Haven't done much around here lately - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Haven't done much around here lately

But seeing as how my attention has recently turned back to the ol' hornet I figure I might as well re-introduce myself. Got me a 2007 as a brand new leftover in '09. Since then she's been bafflectomized, de-PAIR'd, fitted with a full complement of givi hard cases, renthal fatty's (high and wide for distance comfort), hand guards, center stand, and a delicious little swedish meatball of a rear shock. She's got a bit over 15k on her now including a 3200 mile trip from CT to western MT last summer that took me through the mid west, up into minnesota, over to yellowstone, and finally into the missoula area. She's seen duty as a commuter, 2-up mountain rode carver, and even the occaisional track bike. All in all she's been damn good to me and definitely earned her place among my more exotic 2-wheeled toys if only for her versatility. So without further adieu, here is my lovely Jen:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Former 919er

Welcome (again)! Hi Jen.

post #3 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 02:09 PM
...is a Nihonjin.

Welcome back. How was the track day.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Tesserarius

Garage
Hello

What in the world is a Swedish meatball rear shock? Hahaha

Diecut Vinyl Wrist Twisters Decals: http://mkt.com/toasttogo
post #5 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Which one? She's done quite a few in missoula (tiny ass track but free) and 3 out in Spokane (big and fast). Missoula was fun but a lot of work to muscle such a heavy bike around due to the size of the track. Spokane was a blast. I didn't have the horsepower or aerodynamics to keep up with the supersports going down the straights but I had some pretty significant corner speed over them and I was braking a lot later and harder (we're talking b-group here so not exactly race pace). Pretty much just kept her a gear lower than I thought I should through the corners so i could get her going again at the exits. Meant a helluva lot of time at redline but she didn't seem to mind. Of course, my last track day with her was when I developed a loose connection at my battery.. mid corner no less. Nothing like tipping into a 2nd gear hairpin and having the engine quit without warning, then seeing all your gauges reset. Managed to hold my line through the turn and got her started again just as I was exiting the turn so I kept going. Woke my ass up real quick though.

And toast, its an ohlins

post #6 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Tesserarius

Garage
Figured.

Diecut Vinyl Wrist Twisters Decals: http://mkt.com/toasttogo
post #7 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Welcome back!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode