Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

NJ, NY, PA Meetup?

109K views 1K replies 68 participants last post by  ZBrutale 
#1 ·
There's a few of us around, any interest in a northwest NJ meet & ride?

#5 ·
There's a couple of places to eat within about 20 mins of the NY or PA border or we could adjust the meeting point to somewhere in the middle of the furthest two who want to attend, I'm pretty flexible on the meeting point. I was thinking sometime within the next two months, I personally don't like to start out in anything much less than around 40deg. or so.

#10 ·
Sounds good to me. Let's pick a day(hopefully a Sunday) and see what happens.

We just returned home from and 8 day jaunt into WV and Southeastern Ohio. The wind on Friday was interesting on the highway to say the least, but nothing like the Great Plains.

Doc

#22 ·
Today's ride started with a 30 mi run on backroads to get to the Hampton Diner in Newton for bfst (about 10 mi as the crow flies), then 519 to 23 through High Point into Port Jervis NY to 97 through Hawk's Nest to 590(PA) into Hawley PA to 390 S. to 447 S. to 611 to 46 E.(back in NJ). About 200 mi round trip, it took about 6 hrs. with a few stops including breakfast and coffee/pee stops.

#23 ·
dang, man, I took a "long lunch" and did my first run through up through 94 to 23 to 519 N then back 519 S to 206 S and back to work.

519 S seemed to be a bit more challenging than the section of 519 N after 6 and 84. I've heard 608 is good and 517. About 130 miles total, my "long lunch" was about 3 and a 1/2 hours.

#25 ·
Zip Code: 08827

The best roads surround High Point as a central hub.

Pa: Pocono Mountains & The Endless Mountains(just a little farther west).

NY: Sullivan & Orange Counties
The Catskill Mountains

NJ: Sussex, Warren, and Hunterdon Counties

Just my 2 cents.

Doc

#27 · (Edited)
i'm intrested.let's see a date so i can give a def. yea or nea.

btw yous guys do no the north/central/south jersey lines are rt 70 and rt 195? unless ur from my area then ANYTHING above rt 70 is north jersey. lol

#28 · (Edited)
#31 ·
Niagara Falls is awesome but that's a LONG ride for the NJ folks, Duke.

I did a meetup with northeastern ST1300 riders a few years ago in Cobleskill, NY. It's close to some great riding roads in the Catskill Mountains and just east of Cooperstown NY (Baseball Hall of Fame). It's about four hours from Trenton and Rochester, so pretty much in the middle. It would be an overnight but so would any destination that's central to most NJ, NY, and PA riders. Just a thought....

#32 · (Edited)
hahaha, good thing you got the Wing.

I just got back from Round Valley (near Lebanon, nj). Anyone familiar with that area? It was one nice ride. Beautiful hills

Yes I live near that area and ride it all the time. 08867 PS, I'm in.

#34 ·
btw, i'm 08080

#36 · (Edited)
Nesty, for some reason google doesn't like 07954 zip code?

Anyway,

so far we got 11 guys. Ken is not shown on the map, if I zoom out, he makes the rest of us look like we are all in one spot :D
We all know he is coming from Rochester, NY. Nesty is somewhere here, between NJ and NY, his zip doesn't come up. Also gpzTurbo isn't shown, he is somewhere close to Philly.

Since RMB started this thread, he has the honors to propose the spot and date .:idea2:

drew and gpz, we can meet somewhere in Central Jersey and ride up there together if you wish.

View attachment 15009

#37 ·
see you said CENTRAL jersey.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.