Hi from Hyosung of New York! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 23 Old 04-26-2006, 08:30 PM
hyosungnewyork

Hi from Hyosung of New York!

Hey All...

My name is David and I work for Hyosung New York as internet sales manager. I was going through my visitor stats and I saw that someone has linked to us. Our special thanks for that. I was browsing your forum and decided to sign up.

I ride a Hyosung GT250 Naked bike. (taking delivery tommorow). My first season on a bike and figured would be a healthy choice.. getting to learn the bike first before i crank it up.

We have finished our website on april first: www.ridehyosung.com and I was wondering if anyone here is riding a Hyosung at the moment? Well, no worries, I'll keep my message "NON COMMERCIAL" and will share my experiences on my bike! Nice meeting you guys!

Don't forget to visit our forum and please feel free to share your experiences on your own bike, even when it's not a Hyosung! www.forum.ridehyosung.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 05:23 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

Good luck with selling the bikes. The technical details were sort of vague, can you provide anything more specific? Suspension, brakes, hp/tq, weight, warranty, etc.

post #3 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Dimensions, too. I've been looking for a bike for the SO for a while now, but she's only 5'3" She can upright most 250cc bikes, but the Hyosung looks a little big.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"

post #4 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Welcome aboard...

post #5 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 05:37 AM
hyosungnewyork

I am working on "american" specs but at the time when I started building the website I was basically the only & first one to have a decent presentation period. I am translating them now and making brochures for every single model. I"ll keep you posted about the specs on them.. They'll be done within a week or so.

As far as the height goes; if your girlfriend wants to ride and she's looking for a bike have a look at the Aquila. They call that bike the "little piglet"... That's the lowest bike there is. The GT250 can be adjusted and even a shorty should be able to put the feet on the ground. These pictures don't do them a lot of justice, believe me.. you gotta see them in person. Sit on it.. etc.

post #6 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 05:42 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyosungnewyork
I was going through my visitor stats and I saw that someone has linked to us. Our special thanks for that. I was browsing your forum and decided to sign up.
I guess that would be me... :tt2:
Sorry for dragging ya into this crazy mess.

post #7 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

환영받은 데비드 의 너는 한국 사람 이다?

post #8 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:12 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX
환영받은 데비드 의 너는 한국 사람 이다?
What the heck does that say?

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #9 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Oh no! Now we are gonna have derailed threads in different languages. Welcome to our madness Hyosung.

post #10 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Babel fish says: "Illusion it is a Korean whom the place bead which it receives it spreads out"

Um, that doesn't make any sense.

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #11 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bock919
Babel fish says: "Illusion it is a Korean whom the place bead which it receives it spreads out"

Um, that doesn't make any sense.
Yep, Google translate said the same thing.

post #12 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

" 환영받은 데비드 의 너는 한국 사람 이다? "

kevinfish translated - "you buy motorcycles else we develop nuclear weapons"

post #13 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10
" 환영받은 데비드 의 너는 한국 사람 이다? "

kevinfish translated - "you buy motorcycles else we develop nuclear weapons"
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

post #14 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:22 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Actually, you still misunderstood. The word "else" in Korean is easily confused with the word "and"

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #15 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 AM

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

You all are killing me over here. I can't stop laughing! Thanks, I just got off a plane and few very long days.

Bable fish sucks for translation. It's the worst for asian based languages. I said welcome and asked if he was korean.

post #16 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Okay, phew, glad we got that cleared up. That makes a lot more sense than "Illusion it is a Korean whom the place bead which it receives it spreads out"

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #17 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 07:00 AM
hyosungnewyork

Nope. I am NOT Korean.. I am from Germany & Holland. God bless the AUTOBAHN! :-) I bought a GT250 because it's cheap and I can learn the ropes this season. Before the season is over, i most likely will be riding a GT650R

post #18 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyosungnewyork
Nope. I am NOT Korean.. I am from Germany & Holland. God bless the AUTOBAHN! :-) I bought a GT250 because it's cheap and I can learn the ropes this season. Before the season is over, i most likely will be riding a GT650R

Welcome aboard Dave! You need to give a report on reliabilty and overall fit and finish throughout that first year. New makes always gotta take the high road first go around. And no fibbing either.

post #19 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 07:24 AM

Awards Showcase

HyosungNY, correct me if I'm wrong. But, Hyosung was a Suzuki supplier and the SV engineer defected to you guys?

post #20 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/index.p...366&Itemid=126

there are other writeups out there, easily googleable.

post #21 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
That's the review I found, too. 342 lbs. dry? That sucker doesn't weigh a thing. Seat height is a bit much for a 250, though. 31 something inches.

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #22 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 11:34 AM
hyosungnewyork

The GT250 seems to be allright.. selling since 2003. (in the usa as AlphaSports btw).. no real problems as far as I know, but I am critical. Every brand has their own little griefs and problems.... I'll let you know what happens during my trips. Going to commute 55 miles a day with the bike so I should have some good feedback within a couple days for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadogs
Welcome aboard Dave! You need to give a report on reliabilty and overall fit and finish throughout that first year. New makes always gotta take the high road first go around. And no fibbing either.

post #23 of 23 Old 04-27-2006, 07:04 PM
hyosungnewyork

Okay.. as promissed; first review on the bike. Today I finally got my bike! After a lot of paperwork and running around between the bank and the DMV I finally dropped the cheque of and I had titled and registered the bike in my name. Since I haven't riden a bike for a while I asked if one of my collegues would drive with me to Lake Luzerne. Turned out that both the boys had some time to kill and they rode op with me.

At first I was kinda pleased with the bike. Loved the "open" feel and for a second I didn't even miss my car. We decided to go over spier falls road and that's where the fun started - and the sobering up part too for that matter! The other 2 salesmen drive a 1000cc (Yamaha & Honda) and the difference became pretty obvious. Where i was strugling uphill and with the sidewinds, the 1000's could accelerate like crazy and stabilize themselves somewhat by doing that. Kinda of a bummer.... as I was riding my own speed; a smile slowly came to my face. I know I am going to have my hands full on keeping the bike on the road, learning to take the turns and slowly getting gutsy of course. It was then again why I realised the reason why I bought a 250cc as instead of the 650. Fun & Fuel economy... So I got a bit gutsier, throwing the bike down in turns, shifting down and let it rip (for as good as it could that means).

Just like driving the car, this is FUN! And after i got the shifting part down; i started paying attention to some things like RPM, handling and that kinda stuff. It feels great and is surprisingly better to control than I ever thought possible. Due to the fact that it isn't the fastest bike in the world, it gave me NO surprises at all. No funny feelings; nothing unexpected and totally predictable! Just the way I like it!

All with all, for the Money I spend on it... The first fill up was only $ 11,00 for a full tank of 93 octane; the $ 89.00 a year insurance and the payment of only 80 dollars a month... i definately did the right thing!

<< Copy of LEIGHTWEIGHT message >>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode