2004 750 suzuki won't start - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 22 Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

2004 750 suzuki won't start

my bike was running fine until I turned it off and tried to start it again now the fuel pump won't even come on but I checked the fusses and all was ok then I took out the fuel pump andit ran once I hooked it straight to battery can any one help me and I also charged battery is fine I'm thinking it's the ecu because when I turn key everything work but I don't hear fuel pump andbike won't even try to start

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hello and welcome! Check the kill switch on the handlebars.

post #3 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

I'm new to the motorcycle world and I don't know how to check and see if kill switch is bad or not

post #4 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcolor
I'm new to the motorcycle world and I don't know how to check and see if kill switch is bad or not
Is it in the run position at least?

Spoiler:

post #5 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Yes it is

post #6 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcolor
Yes it is
I would try new plugs.

Spoiler:

post #7 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Tesserarius

the kill switch is a basic on/off switch. If you connect the wires that would bypass the switch. It could also be a bad battery man.

Does anything at all happen when you try and start it? Any noise?

post #8 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detale View Post
the kill switch is a basic on/off switch. If you connect the wires that would bypass the switch. It could also be a bad battery man.

Does anything at all happen when you try and start it? Any noise?
No just the head lights come on but I put the battery on a slow charge and the device tells me the battery is ok but the bike won't even try to start and the fuel pump don't make any noise unless I take it out and go straight to the battery

post #9 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
The Cripple

bike in gear when trying to start? kickstand down? etc.

post #10 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcolor View Post
my bike was running fine until I turned it off and tried to start it again now the fuel pump won't even come on but I checked the fusses and all was ok then I took out the fuel pump andit ran once I hooked it straight to battery can any one help me and I also charged battery is fine I'm thinking it's the ecu because when I turn key everything work but I don't hear fuel pump andbike won't even try to start
First hello and welcome onboard! Also, it'd be easier to make out what you're explaining with punctuations instead of reading one long sentence. It's easy to mistake "let's eat, grandma!" from "let's eat grandma!"

What happens when you hit the starter? Starter clicking? Lights going dim/out when trying to turn over?

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #11 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
First hello and welcome onboard! Also, it'd be easier to make out what you're explaining with punctuations instead of reading one long sentence. It's easy to mistake "let's eat, grandma!" from "let's eat grandma!"
Ugh, really?!

post #12 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:

What happens when you hit the starter? Starter clicking? Lights going dim/out when trying to turn over?
Ok thanx.
And when I turn the key everything come on.The lights , horn but when I press the starter button nuttin not even a sound.And the bike doesn't drain the battery

post #13 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Why's everything on fire?

Garage
Check your starter switch with a multimeter, then jump the starter solenoid and see what happens.

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2002 Honda 919
post #14 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB700S View Post
Check your starter switch with a multimeter, then jump the starter solenoid and see what happens.
It may be the starter switch and kill switch.I was thinking that because it should at least try to start with out the fuel pump. What do you think?

post #15 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Tesserarius

Quote:
It's easy to mistake "let's eat, grandma!" from "let's eat grandma!"
That's the analogy you come up with??? You my friend must have some suspect internet habits.

So mColor just to be clear. The key is turned, the lights are on, when you press the horn that works but when you push the started button nothing happens? When you say nothing happens, do the lights dim when you press the button? Will the horn work while you press the button?

PVster had a good one, do you have a neutral light/are you sure its not in gear? Just for kicks try and start it holding the clutch in.

Also where are you in the world bud?

post #16 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Dead battery, loose battery cable (ground) or starter/kill switch is broke would be the first things to check. If you've got a volt-meter handy, you could see where the battery is in charge.

That is if you've covered the basics. Bike is in Neutral and not in gear with clutch engage (lever out) while trying to start. Kickstand is up if starting in gear with the clutch lever pulled in. Kill switch is on run position...

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #17 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

And didn't mean to sound like an ahole. Just sayin it as it is

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #18 of 22 Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detale View Post
That's the analogy you come up with??? You my friend must have some suspect internet habits.

So mColor just to be clear. The key is turned, the lights are on, when you press the horn that works but when you push the started button nothing happens? When you say nothing happens, do the lights dim when you press the button? Will the horn work while you press the button?

PVster had a good one, do you have a neutral light/are you sure its not in gear? Just for kicks try and start it holding the clutch in.

Also where are you in the world bud?
Lol im in Texas and I feel like a ass cause my bike just started . It was in 1st gear the whole time but thanx alot.

post #19 of 22 Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 AM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcolor View Post
Lol im in Texas and I feel like a ass cause my bike just started . It was in 1st gear the whole time but thanx alot.
Well that was an easy fix! Remember, K.I.S.S. principle. Now go ride!

post #20 of 22 Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Tesserarius

AND THE WINNER IS PVSTER WITH "BIKE IN FIRST GEAR"!!!!!!!

@mcolor at least you were man enough to admit it, we've all made mistakes like that. I know I have. when I first got my 919 I didn't know it wouldn't go into gear with the kickstand down and stalled a few times before I realized. Glad you're bike is OK.

post #21 of 22 Old 01-22-2013, 01:04 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Few years ago I went on a trip to Lake Chelan and got to my hotel. I parked her outside to check in and came back to a bike that wouldn't start. This was after 8hrs of riding so I was a little out of the think clearly mode. Couldn't figure it out. Clutch in, kill switch on, battery good, gas in the tank. Even had an off duty biker cop try helping out only to give up and say sometimes the bikes don't like the elevation. So I pushed her in front of my room and got settled in. Came back out later to try again with no luck only to find out I was starting it in gear, clutch pulled in, buy WITH THE KICKSTAND DOWN!?

Dope!!

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #22 of 22 Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Few years ago I went on a trip to Lake Chelan and got to my hotel. I parked her outside to check in and came back to a bike that wouldn't start. This was after 8hrs of riding so I was a little out of the think clearly mode. Couldn't figure it out. Clutch in, kill switch on, battery good, gas in the tank. Even had an off duty biker cop try helping out only to give up and say sometimes the bikes don't like the elevation. So I pushed her in front of my room and got settled in. Came back out later to try again with no luck only to find out I was starting it in gear, clutch pulled in, buy WITH THE KICKSTAND DOWN!?

Dope!!
Lol one of them days

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode