Western IL, Eastern IA, Southern WI - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Zed's dead baby...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Western IL, Eastern IA, Southern WI

It's -22 today, but the days are getting longer! Looking for some fellow, non-squidish riders to get together and day trip w/. I'm on a 919, my lady rides a 599, and my father is on a Buell S3 thunderbolt. Galena, Starved Rock, Peoria, all make for great rides from my local. Any other flatlanders out there?

PCIII (Sato map by Kyle Racing); Sato Ti (second gen); Flapper disconnected; K&N (is that an accessory?); Self Made custom center stand; AFAM 17 tooth front sprocket; Galfer rear wave rotor, pads, and stainless line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-19-2008, 03:16 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Hey, I was born and raised in southeastern Iowa, down in Fairfield. Went to University of Iowa in Iowa City, worked in Cedar Rapids. 350 miles to the east now though in Indianapolis. Your post caught my eye since I have a 919 and my gf has a 599.

post #3 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 08:27 AM
I WANNA RIDE!

Those are great places to ride but I'm on the wrong side of Illinois, sorry.

Not to hijack but; by the way sbeau1960, I went to the U of I too! LOL! Go Hawks!

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.

post #4 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

I am not exactly in your area but I am looking for an excuse to get out to the western side if south WI. If you would ever be interested I would be willing to meet you all in Beloit. There looks to be some great riding roads to the west. Drop a line when the weather shapes up!

post #5 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Zed's dead baby...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Heya sbeau, I might be headed out in your neck of the woods this summer, gonna try to see a Dave Matthews concert at the Verizon Center or maybe the Moto GP race. Got a good friend who lives in Indy so i'll be there for a few days, perhaps we could go for a cruise, hows your gf like her 599?

PCIII (Sato map by Kyle Racing); Sato Ti (second gen); Flapper disconnected; K&N (is that an accessory?); Self Made custom center stand; AFAM 17 tooth front sprocket; Galfer rear wave rotor, pads, and stainless line.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 10:29 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyb900 View Post
Those are great places to ride but I'm on the wrong side of Illinois, sorry.

Not to hijack but; by the way sbeau1960, I went to the U of I too! LOL! Go Hawks!

Sorry IL919Rider, hope you don't hate the Hawkeyes. Surely there's some Western Illinois riders on here, know there's several guys up around Chicago.

Back in the day when I was in college, I rode my '78 Suzuki GS750E from Iowa City out to Indianapolis and back, quite the trip at the time. I didn't exactly have the most high tech gear back then, helmet and Levi's jacket baby! My Mom still lives in Fairfield and my niece has applied to grad school at U of I, might be fun to recreate that trip in reverse with better machinery and modern gear.

post #7 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL919Rider View Post
Heya sbeau, I might be headed out in your neck of the woods this summer, gonna try to see a Dave Matthews concert at the Verizon Center or maybe the Moto GP race. Got a good friend who lives in Indy so i'll be there for a few days, perhaps we could go for a cruise, hows your gf like her 599?
She loves her Lil' Yellow Hornet, as it's affectionately known. Just got it last summer and did a bunch of work on it, there's several posts and pics on here about it if you're interested.

Let me know if you're headed this way, would be fun to hook up. Several members are coming to the MotoGP, there's a thread under the Events forum about planning that get together.

post #8 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Zed's dead baby...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

great, thanks, i was chattin w/ a few guys from up here, and when fall hit, i got busy and forgot WT, but now that it's horrible here... might as well dream and scheme if i can't ride. I think i'll get the lady a slip on, just for noise if nothing else, so she can hear her own bike over my Sato's, otherwise i'm affraid she may kill it every other take off since she can't ride by feel yet.

post #9 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 11:07 AM
You Better Call Tirone

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I'm in for making a couple of trips out west/southern IL once it warms up of course... Galena is really nice. Don't know if I'd ride with my girl all the way out there though.

post #10 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL919Rider View Post
great, thanks, i was chattin w/ a few guys from up here, and when fall hit, i got busy and forgot WT, but now that it's horrible here... might as well dream and scheme if i can't ride. I think i'll get the lady a slip on, just for noise if nothing else, so she can hear her own bike over my Sato's, otherwise i'm affraid she may kill it every other take off since she can't ride by feel yet.
MIVV is the way to go for the 599 IMO. Check it out...https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=9330

post #11 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I have some buddies I can stay with in Chicago and can go just about anywhere from there. Just let me know.

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #12 of 14 Old 01-20-2008, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Zed's dead baby...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Looks like Prarie Du Chien may be a nice equal distance for both of us, perhaps some nice saturday we could meet at Cabella's and do some riding from there? I know there is some BEAUTIFUL country up in that directon.

post #13 of 14 Old 01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Prairie Du Chien would be great for me. I could just head South East till I hit the River and follow the Mississippi all the way down. Keep this thread updated if you decide to do this.

post #14 of 14 Old 01-23-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Zed's dead baby...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

It might be part of my four states in one day ride, IA, IL, MN, and WI.. i might need a corbin saddle first?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode