Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Hello from Australia

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Islandboy 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,

I have recently bought a 2002 CB900f that had not been ridden in a couple of years.

The previous owner stated it did not run and the problem was the fuel pump. The fuel in it smelt rancid.

I priced a new fuel pump assembly from Honda and was shocked. So I sourced a second hand unit from eBay for $100.

Installed and it started first time! A couple of tanks of clean fuel with injector cleaner and it runs well.

It came with Renthal bars, some Danmoto pipes and braided lines.

I am hooked! A decent clean up and it's come up really well!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome aboard!
As for the bike, I love that blue colour and have since day 1.
It looks as though the bike has not been abused and is "all there".
It sure looks spiffy after your cleanup work.
Thankfully the needed fuel system fix was a basic and fairly inexpensive one.

#10 ·
Hey there, it has 48,000ks or 30,000 miles on it. It seems to have lived a good life in a garage.

The kill switch was not sitting right on the renthal bars. The switch was not working, had me stranded for a few mins. I have sorted that issue now.

New spark plugs arrived yesterday. A job for the weekend 😃

#12 ·
I've had bad stink before. Gone now.
Three things I did.
1. Fitted a Honda OEM wind shield. Obviously must change how the wind behaves at your back.
2. Swapped exhaust cans. The new cans have baffles which narrows the exhaust outlet. I think this might increase the speed at which exhaust gases exit. The stinky exhaust had very wide outlets.
3. Fitted a Power Commander. Some maps made the stink worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.