NB, PEI, NS peeps? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 06-11-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
I like to take pictures!

Question NB, PEI, NS peeps?

Hey all. Looking for some help. I'm taking a trip the beginning of September, by car, not bike. Plan is to go from Ohio to Eastport, ME then on to New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia then back home. Anyone have any thoughts on must see stuff? We're gonna go whale watching (best place to go from?) but other than that it's pretty much a drive and stop at what catches our fancy. Thanks for any suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Discen

Hey!

Well it's hard to say, best thing I can say is stop at a tourist bureau and get a book for everything around here. NB has quite abit of stuff depending on your liking, I personally would skip PEI as it's not a very exciting place imo, it's all flat and there's really not much to do unless you really love potato's . In N.S it comes down to where you are going, Cape Breton highlands are pretty cool (4 hour drive along the mountains by the water), and Fort Louisburg is pretty good. If your coming by Halifax, Peggy's cove is a normal stop for tourist, and the city itself is good. If you head towards the Valley it's more farmland but there are some nice sites out that way, If you head towards the Valley (Annapolis royal) there's a place called "The lookoff" that's I recommend as a stop.

It really comes down to what you like, but like I said, tourist bureau is your best bet.

Have fun

post #3 of 4 Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
I like to take pictures!

Thanks! We have tourbooks, it just seems like there is so much to do! Especially in NB. I think the plan now is to take the ferry from PEI into NS then drive into Halifax from there. One of the people going wants to check out the crystal place there? We were thinking Peggy's Cove and then driving over to Yarmouth to catch the ferry to Portland. Thanks again.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Discen

Yeah NB is pretty big, I haven't been on that ferry in so long, they built a bridge going across (they charge you on the way back to N.S), same with crystal palace, it's been so long, last time I remembered it was fun, but that was like 10 years ago haha. Should be a fun trip! Enjoy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode