welcome to Indy

We're here.
Hyatt Place.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 09-10-2008, 09:54 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Just got home from a night downtown, saw several MotoGP fans out and about. It's easy to pick out the Europeans after all.

post #3 of 34 Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

you lucky dogs! wish i could be there. one of these days i'll make it out of my little corner up here.

post #4 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Leaving Crestwood in a few hours.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #5 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
Just got home from a night downtown, saw several MotoGP fans out and about. It's easy to pick out the Europeans after all.
Hey, its not polite to talk about other peoples odor!

post #6 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Hey, its not polite to talk about other people odor!

post #7 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

My taxi:

[IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL][/IMG]

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #8 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 
Total Awards: 1

Guys have a great time!!! Jim tell Grub hi!!

post #9 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Das Kalmar

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I'll be down Friday.

BOOM CHICKA
post #10 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Hope y'all have a blast and don't forget to take pics for us saps that could not make it.

post #11 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 07:19 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

We will be there friday about noonish - Looking like the weather isnt gonna play nice ----

post #12 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 10:08 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

I just got my tickets from my parts distributor today, Tower Terrace Suite 16, $350 each face value! Same suite I watched Carb Day from, nice view over the pits and of the front straight, but we'll want to get down to the infield and stake out a spot near one of the esses.

post #13 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Isn't That Somethin'

Awards Showcase
Donation 

oh you said esses...thought you said...never mind

UT VIVANT ALII...SO OTHERS MAY LIVE
post #14 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 01:03 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

There will be plenty of Euro and American esses to check out I'm sure, plus those Red Bull girls and their esses

post #15 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 PM
So, Satan's our mascot?

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Soooo jealous. Have a great tim!

post #16 of 34 Old 09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

Went up to check out the Broadripple street party tonight, tons of bikes and a big crowd. Had dirt bikes doing freestyle jumping as well as a couple of stunt bikes performing for the crowd. Lots of law enforcement present but the crowd seemed calm, at least when we left at 9:30pm.

Lots of cool bikes, we didn't take ours out since the weather was iffy. Looks like tomorrow night's downtown bike events might get rained out but hoping for decent weather on Saturday and we'll join the biker crowd on Meridian.

Here's some pics...

post #17 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 07:51 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

The weater is almost perfect this weekend for a motorcycle race. Has been dry for a month, sunny skies and mild temps, now this!

Still seeing lots of motorcyclists on the roads, rain and all, so hopefully this inaugural race won't be a total washout.

Oh well, guess it'll make the cold beer taste even better tonight!

post #18 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Be sure to hoist one for me!

post #19 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 AM
necked 919

Had to get a new tire put on this AM, now off to the track...
here's my pics so far:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/5656...vF?vhost=rides

Rj - WQEU774
Team Drumstick
Hondas: 919Hornet - 750NightHawk - CR250R - TRX400EX - TRX250EX wife's quad
Bultaco Metisse 250 project
BMW K1200GT

post #20 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybobb1 View Post
Had to get a new tire put on this AM, now off to the track...
here's my pics so far:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/5656...vF?vhost=rides
Nice shots Ray!

post #21 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

we skipped today at the track and took our daughter to the Children's Museum. Took a ton of pictures yesterday but the hotel internet connect sucks so can't upload pictures easily.

Found Spencer's Stadium Tavern driving back from the museum, will be there at 7:45'ish tonight.

post #22 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

Our Children's Museum rocks, one of the best in the country!

post #23 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 

Hope the rain doesn't drench your spirits!!

BTW Spies is looking good! Maybe you guys will have something homegrown to root for!

post #24 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 04:06 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

Rain, what rain?

post #25 of 34 Old 09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 

FYI guys I just read this on RRW.com

"premium ticketholders are NOT allowed to leave and re-enter the facility, but 3day general admission ticketholders are allowed to do so."

post #26 of 34 Old 09-13-2008, 03:09 PM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Its NOT RAINING TODAY!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #27 of 34 Old 09-13-2008, 03:15 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

Great to meet Kevin and Darrin last night, along with all of Kevin's entourage, very enjoyable time chatting and tipping a couple of cold ones at the tavern. We walked uptown afterwards and checked out the bikes on Meridian, great collection of machines from all over North America. Beautiful day today, we're heading out on the Hornets to cruise by the Speedway, then downtown to join the bike lineup ourselves this evening.

post #28 of 34 Old 09-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Great to meet Kevin and Darrin last night, along with all of Kevin's entourage, very enjoyable time chatting and tipping a couple of cold ones at the tavern. We walked uptown afterwards and checked out the bikes on Meridian, great collection of machines from all over North America. Beautiful day today, we're heading out on the Hornets to cruise by the Speedway, then downtown to join the bike lineup ourselves this evening.
I'm also trying to find a way down to Meridian tonight. With the whole family sharing 1 car its difficult. I might need a cab. Plus internet at the hotel sucks so I'm doing everything from the bb.

Can we pick a spot and time? That would make planning easier. Alan mentioned german restaurant downtown, if that's good let's pick a time.

post #29 of 34 Old 09-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Great time last night. Can't wait until the race tomorrow!

post #30 of 34 Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
I'm also trying to find a way down to Meridian tonight. With the whole family sharing 1 car its difficult. I might need a cab. Plus internet at the hotel sucks so I'm doing everything from the bb.

Can we pick a spot and time? That would make planning easier. Alan mentioned german restaurant downtown, if that's good let's pick a time.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, just got home from the Bikes on Meridian event. Probably 3 times as many bikes tonight as Friday, they had to keep expanding the parking area and closing off more side streets to accommodate everyone. We ran into a one of Gin's work friends with her pink 900RR, also met PJ and Paige from PJ's parts, very nice people. I took tons of pics, will put that slideshow together later and post it up.

Great weather today, no rain, sunny and warm all day. We rode down around the track just as everyone was leaving, amazing to see so many bikes on the streets of Indianapolis. Looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully there will be a window of dry weather and the rain won't start until after the races are complete.

post #31 of 34 Old 09-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

have a blast
take more pics !!
thx

post #32 of 34 Old 09-14-2008, 09:08 PM
necked 919

Quote:
also met PJ and Paige from PJ's parts, very nice people.
Small world sbeau...

On Friday we went to will call to pick up the tickets and low and behold we also got suite tickets.

Well the day was a soaker and when we finally found our way to the suite it turned out to be the AMA suite and there was all kinds of industry heavies in there having a meeting, so we took off and walked around the vendor areas.

After the days events our IRL friend invited us to dinner and he had his girl and PJ with him, when he picked us up. They took us to Eddie Merlot's in the North end, for an awesome meal with great company... lots of cool stories, as PJ is close friends with King Kenny, because PJ1 sponsored him for years. I also found out that PJ’s company also invented VHT, the same stuff used by drag strips for the starting line. I always thought that VHT stood for Very High Traction but PJ corrected us as it stands for Very High Temperature. He also told us that it is used on the Shuttle and every satellite in space.

And that my online friends, is why I didn't make it to our Friday night WT meet.

Saturday was awesome too; we planted ourselves in the suite for the morning practice and afternoon quals. It was very cool with Nicky flat tracking that Honda through the corners. I wound up having a shopping spree that sprained my credit card. Lots of cool moto things to buy, in the paddock and the infield area. That evening we met a cool cat that underwrites most of the insurance policies for the racetracks, promoters and race teams. He took us to a place by a lake called Rick's Boat House, again great food and good company. After dinner we went into the downtown to Meridian St and what a sight. Bikes and people everywhere, it was packed and for quite a few city blocks. It was pretty overwhelming, so I had to leave.

More rain on Sunday so we left the hotel late, right in-between storms and made it to the track right when the big burst started to fall. This time we were in the IRL suite with lots of cool people, but I was annoyed that they left the Colt/Vikings football TV’s audio on during the Invocation and the playing of our National Anthem … very poor taste in my opinion. The racing was very exciting until Rossi motored past our boy Hayden but that’s why he’s now the GOAT.

Because of the weather we postponed our departure to California till the morning. So I’ll get back online upon my return to the bay area.

In the meantime please enjoy looking at my photos from our excellent adventure by clicking on this linky picture…

Rj - WQEU774
Team Drumstick
Hondas: 919Hornet - 750NightHawk - CR250R - TRX400EX - TRX250EX wife's quad
Bultaco Metisse 250 project
BMW K1200GT

post #33 of 34 Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 AM
orange

Awards Showcase

I'll try and get my pics posted up tonight, didn't take the camera to the track in the rain but I'm sure the rest of you guys have plenty of pics from there. Mostly I took shots of classic bikes downtown, of which there was no shortage!

Glad you got to experience of a couple of our finer restaurants raybobb, Eddie Merlots is great and Rick's Boatyard on Eagle Creek Reservoir is the coolest place on the westside, a biker haven in the summertime.

We were thankful for our suite yesterday, had a good view of the start of the race, then figured out that if we stood on the balcony behind the suite we had a great view of the back straight and the turns inside the traditional "turn 3". We were in the Raybestos suite and the distributor that was hosting was from Owensboro, KY. As you might imagine it was a Nicky fan fest in there, made it a lot of fun.

Ginger and I both agreed that MotoGP puts all the other races we've seen there to shame, just something about the bike atmosphere drew us in far more than any of the 4 wheeled racing ever did. The manufacturer's tents were incredible, wish we would have gone on Saturday and got in on some of the demo rides. Might have been dangerous though, Ginger found out BMW makes a low frame version of the F650 GS that fit her perfectly, she was ready to sell her cruiser and Hornet and join the dual sport world after sitting on the beautiful blue one on display.

Can't wait for next year, this thing was a huge hit in spite of the weather and it will only get bigger. Way to go Tony George!

post #34 of 34 Old 09-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

You guys in the suites missed the experience of sitting in the driving rain having a blast. I was sitting in the South Vista looking out over turn 4 and the action there was tremendous. Just before they called the race the wind was blowing so hard I had to hold my hood to my rainsuit with both hands to keep it from blowing off.

The ride home after the races was quite exciting as well. The strong winds in Southern Indiana have knocked out power to hundreds of thousands and there were trees down all over my route home. The radio was calling for people to stay inside and stay off the streets. The Goldwing handled it all without a complaint though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode