Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Hello from Louisville

885 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Islandboy 
#1 · (Edited)
New member here. I think I'm coming back to cycling after a 35 year absence. I've spent the last 4 months researching and test riding bikes, Kaw. Z1000 and different model years of the Bandit. I've not test rode a 919, few and far between in these parts. In 9 days I'm looking to purchase an 07 one owner 919 with less than 10k miles at a discounted price. The pictures and video of the 919 and what diagnosis I can make from those looks like a great deal.

The last bike I owned before becoming a parent was an 82 750F that I bought new and put on a Kerker, rear sets, large oil cooler, a rear rack, flat bars and made like I knew what I was doing in the mtns of CA. I put 32K on the clock before I went off to grad school and kids. My brothers raced bikes so there are those genes running around in the family. I'm fairly sure I'm not that guy anymore. What I did then was stupid and belonged on the track. I have enough that young guy in me that the 2nd generation Bandit was not an option. To much mass and too long a wheelbase, it felt unbalanced and requiring a lot of effort to ride at slower speeds. So its down to the Z1000 or the 919. The Kawa would work but they are as rare as the 919. I'm going to travel 4 hrs to check out the 919/purchase.

I'm not sure if this return to cycling has legs. I'm wondering if there are any tells that point in either direction. What say you?

Regards,
Glenn

See less See more
#3 ·
Womp, I'm about an hour and 20 min from LouKy. I go thru there twice a day, Monday thru Friday. I come across the Sherman Minton, then South to the outer loop, west on outer loop to the UPS facility.

I'm 58. I still ride whenever I get the chance. I'll stop when my balance and coordination go away. The 919 is a very solid bike. I put 33,000 miles on one. If anything goes wrong with a 919, it's just small stuff. The guys here have seen it all, and will lend a hand when asked.

What's your price range?

#4 ·
Womp2623

What's your price range?[/QUOTE]

I'd say the sweet spot for a an immediate CL buy on an 04-07, under 15k miles, stock, well maintained, with maybe a bit of tip-over rash is about $3,600-$3,800. If a buyer is patient there are deals to be had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.