Hello - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Hello

New guy here. I am up in Canada in the bald prairie. I have an 08 street bob and an 86 750 shadow. Look forward to chatting you up and making a few friends.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Machine Head

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Welcome
Canada's heatin up!

-Mark-
There's gold in them hills
post #3 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Welcome! Lots of Canadian riders here lately!

post #4 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Thanks guys. I have been reading through some threads. You seem like a way less upright bunch than the Harley forums I'm in. Alot of those guys take the Internet way to seriously.
And if it ain't Harley it's junk attitude. That cracks me up. I bought my street bob because right out of the box it was a great ride and my style,but my old v-star was a way better built bike,for alot less money.
I bought this old Honda this winter and it's a scream to ride. Red lines at 9000 rpm,will pull the front tire(with a little help) and is nimble,and 50 mpg. Great city bike. My Harley is great too,highway it's a dream,carries all my gear no sweat but man,the bike was the down payment. The mods cost a fortune. But I live to ride. I don't care what it is. 2 wheels,wind in my face. Heaven

post #5 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Howdy and Welcome

Dan
post #6 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

You're spot on about this forum. You might get poked fun of a bit for having a Harley, but if you can take if, feel free to dish it ;-)

Kidding aside, we all get along....

Just stay away from Pvster.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #7 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Yayaya. I notice it's mostly metrics on here. No biggie. We can't all afford Harleys,you know,always fixing em,needing to drag a trailer full of tools for the side of the road fixes.
I got thick skin. I own a construction company,22 men,5-6 crews. I can take it. And dish it.
Have we got any members with an 82-86 shadows. I don't know anything about this bike. It's funny. The tech in my 25 year old Honda is more advanced than my 5 year old Harley. It's amazing Harley stayed in business. It must be all the t-shirts they sell.
Now,I'm not beating up on Harley,I'm just kinda awestruck that with all of today's tech the best they could come up with is a twin cam pushrod motor. Overhead cams are the way to go. Less parts,more revs,more reliable. I just don't get it.
Now my Harley is a dream to ride. I'm no speedster. 100mph is more than fast enough for me. I am more if a cruiser. That Harley is the ultimate highway bike,for me anyway,but that 750 is just a blast to ride. It corners and leans fantastic,looks pretty good,handles around and thru traffic just awesome.
I bought my old lady an 83 450 nighthawk last year. I was going to just hand her down my 06 1100 v-star but it was just too much bike for her. She handles the nighthawk really well,so when I came across this shadow I thought it would be a perfect highway bike for her. Now I don't want to give it up. Liquid cooled is a must for slow city traffic. More than once I have has to shut down the Harley for heat.
But now I gotta find her a highway bike. I was thinking a Vulcan dresser or something.
Anyways. Glad to meet yas

post #8 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Welcome to the place. We don't care what you ride. You ride. That's good enough for us.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #9 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim
Welcome to the place. We don't care what you ride. You ride. That's good enough for us.
Thanks Jim. Glad to be here. I hope to be able to learn,and add to the knowledge found here.
I can't wait. Looks like the season may start a month or so early here in the prairies. I rode til november 25 last year. Year before we got snowed in by mid October. Hooray for global warming. Well not really but you know what I mean

post #10 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 03:10 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome!

post #11 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Tirone

Where in the bald prairie are you ? Inwood, MB myself (north of Winnipeg) originally, now in central, PA.

post #12 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Welcome Shreddin'. Glad you found us.

post #13 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2007
Where in the bald prairie are you ? Inwood, MB myself (north of Winnipeg) originally, now in central, PA.
Saskatoon. I have family in winterpeg. I make a point of riding out there at least once a season to visit them.

post #14 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am a bit of an oil nut so if you want real answers and separate fact from fiction in the oil department send me a message.

post #15 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Just stay away from Pvster.
ha, coming from a moderator that likes to pay a penny cheaper than everyone else when it comes to buying a deal online, or randomly goes leet crazy on the forums....

post pix of your 750 shadow! sorry i dont own a shadow within your time frame, but i own an 89 shadow vlx. such a blast to ride! if you want a great highway cruiser that can handle real well but is also quick on it's feet and light, take a look at a 600 vlx, you cant go wrong! many people laugh at it's 600cc's and 4 speed transmission, but they certainly dont laugh after finding out i've been waiting for them for 5 minutes after a set of twisties

post #16 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster

ha, coming from a moderator that likes to pay a penny cheaper than everyone else when it comes to buying a deal online, or randomly goes leet crazy on the forums....

post pix of your 750 shadow! sorry i dont own a shadow within your time frame, but i own an 89 shadow vlx. such a blast to ride! if you want a great highway cruiser that can handle real well but is also quick on it's feet and light, take a look at a 600 vlx, you cant go wrong! many people laugh at it's 600cc's and 4 speed transmission, but they certainly dont laugh after finding out i've been waiting for them for 5 minutes after a set of twisties
I will take a few when I go see my Indy tomorrow.
The 750 has a 6 speed,which really surprised me. That Honda amazes me every time I take a look at it. It's the model before they turned them into a real cruiser.
The vt and my street bob are built pretty close to the same. Where the neck is in relation to seating position. The Honda is like a scaled down version of my street bob.
Once my mechanic gets it all back together I will start a thread showcasing both bikes. I am going to leave the Honda basically alone,stock. The street bob is getting cams,new heads,a pcv and dyno tune this month. March looks to be promising as far as making some miles so I want them both ready to roll.
The Harley left alot to be desired as far as power is concerned. My 1100 v-star would outrun it til the end of second gear. But it rattled so much at 70 mph I thought it would blow apart. The Harley is opposite. The rubber mount motor vibrates insanely til about 35 mph then is so smooth it's heavenly.
I havent gotten the old Honda on the highway yet but the former owner is a friend of mine. He said that the Honda was a rocket after 3000 rpm. I look forward to seeing how long I can hold a wheelie.

post #17 of 17 Old 02-16-2012, 08:22 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

Welcome, you need a comfy cruiser for all
the straight line roads of the prairies...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode