Ride to Boston - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 54 Old 01-26-2012, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Ride to Boston

Me and a friend are trying to plan a trip to Boston from Newbrunswick for the may 24 weekend.
Anyone want to join in?

Any input? Where should we stay, what should we see, where should we go when there or on route?

Arte et Marte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 01-27-2012, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Really? No one?

Arte et Marte
post #3 of 54 Old 01-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Princeps Prior

I'm in. I'd say stay north of boston. It's better in my opinion. I'll show you around mass if you want. I know some really nice rides. If your even daring, maybe we could go to New Hampshire and ride the Kancamagus Highway. It's a few hours north of boston, but it is an AMAZING ride. If not there are plenty of awesome rides around boston.

post #4 of 54 Old 01-28-2012, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Gonna be a 2 night trip. Now to plan the routes to boston and back. Something tells me I wanna check out Old Orchard Beach.... May be too busy then though...
Any good but cheap (Bang for Buck) hotels in the Boston area that anyone may point us toward?

Arte et Marte
post #5 of 54 Old 01-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Princeps Prior

Old Orchard is nice. Yeah, I'm not sure of any good deals on hotels since I live here. lol. Never looked. I'll meet up with ya and we can go for a ride if you have time

post #6 of 54 Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Starting to look like it will be the very last weekend of May ass opposed to May 24 wknd. Work is starting to interfere with my personel life... Damn Military. There is now 4 confirmed guys going. Anyone that wants to meet up, drop a line here and we will arrange a meet along the way.

Arte et Marte
post #7 of 54 Old 03-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Gunner

Im in NH.. theres a road on the way up to the lake (winnipsaukee) called Rollercoaster road. ..no, im not kidding. i think thats worth a run, dont you?! we could do that, then hit the Kank as suggested earlier!

Im in for a day!

post #8 of 54 Old 03-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Princeps Prior

hmmm the kank!!!! Love that road

post #9 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Myself and a buddy will be leaving Newbrunswick on Friday, 8th of June. Spending the Saturday somewhere in the Boston area. Returning home on the Sunday.
If anyone in Boston area wants to organize a meet. Please do. I would like for someone who knows the area well to show us around.

Arte et Marte
post #10 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Princeps Prior

Yeahh sure. Sounds good. North of boston is where the better roads are. As scenic as boston is, it SUCKS for riding. Where are you staying?

post #11 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariannasdaddy View Post
Starting to look like it will be the very last weekend of May ass opposed to May 24 wknd. Work is starting to interfere with my personel life... Damn Military. There is now 4 confirmed guys going. Anyone that wants to meet up, drop a line here and we will arrange a meet along the way.
Quote:
Myself and a buddy will be leaving Newbrunswick on Friday, 8th of June. Spending the Saturday somewhere in the Boston area. Returning home on the Sunday.
If anyone in Boston area wants to organize a meet. Please do. I would like for someone who knows the area well to show us around.

Good call on delaying the trip ... this coming weekend is Memorial Day Weekend and it's crazy busy in Boston, around Boston, The Cape, Old Orchard, etc.

What are your plans? Do you want to ride? Or, do you want to sightsee Boston and grab good eats and drink?

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #12 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Gunner

Let me know when you plqn on heading north, or if you skip sightseeing.. id like to meet up with you guys.

post #13 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Gunner

Hey, just a heads up.. the weekend of june 8th starts bike week. You can count on it being a royal cluster.eff. So keep that in mind while planning.

post #14 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

There are no plans set in stone. We were thinking of making it to the Portsmouth area and spending the first night there. Get up early in the morning, riding into Boston, do a little "drive by" and move on to a nice day ride. Perhaps the Kank that has been mentioned. Head back towards Maine for night 2. We are gonna keep it open and just grab hotel rooms where ever we decide to stop for the night.
I dont want to sight see Boston, but I do want to see the "famous" areas like Charlestown and such.

Arte et Marte
post #15 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Princeps Prior

Well I know plenty of back roads to get us from boston to nh all back roads. Nice trip. Too bad you can't stay here for too long. Alot of nice area's to ride in that are out of your way like Rockport and Gloucester (where the perfect storm was filmed).

As for charlestown, I've never rode down there. Been down there a few times in the car, but with so much traffic, I usually just avoid boston all together! lol.

anyone around boston want to hook these guys up with a boston tour? I'll take care of north of boston. We can probably meet in Everett.

post #16 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminD3 View Post
Hey, just a heads up.. the weekend of june 8th starts bike week. You can count on it being a royal cluster.eff. So keep that in mind while planning.
With that said, who's got room for 3 clean Canadian Army guys to crash for a couple of nights?

Or can you point me in the direction of a good hotel in the Portsmouth area? Max $100 per night.

Arte et Marte
post #17 of 54 Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

And can someone tell me more about this so called bike week? Is there a link to a web site one can post? Please post.

Arte et Marte
post #18 of 54 Old 05-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Gunner

Quote:
With that said, who's got room for 3 clean Canadian Army guys to crash for a couple of nights?

Or can you point me in the direction of a good hotel in the Portsmouth area? Max $100 per night.

i MAY be able to give you guys a place to crash for the night, but i cant promise anything just yet. Ive got some family due to come in from out of town, and the dates arent locked down yet.
There are plenty of hotels, but, I would definitely call sooner rather than later. with bike week underweigh, hotels fill up fast, months ahead of time. however, given the distance from the lake, portsmouth should be good to go.

The bike week im referring to is Laconia. Its the oldest running bike week in the country or world.. I cant remember which. its mostly harley guys, and in years past, theres all kinds of stories about them 'disrespecting' guys on sport bikes. I think its tamed down a bit, but with my temper in mind,I stay away. ive got a good track record of avoiding jail, and Id like to keep that streak going! the last few years ive seen more and more sportsbikes on the highway during that time, so Im sure things are different, but with my luck.. ya know...

however.. theres a few really kickass roads local to me (concord), and we can work our way up to the Kank if that works for you guys.

post #19 of 54 Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Laconia Motorcycle Week | June 9-17, 2012 - Laconia, NH

It's a decent event. I use to go every year either on a sportbike or H-D. Never had an issue. The H-D crowd is actually a decent bunch. The asshats were the ones on sportbikes thinking they were all "Joe Racer"!

Rode the RC up there once and it got more attention than the H-D's or customs I rode up.

Mt. Washington and Laconia are doable in a day with some nice roads in between and around the area.

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #20 of 54 Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Gunner

thats good to hear at least. I remember a few years ago when one of the Hells angels punched a statie in the face. ..who knows what led to that..

post #21 of 54 Old 05-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Princeps Prior

There is ALOT OF traffic up near laconia. Not worth the trip in my opinion.

Anyway, just call me when you know about what time you'll be comming out of boston. I'll pm you with my number and a place to meet. From there I can show you the back roads all the way up to the hampton beach area. Anyone want to meet us there and keep going north?

post #22 of 54 Old 05-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogunoogun View Post
There is ALOT OF traffic up near laconia. Not worth the trip in my opinion.

agreed! lol

post #23 of 54 Old 05-26-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I am really starting to get things together. Boogunoogun, I got your message. We will meet up for sure. VitaminD3, thanks for the Crash offer, but I think with the bike week, I want to book ahead of time. Portsmouth is a good point for us. We want to take highway 1 (coastal route) and be able to spend the night just outside Boston. It's a good starting point for return as well. We will do a little tour around boston and meet in Everette for some nice country roads of NH. Laconia is not realistic for us. As much as I would like to go, time is just not there.

Anyone want to meet up with us at MacDonalds, 128 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149
https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=128+Br...ed=0CEwQ_AUoAg

I'm gonna shoot for 10am meet, but we will let Boogunoogun decide as he is leading this ride.

Arte et Marte
post #24 of 54 Old 05-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Princeps Prior

Sounds good to me!

post #25 of 54 Old 06-05-2012, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Plans are coming together. Lets hope the weather holds for us. Are we still sticking with 10am @ Mc D's in Everett?

Who's in for a ride with us?

I like the kickstand up rule for 10 but I would like for everyone to be able to meet. Lets say, chime in here so we know who to expect and we will give you a 30 min grace period.
10:30 kickstand up!

Arte et Marte
post #26 of 54 Old 06-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Princeps Prior

I'm in!!!

post #27 of 54 Old 06-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Gunner

Quote:
I am really starting to get things together. Boogunoogun, I got your message. We will meet up for sure. VitaminD3, thanks for the Crash offer, but I think with the bike week, I want to book ahead of time. Portsmouth is a good point for us. We want to take highway 1 (coastal route) and be able to spend the night just outside Boston. It's a good starting point for return as well. We will do a little tour around boston and meet in Everette for some nice country roads of NH. Laconia is not realistic for us. As much as I would like to go, time is just not there.

Anyone want to meet up with us at MacDonalds, 128 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149
https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=128+Br...ed=0CEwQ_AUoAg

I'm gonna shoot for 10am meet, but we will let Boogunoogun decide as he is leading this ride.
oh yeah.. dont get me wrong.. I dont want to go to bike week either. Id rather actually RIDE then stand there looking pretty! ;-)

so, if you guys have stands up at 1030, do we want to establish a place to meet in NH? considering that the riding is 'much better up here" it doesnt make much sense for me to come down there, only to turn back around and head north. Is the Kank ride still on the table? ive got a handfull of roads that we can have some fun on, while heading up there, if thats still the plan. we could meet in manchester at noon or something.. that way itll give you guys a piss break, then we can put some rubber down.

let me know what you think.

EDIT: I just saw the mention of Hampton beach. I can meet you guys out there. I know you mentioned taking rt 1, and thats a great idea.. but its only about 8 miles.. maybe less. Point being, it only lasts about 15 minutes, so do you want to head into maine after, or toward the kank?

post #28 of 54 Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I don't know the area at all so I'm just along for the ride. I will need to go back to Portsmouth when it's all said and done. I'm game for a 300-400 mile day or more.... I wanted to leave the day ride up to boog. You Vitamin and Boog can make this call.
Everett is the start location. If we pick you up along the way... I'm cool with that.

Arte et Marte
post #29 of 54 Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Gunner

Quote:
I don't know the area at all so I'm just along for the ride. I will need to go back to Portsmouth when it's all said and done. I'm game for a 300-400 mile day or more.... I wanted to leave the day ride up to boog. You Vitamin and Boog can make this call.
Everett is the start location. If we pick you up along the way... I'm cool with that.

whatever works!

post #30 of 54 Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Pm Boog so we can arrange a meet location for you.

Arte et Marte
post #31 of 54 Old 06-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Princeps Prior

Hmm. Not sure exactly what time we would meet up with you. If i were to take a guesstimate, id say 3pm? If you're only 15 min away, i can call you around an hour before we get there. Pm me your phone number

post #32 of 54 Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 PM
no max no more

what day you in everett...funny hearing everett grew up there ...live 5 min away

dont need a bike to ride the fast lane
post #33 of 54 Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
what day you in everett...funny hearing everett grew up there ...live 5 min away
Saturday.

look in above posts for details. Come by for a day ride with us. Let s know so we will wait a little if need be.

Arte et Marte
post #34 of 54 Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Princeps Prior

So I have about 2 good rides. The first one has alot of twisties, and just plain fun roads. BARELY anyone on them. Some beautiful lakes. and would take us slightly under 2.5 hours w/o breaks. See link below for approximate route

Mc Donald's to Hampton Beach, Hampton, NH - Google Maps

The next option is more coastal. Which has some nice scenery. Great ride, but with the first warm day around this area after getting rained on for a week, there will be more cars around. Still a great ride. This ride will be around 3 hours. w.o breaks.

any votes?

post #35 of 54 Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Gunner

Im about 45 minutes from Hampton. Ill PM you my #.

post #36 of 54 Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogunoogun View Post
So I have about 2 good rides. The first one has alot of twisties, and just plain fun roads. BARELY anyone on them. Some beautiful lakes. and would take us slightly under 2.5 hours w/o breaks. See link below for approximate route

The next option is more coastal. Which has some nice scenery. Great ride, but with the first warm day around this area after getting rained on for a week, there will be more cars around. Still a great ride. This ride will be around 3 hours. w.o breaks.

any votes?

It's a toss up for me. As much as I like twisty roads, I also love the coastline.

Arte et Marte
post #37 of 54 Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Tirone

How many people r goin?

post #38 of 54 Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Princeps Prior

as of right now, it sounds like me, arainnasdaddy, his buddy, and we will eventually meet up with vitamind3 in hampton.

Once in hampton, after we break, I will probably end up heading home. I have some plans later on saturday.

post #39 of 54 Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

i guess there will be 4 of us so far if we meet up with VitaminD3

Arte et Marte
post #40 of 54 Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Tirone

Kool, im about 95% sure I'll be there @ mc Donald's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode