Hello from Louisville - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 06-06-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Lightbulb Hello from Louisville

New member here. I think I'm coming back to cycling after a 35 year absence. I've spent the last 4 months researching and test riding bikes, Kaw. Z1000 and different model years of the Bandit. I've not test rode a 919, few and far between in these parts. In 9 days I'm looking to purchase an 07 one owner 919 with less than 10k miles at a discounted price. The pictures and video of the 919 and what diagnosis I can make from those looks like a great deal.

The last bike I owned before becoming a parent was an 82 750F that I bought new and put on a Kerker, rear sets, large oil cooler, a rear rack, flat bars and made like I knew what I was doing in the mtns of CA. I put 32K on the clock before I went off to grad school and kids. My brothers raced bikes so there are those genes running around in the family. I'm fairly sure I'm not that guy anymore. What I did then was stupid and belonged on the track. I have enough that young guy in me that the 2nd generation Bandit was not an option. To much mass and too long a wheelbase, it felt unbalanced and requiring a lot of effort to ride at slower speeds. So its down to the Z1000 or the 919. The Kawa would work but they are as rare as the 919. I'm going to travel 4 hrs to check out the 919/purchase.

I'm not sure if this return to cycling has legs. I'm wondering if there are any tells that point in either direction. What say you?

Regards,
Glenn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-06-2019, 11:56 AM
Left of Centre

Go for it! Better to regret action than inaction. You'll soon know if it's not for you. The low mileage 919 sounds like just the ticket.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-06-2019, 07:36 PM
Tesserarius

Womp, I'm about an hour and 20 min from LouKy. I go thru there twice a day, Monday thru Friday. I come across the Sherman Minton, then South to the outer loop, west on outer loop to the UPS facility.

I'm 58. I still ride whenever I get the chance. I'll stop when my balance and coordination go away. The 919 is a very solid bike. I put 33,000 miles on one. If anything goes wrong with a 919, it's just small stuff. The guys here have seen it all, and will lend a hand when asked.

What's your price range?

post #4 of 5 Old 06-07-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Womp2623

What's your price range?[/QUOTE]

I'd say the sweet spot for a an immediate CL buy on an 04-07, under 15k miles, stock, well maintained, with maybe a bit of tip-over rash is about $3,600-$3,800. If a buyer is patient there are deals to be had.

post #5 of 5 Old 06-07-2019, 05:56 PM
919 Rider

You won't regret buying a 919. Good bike to get back into riding again on. Easy to work on, easy to ride.Very reliable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode