Hi from Santa Barbara - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Hi from Santa Barbara

So happy, extremely happy, picked up a 919/2007 few weeks ago!! My first real bike! The guy who sold it had put 17k commuter miles on it and it is all 100% stock, the way I like it, for now ! I gave him $3900 for it and I feel I paid what it is worth..? Have lurked this forum for a while and trying to devour as much info as possible, thanks to all you guys with knowledge and the easy going feel of this site!! !! \

haha.. I have already put 1200 miles plus on it and I am trying to calm down and not ride every afternoon but it is hard!! damn what a lovely machine .. I had a few bikes in the past but nothing steals my heart like this one and the potential it carries!! I hope I can come with some newb questions on here soon

gogo go twisters!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 05:29 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Welcome Danielsan! That's a good price for an 07 you paid. You've joined a great community here with a lot of knowledgeable folks; feel free to ask away.

"Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything."

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #3 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Welcome Dan. Congrats on the new bike!

post #4 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Doing things the hard way

Welcome! I asked (and still ask) plenty of newb questions, but everyone was really helpful.

And of course we want to see pics of the bike!

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
post #5 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome! Congrats on your 9er!

post #6 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

thanks guys , watch out for the Cobra Kai!!! nothing but trouble

so here she is, little bit dirty,, need to break down and clean it,, been busy riding

I did remove the charcoal canister cause i needed to hoist the oinker.. so i made the first mod I guess.. saved the parts for future Cali possible smog inspections

also think he garage dropped it, see scratch, tank dent and slight off exhaust,, maybe i can reach the dent with rod inside tank?? and touch up the paint on the case.. bike is also due for new front tire and drive... front, back and chain. input on these items much appreciated

other I am in love people!! fantastic!! Wihoo!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01500.jpg (257.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01502.jpg (79.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01507.jpg (169.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01506.jpg (148.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01508.jpg (140.9 KB, 14 views)

post #7 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

I will also purchase some Autosol and work on some small roughness on the forks, don't wanna ruin the seals,, is it the bug carcases that makes those rough spots or just moist/rust?

post #8 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsan
I will also purchase some Autosol and work on some small roughness on the forks, don't wanna ruin the seals,, is it the bug carcases that makes those rough spots or just moist/rust?
Usually rust. If it's bad enough, you'll have to replace the tubes if it causes your forks to leak (if the pitting is down that far).

As for the dent in the tank, you won't fix that from the inside, it's a double walled tank.

Welcome danielsan!

Wax on! Wax off!

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #9 of 16 Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Le So Cal Troll

great looking specimine there. which mine was as clean as that (and that color)... bought mine with a nice size dent in the tank for 4200 back 3 years ago.

Im just down in camarillo south of you, from time to time i get up the SB way. East Camino Celio is a GREAT road off the 154 ride it all the way to divide peak and you get one HELL of a view. ridden that a couple of times and came out in different spots... one including a 8 mi dirt road from the top of camino down to paradise road on the lake cachuma side of the 154.

Welcome man, enjoy the fun!

post #10 of 16 Old 09-19-2012, 06:21 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Howdy from way out here in Goleta.

Good to see another local here.

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #11 of 16 Old 09-21-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

"East and West Camino Celio" yes sir, I am very familiar with these roads and trails since my last bike was a XR650L .. some excellent riding round here, had one today and snapped few shoots, needless to say ,, gotta love the 919
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01530.jpg (207.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01535.jpg (128.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01539.jpg (172.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01546.jpg (185.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01550.jpg (115.4 KB, 7 views)

post #12 of 16 Old 09-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Le So Cal Troll

OH i gotta get back up there... that road is so sick! Ever taken east camino onto the dirt past the ohv area? It looks like it connects all the way to the 33.

Also been tempted to go around the baracade to get to the dam thats back there.

post #13 of 16 Old 09-21-2012, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

they repaved Camino Ciello 2 years ago and its better than ever, haha yes.. down the left of Divided Peaks and further, we did go to the back gate once but not around it.. it's getting serious back there and you need survival gear.. someone claimed there are trails all way to Ballinger Canyon,, hehe.. Gibraltar Dam is doable but illegal

I was hoping you could hook me up on the Malibu secrets

*edit, some of the pics are Gibraltar Road that leads up to the ridge from SB

post #14 of 16 Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsan View Post
they repaved Camino Ciello 2 years ago and its better than ever, haha yes.. down the left of Divided Peaks and further, we did go to the back gate once but not around it.. it's getting serious back there and you need survival gear.. someone claimed there are trails all way to Ballinger Canyon,, hehe.. Gibraltar Dam is doable but illegal

I was hoping you could hook me up on the Malibu secrets

*edit, some of the pics are Gibraltar Road that leads up to the ridge from SB
ya i have taken the dirt road that starts by the shooting range on the ridge, down to some camping / mobile home area at the base of the valley on the 919... cool lil dirt fire road

ya i have only been on camino when its repaved. So theres a gate on it in the dirt past divide peak.

Secrets of malibu... you have come to the right place sir. I could go on all day about the various roads and canyons up there.

post #15 of 16 Old 09-21-2012, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
ya i have taken the dirt road that starts by the shooting range on the ridge, down to some camping / mobile home area at the base of the valley on the 919... cool lil dirt fire road
haha, you crazy boss.. thats Ranch Oso you talking about, taking your 919 down there is maniac I ate it bad once going down there on my thumper.. was roosting through a corner when front wheel caught a stone and the front end just vanished and down I went.. made it up with a laugh luckily

Quote:
So theres a gate on it in the dirt past divide peak.
yes.. hang a left there somewhere and after a couple of hours, past the dead mans curve, where som guy started a fire after falling down with his quad, (surviving that fall, incredible) the real deal starts.. single track mayhem.. I only went with experienced old fart guys.. miss my thumper now

lets touch base some time soon!!

post #16 of 16 Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsan View Post
haha, you crazy boss.. thats Ranch Oso you talking about, taking your 919 down there is maniac I ate it bad once going down there on my thumper.. was roosting through a corner when front wheel caught a stone and the front end just vanished and down I went.. made it up with a laugh luckily

yes.. hang a left there somewhere and after a couple of hours, past the dead mans curve, where som guy started a fire after falling down with his quad, (surviving that fall, incredible) the real deal starts.. single track mayhem.. I only went with experienced old fart guys.. miss my thumper now

lets touch base some time soon!!
haha ... ya its actually called arroyo burro road according to google maps, but im sure you know the dirt road im talking about... the only one that goes down past the glass factory. took it down to ranch oso like you said. It wasnt too bad, just took it slow... the 919 is actually pretty capable off road even with street tires.

Been tempted to throw the dirbike in the back of the truck and go to divide peak ohv area and play... but its a long drive for not much riding area.

For sure man, hit me up when your down this way... my schedule tends to let me get out on the 919 on sunday's and mondays.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode