Sunday Indy Cruise to Sweetwater area - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
"VonZipper"

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Sunday Indy Cruise to Sweetwater area

This is an email I sent to our Sunday Night Thunder group:

Mark "Drifter" Frat has suggested we take a longer ride on this weekend and go down toward Sweetwater this Sunday at 10:00 AM. Wives and significant others are welcome to come along too. Weather permitting we will leave from Mark's driveway at 10:15 AM.

10282 Woods Edge Drive
Fishers, IN 46037

If the weather is bad we will go with Plan B and take our normal Sunday Night Thunder cruise at 6:30 PM leaving from the same spot.

If you want to join us please send me a return email so that we will look for you, and wait for you if you are late. If I don't hear from you then we will leave on schedule.

Questions please call me at 317-710-0676. Hope many of you can go it will be more fun with more riders.

Regards, VonZipper

If any of the Wrist Twisters gang would like to go as well send me an email at

[email protected]

and I'll give you details and a map of where to meet us. Jim

If you have a Ten Dollar Head, get a $10.00 Helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 10:28 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Jim, are these all cruiser bikes on this ride?

post #3 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
"VonZipper"

Awards Showcase

Might be a High-yuh-bustier in the bunch but for the most part it's a cruiser thang....just a low key ride in the park...unless we get a wild hair then it's who knows...but a 919 would ride circles around all of us in any fashion. It isn't going to be hard core turn-busting-knee-draggin' if that's what you're asking...Christ..we're old farts darn it! If the AARP got wind of this we'd be toast! They'd take away my walker and ration my depends.....I'm not going to risk that!!!! But you sure would be welcome to join us and let us ruminate on what it's like to be young and Verile again.

post #4 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLee View Post
Might be a High-yuh-bustier in the bunch but for the most part it's a cruiser thang....just a low key ride in the park...unless we get a wild hair then it's who knows...but a 919 would ride circles around all of us in any fashion. It isn't going to be hard core turn-busting-knee-draggin' if that's what you're asking...Christ..we're old farts darn it! If the AARP got wind of this we'd be toast! They'd take away my walker and ration my depends.....I'm not going to risk that!!!! But you sure would be welcome to join us and let us ruminate on what it's like to be young and Verile again.
Guess I could ride the FJR real slow instead of the 919, that might fit in better.

Ginger has a little cruiser, would she be welcome?

post #5 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
"VonZipper"

Awards Showcase

Oh heck yes! It's more about the people than the bikes anyway. We all figure the more the better...the bikes are great because they tie us all together but the people make it fun. We have a couple ladies who have ridden off and on with us and they are as welcome as anyone. So bring it on my friend and we'll do our best to keep up. Jim

post #6 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

I have a variety of bikes, just no cruiser since I sold the R1200C. I'm not a speed demon though so I'm sure we could fit in. We'll have to see what this weekend brings, might be into a nice leisurely Sunday ride.

post #7 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
"VonZipper"

Awards Showcase

That's the spirit! I sure would have liked to ogle that BMW in the flesh though! Jim

post #8 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLee View Post
That's the spirit! I sure would have liked to ogle that BMW in the flesh though! Jim
There's another one for sale locally on Craigslist: 1998 BMW R1200C only 3445 miles ##############

post #9 of 10 Old 08-01-2009, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
"VonZipper"

Awards Showcase

HOLD EVERYTHING! I got called in to work tomorrow..I get off at 6:00 PM so we are going to Plan B which is meet at the same place @ 6:30 PM and ride for 2 1/2 -3 hours around the countryside. We do have a great route that we may tweak a bit so it's more interesting. Let me know if this still works for you guys. Sorry for the change up but Feces does occur. Jim

post #10 of 10 Old 08-01-2009, 04:35 PM
orange

Awards Showcase

Unfortunately we have dinner plans tomorrow evening with friends coming in from out of town so we'll have to miss this one. Think we'll head south on the adventure bikes and try to find some dirt instead.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode