cause I don't like it.

post #8 of 9 Old 09-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Centurion

Garage
should've pinged LDH for the 17/44 sprocket mod.... but I guess it's too early for you to notice :P

post #9 of 9 Old 09-03-2016, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Garage
Bummer, yeah I'd never heard of that until now, but kinda wish I had. I haven't been on any real rides yet, just commuting and short 30min-2hr rides in the foothills around Denver. I'm pretty conservative still and have only taken it up to 128 so far, but I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with it now. It's funny how much more natural the bike feels after riding for a couple of months. I really do want more hp. 128 didn't feel that fast. I'll keep the 17-44 520 mod in mind for later on. THX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode